A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Email me, it's time to band together and get something done here! - bagelmom

Posted: Mar 09, 2012

Please email me privately and let's get the ball rolling here folks.  It's time to try and get everyone together, a very hard thing to do in this industry, so that our voices can be heard and let the powers that be know that we're not going to take this shame any longer!

you e-mail me - im not gonna try it, you try it

[ In Reply To ..]
Lets get Mikey

go check out the last "email me" brigade - collie

[ In Reply To ..]
I think there are 2 posts on FB. Not sure when y'all are going to figure out your outrage is a huge waste of energy. It is what it is. If you don't like that you can make other choices. Hospitals are not going to pay more for services period.

It's not about the hospitals.... - bagelmom

[ In Reply To ..]
It's about these big greedy companies and the fact that we're talking about people's lives here and the quality of their medical records.

you kid yourself - collie

[ In Reply To ..]
It is always about the money. Who foots the bill for transcription? Hospitals. Hospitals will not pay for premium service when they can get "good enough" service from most MTSOs and still get really good service from the small-to-mid-size services.

Kicking and screaming and threatening not to transcribe for a day or whatever inane idea-of-the-day comes across these pages is not going to change anything. You can't get MTs to agree on anything, never could, never will. The job has changed. You can't unchange it.

(and no I'm not a weak-minded woman willing to work for pennies, or an MTSO, or another other than an MT developing a back-up plan)

Hospitals are constantly looking to find ways to reduce overhead. - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
It's not as simple as "greedy companies." Healthcare costs have been steadily skyrocketing over the past decade. If a hospital can reduce their bottom line expenditures - they will. Nurses are overworked, MT departments are outsourced...the list of cost-saving meaures is lengthy.

Ok, you e-mailed me but I cannot respond.... - too afraid

[ In Reply To ..]
I have no idea who you are or why you want us to e-mail you. Why not post what your plans are and we can decide if we want to gamble our identities on this, or if it is just like every other "Im tired of this" club!

I think Occupy is going to get started again stronger - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Our best bet might be Occupy as they are going to come back stronger and more powerful for change once the weather warms up. It is an election year and there are no candidates that I want to vote for besides Rosanne Barr.

So how can we get involved? - bagelmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Any thoughts?

involved in what - occupy

[ In Reply To ..]
Go protest I guess
Occupy has been quiet of late, mainly because - sm - Meerkat
[ In Reply To ..]
the winter weather isn't conducive to having large turnouts at outdoor meetings and protest marches. Instead, lots has been going on indoors. Many leaders in the movement have been attending city/state meetings and forums on a local level. Lots of the focus currently is on home foreclosures, and trying to protect people whose homes were foreclosed on illegally. Also lots of discussions about recent new laws that were sneaked by most of the American people that gives the government a lot more leeway when it comes to plucking people off the streets and detaining them indefinitely.

Still, one of the main focuses is on the U.S. banking system, the stock market's shady practices, and big corporations basically running the country by paying off elected officials.

My support of the Occupy movement is mainly focused on separating Big Business from the Government. Until that happens, it'll be difficult to rein them in. Many of the things that would make life better not only for MTs, but for lots of workers, such as slowing offshoring by taxing companies for doing it, (and giving them tax breaks for NOT doing it), or requiring companies to provide a living wage and stop cheating their workers, etc., would be more likely to eventually come about if our elected officials weren't continually getting their palms greased by Big Biz.

Occupy is only in its infancy, and has a long, long way to go. Right now it's pretty much about ideas. LOTS of ideas. One of the most positive aspects of the movement is that lots and lots of progressive-thinking, well-educated, and SMART people are starting to talk to each other, share ideas, compare notes and experiences, and look for ways they can start to make a difference.

Whatever changes come about in the future likely won't start at the top; instead, lots of ideas and movements can begin small and grow on a local level. In some smaller towns, groups of people have blocked foreclosure evictions, and basically forced the lender to come up with a fair, workable solution so that the homeowners weren't thrown out on the street. Other towns have seen a need or an unfairness in their area that needed addressing, and addressed it. It can be done even without being 100% 'pro-Occupy'.

I like the fact that it encourages people to stop being led around by the nose by the Government, and to start grassroots movements to improve things locally, on a small, limited level. If something in particular catches on, whether it's a way to deal with each town's homeless population, or whatever, if one group of people comes up with a good model that's working well, successful and self-sustaining, others will likely jump on the bandwagon.

As for knowing what's going on within the movement in any given area, that's still not always easy to keep up with. I subscribed to Occupy Wall Street, Occupy Together, Occupy Oakland, and Occupy San Francisco, so I get updates on my Facebook page. Those all have websites, some are up-to-date, some are not. Twitter seems to be where a lot of the discussion is, these days, too. Ustream is a good way to eavesdrop on any local government functions that OWS independent journalists might be covering. There are also tutorials available on various websites as to how to start an Occupy group, no matter how small, in your town, and various issues that can be addressed.

Anyway, the movement isn't all protests and arrests. (That's only the fun part.. haha!) All kidding aside, most of the work, brainstorming, idea-sharing, meetings, emailing, Facebooking, Twittering, etc., is about finding immediate issues that need to be addressed, how to go about addressing them, who to talk to, what to do next, etc.

Tomorrow, for example, Occupy is teaming up with various other groups whose interest is women's rights (not just in the US, but globally), for International Women's Day. They plan to have meetings and a short march in San Francisco. Simply by showing up, (and paying through the nose to park somewhere!), and going for a nice walk through a beautiful city on a beautiful Saturday, one's mere presence helps to drive home a point to those watching.

Speaking of meeting needs, and of San Francisco, there's a place in the Hayes
Valley neighborhood of SF where an old, abandoned freeway offramp has been put to a far greater use. The offramp was damaged in the 1989 earthquake, and the route of that freeway has since been changed. Meanwhile, that old hillside offramp has been turned into an urban farm. Wheelbarrow by wheelbarrow, soil was brought in, and farming began. Now it's a very popular mid-town co-op farm that grows fresh food, flowers, etc.

That has nothing to do with OWS, but it's an example of the kind of smaller-scale things that can be done that help pave the way for a better, more cooperative, and stronger community of people.

How can we get involved - pookbina

[ In Reply To ..]
Frankly I think we should all sign and send a letter to President Obama, stating the abuses in the industry and what we are dealing with, the lowered line rates, the fudging expected on timesheets, etc. There needs to be some laws against some of this junk and we need to state that medical records accuracy and integrity are being jeopardized in the name of greed.

Occupy is all about cooperate greed. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Occupy is all about cooperate greed, job market instability, low pay, etc. Lots of Americans are tired of being treated not fairly and this is the group of Americans I hope can make a change. There are many ways to get involved. Google Occupy and find out what demonstrations may be taken place in your part of the woods.
Occupy M*Modal, Occupy TTS, Occupy - - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
it's not that hard. Make a sign. Stand somewhere. Take a pic. Alert the news media. Post your pics online. It's pretty easy. We can all post our pics of ourselves with our signs online.

Their record is quite impressive, however (sm) - Not an Occupier

[ In Reply To ..]
- 9 deaths, 5 found dead in tents, One found dead after 2 days
- 2 murders (Not counting the protester who strangled his parents and stuffed them in a car)
- Tens of millions of dollars in damages, layoffs, vandalism, law breaking
- Multiple Rapes
- Thousands of arrests
- Public masturbation
- Feces
- Child molestation and baby abuse

geez, what do you think happens every day? - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think your stats are accurate - but ask yourself, what happens all over the U.S. every single day?
Jus sayin, don't think I'd want to band together with the likes of these. - Not an Occupier
[ In Reply To ..]
Ugh

bagelmom, how you gonna fight a system like EPIC?? - anon4

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you not comprehend the scope of a system like that? Go google and see for yourself. Hospitals won't need but two or three transcribers in house to handle what little will need transcribing pretty soon now. In my town, all my former coworkers of years gone by have been let go.

Maybe a law should be passed that now hospitals - have to treat all MTs for free.

[ In Reply To ..]

treat all MTs for free? - what does that mean?

[ In Reply To ..]
??
free medical - exams, procedures, surgeries etc. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Sorry, but you're about 7-9 years too late. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
This has been a gradual industry-wide slide for years now. And there's not just one cause. There are about four of them.

You think you're gonna go up against EPIC? It costs $50 million, and hospital administration WILL get their money's worth out of it (off the skin of our backs). You'll be crushed.

The time to organize was years ago. Why we sat meekly by and kept on taking the beatings I'll never understand.

Same lyrics different tune. Have heard this repeatedly on these boards. - nothing comes of it nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Get the ball rolling... - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
you need to document abuses, and then you need to "match them up" with relevant law. Keep track of everything so when you file a complaint, you have the data. Or if not filing complaint, when you go to a news outlet, or what have you...gotta have the data. Just my opinion.

Similar Messages:

First Time Right - CEO Email........my 2 Cents......
Mar 02, 2010

Okay, I read the email.  A lot of it sounds great, that is, that they are giving us some tools such as Benchmark to do our jobs.  I do like that.  However, the part that worries me is that they are going to be expecting everyone to submit 5% QA or less starting May 1.  Anything above that you get a pay reduction of 3 cents a line---did I read THAT right?   Now, this 5% may be possible for some with great accounts.  I do MOSTLY have decent accounts, at least until I ...

Every Time I Get An Email About MT Week,
May 22, 2012

...I hear the greeting in Effie Trinket's voice.  "HAPPY HUNGER GAMES [I MEAN MT WEEK]!!1!" ...

Wait For It- Another Third Time Is The Charm Email To Hit
Jun 12, 2012

Oh the irony of this company.  2 lines per hour average for the last week.  Looks like they messed up the ASR statistics and the other statistics report.  Wait for it, they will send an apology email and make some sorry excuse.  Does anyone actually look at this reports or find any sort of purpose? ...

Why Does This Company Email Program Time Me Out?
Jul 26, 2012

I'll have the email program open and about 30 minutes or so later, it'll log me out.  What gives? ...

Your Favorite Waste Of Time Email?
Nov 12, 2012

As if we don't have enough BS to wade through and crap emails to read before trying to get a little money from them, I read an email that says "Here is a list of the previous MTIs that were renamed today."  Really?  Like that matters.  If I am going to spend my own time reading the emails that seem more like a trap on how they can keep from giving my my bonus, I would rather read a specific instruction....not that someone got paid to change the name of the instruction.  ...

How Much Time Do You Spend Reading Email?
Jun 24, 2015

My QC sends out these extremely wordy emails several times a week.  I end up skimming them, for a couple reasons.  One, because I work on so many different accounts/hospital sites that I'm truly never going to retain any of the information anyway. Second, and most importantly, I DON'T GET PAID TO READ THEM! This can't be legal and has been bugging me forever.  Do they seriously think we get paid enough per line to "compensate" reading email?? What do you all do? ...

Time Spent Waiting, Check Email, Etc
May 15, 2015

http://callaborlawblog.com/common-california-labor-code-violations/minimum-wage/employer-average-piece-rate-employees-compensation-order-satisfy-requirements-minimum-wage-laws/ ...

Lap Band
Nov 04, 2010

Have there been "knock-offs" of the LAP-BAND?  What is the correct way to type this when all that is said is "lap band?" ...

Loo Band???
Jan 23, 2012

Operative report. The sentence is as follows "The subcutaneous tissue (s/l fully on a loo bang) application. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP??????????? ...

Leg Band Discrepency?
Oct 12, 2009

He currently ambulates with the assistance of a cane and a leg "bend" discrepancy from the initial accident where he has been treated with a leg lift prosthetic device in his shoe   Leg bend ? Leg band? Any help? Thanks! ...

Swrent ?? (iliotibial Band)
Jan 29, 2012

"The foot was abducted, and a *swrent* was placed in the iliotibial band over the greater trochanter." What could the sound-alike "swrent" be?? Thanks!! ...

S/l Dressing With Colband Or Coke Band
Oct 16, 2009

Appropriate dressing with cokeband is applied ...

Lateral Decompression With S/l Elip-ti-si-zation Of The Iliotibial Band Over The Greater Trochanter
Mar 22, 2015

to decrease the liklihood of trochanteric bursitis.   TIA ...

Grade 2 Systolic Murmur Heard Over "aortic Band" Area.
Apr 28, 2011

:) ...

Surgical Note - S/l "eye-a-band" - Ioband? Iaband? Iyaband?
Nov 08, 2011

This is in a hip adduction surgery.  ...

PMH - Significant Tear With Her First Child S/l "het Or Hep" Band ?? See Msg
Jun 13, 2011

PMH :  Significant tear with first child s/l hep or het band? No other info given.  Thanks! ...

Lab Value CBC, S/l "IT Band Ratio" Neonatology Nm
Nov 06, 2013

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Trying To Email 360 Transcription With Their Email
Mar 23, 2015

and it says there is no such address.  Anyone else having trouble like that? ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

Overtime Because Of The Time Clock Time Zone Change?
Feb 06, 2011

It has been inconvenient, and maybe a bit confusing at times, to check my time card hours for my shift as, because of my time zone, part of my hours show up on the next day because I work 2nd shift. I wonder if I will get overtime for yesterday, even though I did not work overtime. I had to start work several hours early because of maintenance, so all hours were completed before the hour my hours start showing up on the next day. Fine. But the last couple hours of yesterday show up as today, ...