A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I quit on Monday and got my final paycheck today UPS! Finally free! NM - Daisy

Posted: Apr 10, 2014

NM

Final Paycheck! - Freedom

[ In Reply To ..]
I have seen more than the usual amount of posts lately about MTs leaving M*M and I could jump for joy. Leave this place behind and move on; it is the only way, M*M will ever be brought down. MTs quitting will make this Chapter 11 ordeal, seem like a cake-walk! Jump off this sinking ship!

Great news, good for you! - metoo

[ In Reply To ..]
I was walking on air for about the first week, having to pinch myself to realize it was actually over. Best of luck to you and know that you did the right thing. Everybody else who is still there, the stress level is just not worth it, life is too short to live like that.

Im sure it is a great relief for them actually - training more and more coders

[ In Reply To ..]
besides the 60 MTs they are training 25 with RHIT already. They are preparing for the inevitable reality of medical records being fully automated with no human interaction at all.

I'm reminded of - another song

[ In Reply To ..]
Whenever the song says "your lover" substitute... well, you know.

The problem is all inside your headâ
She said to me
âThe answer is easy if you
Take it logically
Iâd like to help you in your struggle
To be free
There must be fifty ways
To leave your loverâ

She said, âItâs really not my habit to intrude
Furthermore, I hope my meaning
Wonât be lost or misconstrued
But Iâll repeat myself
At the risk of being crude
There must be fifty ways
To leave your lover
Fifty ways to leave your loverâ

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You donât need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You donât need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Ooh, slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
Just listen to me
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

She said, âIt grieves me so
To see you in such pain
I wish there was something I could do
To make you smile againâ
I said, âI appreciate that
And would you please explain
About the fifty ways?â

She said, âWhy donât we both
Just sleep on it tonight
And I believe in the morning
Youâll begin to see the lightâ
And then she kissed me
And I realized she probably was right
There must be fifty ways
To leave your lover
Fifty ways to leave your lover

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
Just listen to me
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

© 1975 Words and Music by Paul Simon

Its amazing to be free. :) Right here with you. - MTPeep

[ In Reply To ..]
I am never looking back. Ripped the rearview mirror off and threw it to the wolves.

No direct deposit? I hope I get mine direct deposited - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
2 more weeks for me

No direct deposit. They probably wanted my signature for proof. NM - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

Final Paycheck - Does Anyone Know....sm
Jul 21, 2012

if your final paycheck is direct deposited or if they mail your check?  Thanks. ...

RIPPED OFF ON FINAL PAYCHECK
Jun 30, 2012

I resigned from MModal a week ago, June 23rd and received my final paycheck deposit yesterday.  It was over $100 short!  I worked the same number of hours I also do and transcribed within the ball park the same number of lines.   I also had 12 hours of PTO they owed me for that I had not used.  It doesn't appear that I was paid for all of that either.  For some reason they sent me 5 check stubs - I usually only got 2 per pay periods.  I get direct deposit. &nbs ...

Final Paycheck Question
May 25, 2013

Has anyone ever been told that the final pay from an MT company will not come all at once, and will be divided up into 2 final payments?  I thought this company would send me one final check, but she stated that they are sending it out according to their pay schedule and the final check will not come until the second week in June!!  It is not a tremendous sum; the first check I received was last week and it was around $370, and the second one I doubt will even be $200.   I ha ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Finally Free!!!
Oct 06, 2011

The nasty Q and I have finally parted ways!!!!  Looking forward to better opportunities than this horrible job!!!! ...

Finally Just Quit
Nov 28, 2012

Finally just quit with no notice for the first time in my life. Just fed up. Emailed supervisor a week-and-a-half ago, no response, emailed again and asked for confirmation, no response, and emailed HR, no response. Still getting blanket emails. Getting a small check this Friday but noticed vacation not paid out. Anyone else ever experience this? Any suggestions? Can't even quit. ...

I Finally Quit!!
Apr 20, 2013

Yep, finally quit!  Last straw was today!  Good luck everyone! ...

Press Release-final Today!
Apr 26, 2012

http://www.tradershuddle.com/20120426438457/Press-Releases/nuance-successfully-completes-tender-offer-for-transcend-common-stock.html Nuance Successfully Completes Tender Offer for Transcend Common Stock DetailsPublished on Thursday, 26 April 2012 08:20 Written by TradersHuddle Staff BURLINGTON, Mass.-( Business Wire )- Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN), a leading provider of voice and language solutions, today announced the successful completion of the cash tender offer by its who ...

Incentive Today Thru Monday DEP And Cornerstone
Mar 04, 2011

Check your MQ Central email. ...

Did Anyone Else Get A ZERO Paycheck Today?
Nov 16, 2012

Did anyone else look on Ultipro and see a zero pay for this period?  I thought we were still using Ultipro, am I wrong? ...

Anyone Have A Problem With Paycheck Today?
Oct 24, 2009

With this new timecard system did anyone else get a smaller paycheck today and of course cannot check it because the paystub info online is not updated yet?  I do not mind the new system, but before I could double check what I was getting paid before it came.  Now it was almost $100 less!  ...

No Paycheck In Mail Today
Jan 27, 2012

I have been with the "Q," not the "MM," for a month, receiving hard copy checks on Fridays until today.  I sure hope I get it tomorrow.  Not even sure who to call if I don't receive it.  Grrrrrrrr.. ...

Just Signed On To A Great Coding School Today - Start On Monday
Mar 28, 2014

I'm one of those that had a high enough test score to get into MModal's program but didn't quite make it.  I had already been looking at one of the Coding schools but wanted to give myself a week or so to think it over and not make a knee jerk move after being passed over by MModal.  Today, I picked up the phone and signed on with the school I've had my eye on and I start on Monday!  I'm actually reeeeally excited - and surprisingly I'm actually feeli ...

And So, Today I Finally Did It
Sep 11, 2012

It's a rather sad day, but a long time coming.  After 24 years as an IC with a damn good client, making really good $ and having a respectable job, today I gave notice.  I used to write my own ticket as a small MTSO without any question.  Sadly, the bottom-line paper pushers finally got their way with installing VR and the writing was on the wall.  I gave it a shot, I trained in editing.  I stayed on during the transition, taking a pay cut to less than .3cpl because ...

Finally Got NJA For Today
Mar 18, 2015

NJA....How can I do any hour OT when I can't even do my regular hours?  Who is the mastermind of this brilliant plan? ...

I Finally Enrolled At Andrews Today!
Aug 01, 2012

I am so excited, although I must admit that I'm just a little nervous about going back to school after 26 years in this field. I know it won't be easy but I am confident I can do it. I can hardly wait to get my books and get to studying! ...

Doctor Starts Dictation With "Today Is Free Slurpee Day"
Jul 11, 2013

So I think I'll go get my free Slurpee - Doctor's orders.  ...

Pass Of Free Flow Or Passive Free Flow?
Feb 04, 2011

Negative aspiration and pass of free flow of saline into the peritoneum was observed. or is it passive free flow of saline? ...

Final Paychecks
Feb 06, 2010

Has anyone who has left MQ either by quitting or termination had any trouble receiving their final paycheck(s) and PTO balance? ...

Final Check
Jun 30, 2010

Do anybody know how your final check is sent by Keystrokes?  I had direct deposit and wondered if it would go that way or be mailed out. ...

Final Diagnosis
Apr 22, 2010

Final Diagnosis..... ACE, ASA  s/l "steve a" stable angina pectoris   ...

Anyone Know About Final Checks . . .
Jun 25, 2010

I finally cut ties with the Q after being returning to work for them and finding them not to be the company they once were or the pay was not the same.  After careful consideration and finding another position, I resigned.  Awaiting my pay out from my PTO and being told it would be deposited today, nada.   Anyone have any idea about this?  Will this be sent as a final check or did I get the royal kick in the you know where and will not see that PTO payout. Thanks Q. ...

Perhaps Final Update
Mar 19, 2012

This will probably be my final post.  As some of you might recall, I graduated with my MD in 2010, and just received notice this week that I will be starting residency in July in Family Medicine.  I once again want to reiterate to all of the MTs and QAs out there slaving away for M*Modal that there is no computer in the world that can replace a human brain, that your skills are valuable, and that you are professionals and irreplaceable.  My 30 years in medical transcription was in ...

CMS Final Rule
Jan 30, 2013

This was published in the Federal Register last week, correct?  I have a friend who is in a battle with an insurance company over a very sick child.  They are always throwing up obstacles for coverage. She told me that out-of-network treatment is covered at 50% of 200% of Medicare rates.  So we are trying to uncover exactly what that rate is.  Is the CMS Final Rule document what  I am looking for to help her? Is Coder here?  Expert insight would be so appreciated ...

Awaiting Final Pay
Jun 28, 2013

I have been waiting for final pay from MTSO since May when check was "sent" It has not been received by me, nor has it been returned to MTSO.   Operator of MTSO says they have "fulfilled their legal obligation" and the fact that I have not received money is unfortunate.  Apparently no new check will be issued or Direct Deposit made until original check is returned as not deliverable.  Thoughts and advice please? Yes, I have emailed weekly and have the same response.  ...

Anyone Else Ever Get A Final Warning (PM)?
Jul 31, 2014

Just curious if anyone has gotten a final warning or if anyone has been fired from Mmodal?   I think I might be next...hoping if I do that I will be able to get unemployment because I am really trying to do my best but have not been able to pass audits for long....  ...

Re: Career Step Final
Feb 03, 2010

I was curious to hear if anybody failed the second part of the final? I got a 13% on the second part only because I was having serious trouble hearing the doctor clearly. I took that final last June, and I am wanting to take the final again in May. I am worried that I am going to come across the same problem even after practicing for so many months and getting helpful tips from the Career Step final. I am currently working part-time typing overflow reports and I am doing rather well with that. S ...

Just Scored A Surprise 84% On Final...:(
Apr 08, 2010

I just received a score on my Allied Med School Final exam of 84%, which really surprises me as I have been scoring upwards of 95 on the assignments and felt really good about these 5 transcriptions. From your experiences, what are my chances of ever being able to find a job with an 84 on my certificate? Trying to decide whether to try the second attempt or not - worried that my grade on it would be even lower... ...

Has Any One From Transcend Seen The Final Results Of The
Aug 10, 2010

biggest loser contest?  I saw June, but nothing after that.   Not that I will win it, but just curious since I felt it was a very unfair contest.  ...

LAVH-BSO On Final Diagnoses
Jan 22, 2011

I am doing a DS.  I can't believe this has never come up before (or I've forgotten!) - When typing LAVH-BSO on the diagnoses, can I use LAVH-BSO or do I need to spell it all out?  I would think LAVH-BSO would be more readable, but I know the rule is to spell it out.  I'm trying to be practical here, but it may come back to haunt me. Thanks ...