A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have tested for MQ and am waiting to hear back. Thought I pop over to the MQ board and - SM

Posted: Jul 19, 2011

get opinions from the horses' mouths.  Sooooo, should I work for MQ?  Is there enough work?  Is pay on time?  How is the QA?

Thanks!

not sure if its a good idea or not - mecmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not sure if it is worth it or not. I have worked for MQ now since February and I'm not really happy here. I have plenty of work and pay is always on time. QA kind of sucks tho. If you leave blanks you get marked down..if the QA fills your blank with the wrong thing YOU get marked down. I am in the process of trying to find another job so will stay here for the time being. the help loop never answers your emails, neither do supervisors, etc. but if you really need a job (like I do) then you should take it

Its all lovely and smelling like roses - in a delusional kind of way

[ In Reply To ..]
Some love it, some hate it and others gimp along with these lovely horse blinder things on chanting phrases like "I cant hear you," and "la, la, la, fa, la, la," and "Ohhh, was that a unicorn?"

Well you are going to get as many different answers - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
as their are posters to this one. The poster who said you get blamed if QA fills is the wrong thing on your blank is incorrect, though.

However, that is the LEAST of your problems here. The ONLY pro as far as I see is that the paychecks (sad as they usually are) are never late and a crappy paycheck is better than no paycheck. That said, here are some CONS:
1. Just got pay cuts and more sure to follow.
2. You will get "punished" if you have to send more than 5% to QA, no matter how awful the quality/horrible dictator, no matter if it's an account you have never seen...more than 5% and your pay is docked 3 cents a line.
3. Also, your pay will be placed on 100% QA and have your pay docked if your quality drops below 99%. Once again, no matter the quality, horrible dictator, etc.

All unfair and ridiculous standards, in my opinion, to get the FTers to quit so they won't have to pay unemployment and so they can send more work slowly but surely to India. They don't have the integrity to just lay us all off as they do this so we can collect unemployment while we look for other work. They do NOT want to pay unemployment. They actually won't be happy until we all agree to just do the work without pay. IMO

Question - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
When you say they dock your pay 3 cents a line, do you mean for all work done in that pay period?

That is horrible, in my opinion. I would really need to be hard up to work for a company like this (again just me and my personal opinion).

To anon re: pay docking - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, maybe someone who has had their pay docked can answer for what period of time, as it hasn't happened to me (yet knock wood).

However, just because it hasn't happened to me personally doesn't mean I don't think MQ doesn't STINK for it. I think they are taking their time targeting various MTs (IMO!!) so maybe my time will come. Even if it didn't, just the fact that they do chaps my hide. Yes, I am looking elsewhere, but the concensus seems to be the grass is the same ugly color green (ish) at most companies. Sigh.

I guess what it boils down to is picking a company that - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
is less evil than the rest. There are very few companies out there that anyone would call a good place to work. Wages are low everywhere and raises few and far between. Considering the options available and you had two or three offers to choose from say, MQ, Transcend or Nuance, which company would you go with?

My choice - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I went with Nuance but only because I got a GREAT shift and the benefits beat the heck out of where I was working. Basically their offer kicked the other 2 I had off the table.

All three companies you mention have bad reps on this board. It's hard to know the truth until you work there. Account assignments seem to be the key to success at any company (or the key to destruction).

If it doesn't work out, you can always try one of the others later.

All of this is my personal opinion, period.
MQ - finallyagoodone
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for MQ for 17 years and have seen my pay dwindle, finally 2 weeks ago I quit, staying with a company that I have been working for for 3-1/2 years PT. I was doing QA for MQ, tier III (8 cents transcription - which I rarely got, 6 cents SR and 3 cents QA - mostly did QA and SR), but can make more $ with this company than working for both combined, it was sad to leave, and yes, you ARE just a # MQ I have never had any issues with the quality of my work and was a loyal employee, never any type of disciplinary action, and basically my supervisor tried to get me to stay but what she wanted for me was not approved by her superiors. I just cannot afford to work for them any longer and am at a company that realizes I am not another #. I can make my own schedule and consider myself fortunate to have found them.

no actually I am not wrong - mecmt

[ In Reply To ..]
it happened to me last week..the job went to QA and when I received it back with the corrections it was 100%..then it was audited and the auditor changed what the QA put in the blank and it brought my score down. So ya it can happen

I'm sorry...I quit last week because it was horrible pay. nm - MTPockets

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Sitting here during my shift with No Jobs Available. - Making about

[ In Reply To ..]
$25,000 for the year full-time. You judge.

Work for MQ or not - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
In this field now there are no companies I believe that are paying what we are worth. I know I have worked for some companies that are much, much worse. There are good/bad in all situations/jobs. If you are looking for perfect you will never find that. Just see how you like it. You will hear all sorts of stories. Personally for me it has not been bad. I have a good CCM and good QA person so that helps a great deal. I have also learned that if you are disrespectful it cannot help you. If there is a perfect job out there I have not found it. You got hired and in this economy with the lack of jobs out there we are lucky that we can find employment even though it is not what it once was. Good luck.

Similar Messages:

Anyone That Tested With Opti-Script Hear Anything Back Yet?
Apr 16, 2012

Anyone that tested with Opti-Script hear anything back yet? ...

On Second Thought, Maybe We Need Our Old Coding Board Back
Apr 03, 2014

This is merely my opinion, but maybe we could have the original Coding/Medical Billing board back and another board for the MM coding trainees. I used to come here and get some great information/advice about coding. These days, if I want to find any useful information, I have to wade through way too many negative posts. Don't get me wrong, I wish the new coding students the absolute best of luck. I guess I just miss the old board. Oh and let the dislikes and negativity begin, I'm getti ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Anyone Who Tested For DTSOK heard Back?
Feb 15, 2013

Has anyone who tested for DTSOK heard back?  I tested for them 10 days ago and the website said applicants would hear back immediately if they did not pass or would be contacted by a recruiter within 72 hours.  ...

Has Anyone Applied/tested With Inscribe And Heard Back?
Dec 12, 2013

Has anyone applied/tested with Inscribe and heard back?  Thanks. ...

Has Anybody Tested For Alliance This Week And Heard Back? Nm
May 14, 2014

nm ...

Has Anyone Tested With M&D Scribing And Heard Back? Cant Find Any Info On Them. Nm
Jan 11, 2010

aaaa ...

Wondering If There Is A Typical Lag Time For Hearing Back Once You Have Tested.
Sep 25, 2012

Tough to decide who to test with these days, but having done so I don't want to just sit here forever waiting for a response that should have long since come indicating, therefore, that no response will be coming.  Any thoughts?  A week?  Less?  More? ...

Waiting For Help Desk Call Back.....
Oct 30, 2011

One hour so far.  Cannot log into Cornerstone.  No technician available. Waiting for call back.  With any kind of luck they will pay me for waiting all day...... ...

Waiting On A Call Back From Dept Of Labor
Oct 07, 2010

I would encourage everyone to call their local DOL about this issue. When we sit here for 20-30 minutes typing a job and lose it due to no fault of our own, we should be compensated for the time that we sat here.  I left a message for my local DOL, hopefully will get a call back, but it seems to me that constitutes not getting paid for hours worked, which is illegal.  If anyone else has checked into this, let me know. Thanks! ...

Two Great Interviews With Accentus STARTeam. Waiting, Waiting, Waiting...
May 10, 2012

I applied, tested for and passed for the Accentus STARTeam position.  I received a call from HR for the first interview and went on to a second interview with who would be my transcrition manager within hours of the first interview.  I was on the phone with her for over an hour.  She was very excited about my experience and told me I would be a great fit.  It was very clear that she thought I would be a valuable addition to her team and the interview went very, very well. &nb ...

I Have A Question About This Board. I Thought This
Dec 28, 2011

was a board to vent about/warn other MTs about certain companies.  Why then, when I warn everyone about DSG (stating what they did to me and because of them not getting food stamps) does it get deleted?  Does DSG own this board or do they just have a lot of pull for whatever reason?  I really have to wonder since I am not the only one they have done this to. ...

Anyone Hear Back From NOWTranscription?
Jan 25, 2011

~~ ...

Anyone Respond To OTI Ad And Hear Back?
Feb 08, 2011

Was just wondering if any of you submitted a response to their ad and heard back from them.  Thanks! ...

Did Anyone Hear Back From Advantec
Jun 28, 2011

Did anyone hear back from Advantec regarding the job posting posted last week?  ...

How Long To Hear Back From TTS
Jul 23, 2014

For those of you who work for TTS, how long did it take to hear something after the initial email with a list of questions?  I emailed the answers to those questions a few days ago.  ...

Lee Perfect - Anyone Hear Back?
Jan 29, 2015

Did anyone hear back from this company or get a job with them?  I know after searching the archives they have had a reputation of not paying in the past.  ...

How Long Does It Take To Hear Back On Holiday PTO?
Nov 18, 2009

Just curious if anyone has heard back from their CCM regarding holiday PTO.  With the big switch of from CTL back to CCM I am afraid that all my requests will go unanswered.  So what do you do when your PTO request (holiday or not ) is left sitting?  Do you take the day off anyway? ...

Encompass Or Probity-does Anybody Ever Hear Back From Them?!
Jan 15, 2010

I tested with both and know I did well (lots of experience with this stuff) but have heard nothing back from Probity and got a letter of interest from Encompass, which I responded to, then NADA. Has anyone actually been able to move forward recently with getting a job at either place?! I noticed the only real problem I've seen regarding Encompass in the archives is their inability to get back to people in a timely way and I am seeing that in action. Anybody? ...

Anyone Ever Hear Back From DTSOK After Applying?
Nov 17, 2010

Hi everyone, Anyone ever hear back from DTSOK after applying?  I tried 2 weeks ago, haven't heard a word.  Was not able to find much information on them.  Thanks for any information. ...

How Long To Hear Back After Applying
Feb 13, 2013

I applied for a hospital job (non-MT) about 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing yet.  I am just wondering how long I should wait to hear back.  This is not the only job I applied to, sending out resumes, but this is the one I wanted.  The job is still posted on their website, so presumably not filled yet.  Does it normally take this long or am I being unrealistic?  Should I just move on?  I want to move on, tired of waiting.  Just wondering if anybody else has a ...

Did Anyone Who Applied At AssistMed Hear Back From Them?
May 13, 2013

Did anyone who applied at AssistMed hear back from them?  Thank you. ...

Anyone Test For Breitner And Hear Back?
Sep 12, 2014

I took the test almost 2 weeks ago but have not heard anything.  Anyone hear back?  Maybe I failed?!?! ...

I Have Sent My Resumes To 10 Different Companies And Hear Back Nothing, Nada . . . . .
Apr 13, 2010

I have been doing MT for almost 15 years, and the one company I have been with for the past 9 years is suddenly getting less and less work.  I have been sending out resumes, taking the tests, etc., and I don't hear ONE THING BACK from any of them  . . . . so frustrating.  We are in the process of buying a new house and then this happens - I may have to take a job outside of home, but I wan't to be here for my kids:( ...

NJPR Hospital - Did Anyone Apply And Hear Back?
Aug 04, 2014

Just wondering if anyone has heard back about an interview, testing, etc?  Have the positions been filled. ...

Anyone Recently Apply At Medscribe (Florida One) And Ever Hear Back?
May 17, 2010

I need a job YESTERDAY.. and I have applied to so many places and actually did the testing with Medscribe twice but they cannot even get back to me one way or the other. I'm completely discouraged!!! ...

Ortho MT Needed Immediately Post-Anyone Hear Back?
Oct 28, 2010

I sent my resume for this position.  I am just curious who else did, and if you heard back from the person who placed the ad.  Thanks! :) ...

One Transcription Service - Did Anyone Apply And Hear Back From Them For The Weekend
Apr 17, 2014

n/m ...

Iridium. Anyone Hear Back After Passing Test And Signing HIPAA
Mar 02, 2010

Patiently waiting. ...

Shady Acres Radiology; Any Of The Chosen 23 Get An Interview Or Hear Back From Them
Sep 05, 2010

Back on August 22 or 23, there was a job posting for Shady Acres Radiology, and several people said they had received an Email from Shady Acres indicating that they had chosen 23 resumes, asked some computer questions, and if they would agree to a background check; and that Shady Acres would contact them within 7 to 10 days for an interview.   Did any of the lucky "chosen 23" hear back yet (their 10 days is up).   Whenever I see “background check” I expect the ...