A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How much time do you spend reading email? - sm

Posted: Jun 24, 2015

My QC sends out these extremely wordy emails several times a week.  I end up skimming them, for a couple reasons.  One, because I work on so many different accounts/hospital sites that I'm truly never going to retain any of the information anyway. Second, and most importantly, I DON'T GET PAID TO READ THEM! This can't be legal and has been bugging me forever.  Do they seriously think we get paid enough per line to "compensate" reading email?? What do you all do?

If its not in the CP, dont pertain to me. - File 13... garbage!

[ In Reply To ..]
I refuse to dig through pages and pages of emails looking for anything that pertains to "X" account for each report that pops up. When I did one account, I could keep track of their mess... not with 20 accounts!

Takes me long enough to mark them and delete - them..

[ In Reply To ..]
Their emails make about as much sense as their CPs do, none...Don't expect me to remember every little thing that every doctor does. Its not possible. You want it, put it in the CP..If I remember, I will, fix it, if not, oh well..

Exactly! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
When the QC sends emails pertaining to one specific dictator at a hospital, someone I may or may not get today, tomorrow, or in a week, what is the point of reading that?? What a waste of time! I remember the days, oh so long ago, when I had one account, many facilities within that account, but still, one account, this was understandable to receive this information regarding specific dictators. Now it's just silly!

Don't get enough to matter - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know if I should be worried or relieved (actually who am I kidding, I'm relieved, lol) that I don't get enough emails for it to matter. I get audits once a week sometimes not even then, backlog and TAT. That's it. No CP changes, no additions, no "don't do this on this account, but do it on this one," no "this doctor doesn't like this," no "it's Howdy Doody time." It's gotten to the point where I don't read them until I can't stand to see my inbox so full. lol

Similar Messages:

How Much Time Do You Spend On Demographics?
Apr 30, 2014

I have an account where the doctors never enter demographics. I'm spending 5 minutes on each report filling in demographics and cc's from doctors who only slur a last name.  Many partial doctor names need to be Googled.  If I do about 36 reports a day at 5 minutes each with demographic research then I'm spending 3 hours of my shift working for nothing!   How is it for the rest of you? ...

Why Do People Spend Time On This Board...
Mar 04, 2010

when you don't work for the "Q" ? Why do you care what is going on here?  I'm just curious.  ...

How Many Spend Considerable Time Correcting Demographic Errors?
Mar 21, 2013

I can't believe the number of errors entering the wrong demographics, apparently by the clients, that we have to research and clean up for zero pay! ...

Am I Reading The Email Right That Sm
Feb 23, 2011

CBay has now 81% of MQ holdings and by March 4, 2011, it could have 100% of Mq holdings?  Then they would own the whole company and then what?  I hope that is not what I am reading! ...

Anyone Having Problems With Reading Email On Mqcentral?nm
Oct 28, 2011

x ...

I Was Reading An Email This Morning And It Suddenly Disappeared!
Mar 13, 2015

It was about the client wasn't happy and the account was at risk, and yet, it showed every day for the week the percent quality score was above minimum. Some "critical" errors, but I'll bet they were mostly not following the client profile. Earlier there was an email stating that the client (a different one) wasn't happy and we were at risk of losing that account. Had to do with selecting the encounters correctly. Gee.... This happens every time they start throwing everyon ...

Sick Of Spending So Much Time Reading Emails, Printing New Client Profiles, Sm
Apr 26, 2013

waiting for work, trying to figure out the protocol for no work, trying to figure out remedy, remembering all the different passwords, wondering if my time card is correct because I clock in and out so much on a daily basis!  I have never, ever been no nitpicked to death.  I feel like an unpaid prisoner in my own home.  My printer right now is just about smokin because of all the crap I have to print just to remember all this garbage!  MM = MICROMANAGEMENT!!!!!  I do bel ...

First Time Right - CEO Email........my 2 Cents......
Mar 02, 2010

Okay, I read the email.  A lot of it sounds great, that is, that they are giving us some tools such as Benchmark to do our jobs.  I do like that.  However, the part that worries me is that they are going to be expecting everyone to submit 5% QA or less starting May 1.  Anything above that you get a pay reduction of 3 cents a line---did I read THAT right?   Now, this 5% may be possible for some with great accounts.  I do MOSTLY have decent accounts, at least until I ...

Email Me, It's Time To Band Together And Get Something Done Here!
Mar 09, 2012

Please email me privately and let's get the ball rolling here folks.  It's time to try and get everyone together, a very hard thing to do in this industry, so that our voices can be heard and let the powers that be know that we're not going to take this shame any longer! ...

Every Time I Get An Email About MT Week,
May 22, 2012

...I hear the greeting in Effie Trinket's voice.  "HAPPY HUNGER GAMES [I MEAN MT WEEK]!!1!" ...

Wait For It- Another Third Time Is The Charm Email To Hit
Jun 12, 2012

Oh the irony of this company.  2 lines per hour average for the last week.  Looks like they messed up the ASR statistics and the other statistics report.  Wait for it, they will send an apology email and make some sorry excuse.  Does anyone actually look at this reports or find any sort of purpose? ...

Why Does This Company Email Program Time Me Out?
Jul 26, 2012

I'll have the email program open and about 30 minutes or so later, it'll log me out.  What gives? ...

Your Favorite Waste Of Time Email?
Nov 12, 2012

As if we don't have enough BS to wade through and crap emails to read before trying to get a little money from them, I read an email that says "Here is a list of the previous MTIs that were renamed today."  Really?  Like that matters.  If I am going to spend my own time reading the emails that seem more like a trap on how they can keep from giving my my bonus, I would rather read a specific instruction....not that someone got paid to change the name of the instruction.  ...

Time Spent Waiting, Check Email, Etc
May 15, 2015

http://callaborlawblog.com/common-california-labor-code-violations/minimum-wage/employer-average-piece-rate-employees-compensation-order-satisfy-requirements-minimum-wage-laws/ ...

How Long Do YOU Spend On A Blank?...
Apr 30, 2010

One of the team leads sent an email out emphasiziing the importance of exhausting all resources before leaving a blank.  I feel like I do.  Just curious, how long do you think is an appropriate amount of time to spend researching a blank?  I say 3-5 minutes max.  After all, we are paid on production.  ...

Do You Spend 80% Of Your Life Worrying About Your Bad Job
Jun 13, 2015

It just seems to me that many MTs spend the majority of their lives worrying about the next bad thing that their employer is going to do to them. No solution. It just occurred to me that a lot of lives are gettng wasted hour by hour because of employer abuse or perceived employer abuse. Your choice. ...

I So Wish Every Person Above Me On The MM Totem Pole Would Spend A Day Doing My Job.
Mar 13, 2012

Doing ASR, I feel like I am typing backwards all day long. It's like when I was in typing class in high school backspacing to correct all the errors. This ASR makes me feel like I am taking 2 steps forwards, 5 steps backwards all day. It's so demotivating. ...

How Many Hours Did You Spend As An Andrews Student A Week?
Jun 10, 2015

Their website says students spend 15 to 30 hours a week on coding practice and reading assignments.  I know everyone is different, with different abilities and other responsibilities, etc. but I am just wondering how many hours some of you spent a week while being an Andrews student?  I am going to start soon and I am getting excited! ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Am I Reading This Right? - Sm
Mar 02, 2010

They are basically going to make the MT who sends work to QA pay the QA salary?  Is that even legal?  I've sucked it up for a long time now, living with the ASR pay cut, but there is no way I'm going to work for 1.5-3 cents per line!    Back in the ancient times of MQ, we had no QA.  We left a blank and put in a s/l.  We learned from reading tiny lines in big books because there also was no Google and no second ear.  Of course, the dictato ...

EEG Reading
May 27, 2010

Dictated:  "He felt the EEG was a ______ left frontal sharp theta, not stereotyped, not convincing, but could not exclude epileptic discharge." Sounds like "dist 2" or "disc 2" ?? Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance! ...

Reading
Jan 23, 2012

Gives me a headache. Welcome new COO, something something, synergy something leadership something blah blah blah blah blah.  Big starting bonus, I would wager. Happy Monday! ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

I Have Been Reading The Posts Below And Would Like To Say...
Nov 04, 2009

There are MT DIVAS and QA DIVAS... why couldn't the Lord have given me a voice like Whitney or Aretha, then I could have been a real DIVA and not worrying about making 7 cpl and paying house and car payments.  To be Mariah Carey wouldn't be bad either.  Which DIVA would you choose to be if you have the choice?  George Michael, Donna Summer?  I mean REAL DIVAS! ...

Re DSG: Reading The Archives And Saw Where
Nov 17, 2009

people were complaining of running out of work a lot.  Is that still a problem at DSG or is it better now? ...

C-spine MRI Reading
Mar 07, 2010

Sentence dictated as "She also has a small C5/6 {s/l DISS}."  He's really emphasizing the "ISS" sound. I know it would make sence for it to be disc, but the sentence sounds incomplete to me? I feel like there should be herniation or protrusion or bulging at the end of the sentence if it were "disc"?  Could the "diss" sounding word be short for something? Thank you!! ...