A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

First Time Right - CEO email........my 2 cents...... - Kiki

Posted: Mar 02, 2010

Okay, I read the email.  A lot of it sounds great, that is, that they are giving us some tools such as Benchmark to do our jobs.  I do like that.  However, the part that worries me is that they are going to be expecting everyone to submit 5% QA or less starting May 1.  Anything above that you get a pay reduction of 3 cents a line---did I read THAT right?   Now, this 5% may be possible for some with great accounts.  I do MOSTLY have decent accounts, at least until I start having to dip into the cesspool.  Last I heard, I had a 7-10% submission rate (if cesspool probably jumps to 20% or more at times). What about those who have consistently crappy dictators (which can be any of us starting at any time even if we think we have okay ones now).............so think about that...........

They say we will have to specifically route a report to QA.  Isn't that what we do already? 

IF, and ONLY IF, they allow us to leave our own blanks...and I mean __________ not QA marker, will this even begin to be fair or reasonable.  And how many blanks can we use before it must go to QA?  Are they going to trust us or accuse us of leaving "unexcused blanks" and then dock us for that?  Many times if I could leave 1 or 2 blanks I could sent the report through w/o QA.  

This new "plan" has to potential to be a decent thing or a train wreck............ time will tell. 

I agree! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I also do IC work and have never had QA to go over my work or answer questions. I've always been told just to leave a blank and the doctor's office(usually the Dr.)figures it out.

I honestly think the more reports that get sent back with blanks, the better these dictators will ultimately become. They will eventually get tired of filling in the blanks.

Also, I don't think they will be able to "charge" MTs for all reports sent to QA. They would have a very hard time legally justifying that if QA also can't figure out the blanks. This is going to be a very sticky area for MQ to navigate through to make sure they don't get taken to court over the unfilled blanks with charging the MT for QA submission.

we shouldn't have to pay for the ones QA can't figure out - JERKS!!! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

NOBODY should get penalized for a dictator who can't speak - right.

[ In Reply To ..]
THis is a STUPID idea my MQ all the way around!

trainwreck - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I hear it coming. I don't see this working long-term over all. Too many variables.

Kiki...look at the bright side...every day is MT day! LOL

Hahahaha, MT Day... I saw that...and laughed. - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

If You Thought 8 Cents Was Bad, 6 Cents/line Is Downright Insulting
Apr 13, 2010

RE:  Posting on the job seekers board.   ....especially for something like psych where you can't make as many big normals like you would be able to do with other specialities. I would have liked to work some extra on some psych accounts, but that pay is just disgusting. ...

Email Me, It's Time To Band Together And Get Something Done Here!
Mar 09, 2012

Please email me privately and let's get the ball rolling here folks.  It's time to try and get everyone together, a very hard thing to do in this industry, so that our voices can be heard and let the powers that be know that we're not going to take this shame any longer! ...

Every Time I Get An Email About MT Week,
May 22, 2012

...I hear the greeting in Effie Trinket's voice.  "HAPPY HUNGER GAMES [I MEAN MT WEEK]!!1!" ...

Wait For It- Another Third Time Is The Charm Email To Hit
Jun 12, 2012

Oh the irony of this company.  2 lines per hour average for the last week.  Looks like they messed up the ASR statistics and the other statistics report.  Wait for it, they will send an apology email and make some sorry excuse.  Does anyone actually look at this reports or find any sort of purpose? ...

Why Does This Company Email Program Time Me Out?
Jul 26, 2012

I'll have the email program open and about 30 minutes or so later, it'll log me out.  What gives? ...

Your Favorite Waste Of Time Email?
Nov 12, 2012

As if we don't have enough BS to wade through and crap emails to read before trying to get a little money from them, I read an email that says "Here is a list of the previous MTIs that were renamed today."  Really?  Like that matters.  If I am going to spend my own time reading the emails that seem more like a trap on how they can keep from giving my my bonus, I would rather read a specific instruction....not that someone got paid to change the name of the instruction.  ...

How Much Time Do You Spend Reading Email?
Jun 24, 2015

My QC sends out these extremely wordy emails several times a week.  I end up skimming them, for a couple reasons.  One, because I work on so many different accounts/hospital sites that I'm truly never going to retain any of the information anyway. Second, and most importantly, I DON'T GET PAID TO READ THEM! This can't be legal and has been bugging me forever.  Do they seriously think we get paid enough per line to "compensate" reading email?? What do you all do? ...

Time Spent Waiting, Check Email, Etc
May 15, 2015

http://callaborlawblog.com/common-california-labor-code-violations/minimum-wage/employer-average-piece-rate-employees-compensation-order-satisfy-requirements-minimum-wage-laws/ ...

10 Cents A Line For Transcription And 5-6 Cents A Line For VRE?
Mar 19, 2015

Are there any companies out there that pay at least 10 cents a line for transcription and 5-6 cents a line for VRE? This career is not what it used to be!  ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

What Can You Buy For 3 Cents?
Mar 25, 2010

An American Medical Transcriptionist. But I can't think of anything else. ...

10.5 Cents Or More?
Feb 13, 2012

would like to leave MMODAL, but don't know where I can get transcription pay of over 10.5 CPL.  Before pay cuts, was getting over 12 cpl.  Know of any such MTSO or other places?  Otherwise, will just stick with MMODAL! ...

.72 Cents
Nov 21, 2012

I find myself in a standstill frozen staring at the screen when a 13.8666667 minute long report shows in ASR queue and my compensation is a measily 72 cents.  ijs ...

TTS VR--3 Cpl..just To Add My 2 Cents.
May 05, 2013

FYI. ...

8 Cents
Jun 16, 2015

Has anyone ever worked for TransRight USA, and about how much per hour is 8 cents per 65 characters?  Thanks.  I'm only used to getting paid hourly. ...

Anyone Get Clarification On The 3 Cents? Sm
Mar 09, 2010

anyone get clarification on the 3 cents a line we will be getting for ALL reports over 10% and later 5% or just 3 cents less a line for only the reports that get sent to QA?  Anyone know? ...

How Is 5 Cents A Line For QA?
Aug 18, 2010

I've been offered 5 cents to QA, I used to QA hourly but I've come to realize hourly isn't offered much anymore.  I'm getting carpal tunnel, which is quite painful, and I'd love to type less and still make money.  Is this rate too low??  I'd also be independent contractor, but I don't mind IC.  ...

Cents Per Line
Aug 29, 2010

Were you recently employed by Medquist, OSi or Transcend?  What is your rate per line?  How many previous years of MT experience?  Where do you live? ...

6 Cents A Line??
Oct 19, 2010

Surely they jest!! ...

0.375 Cents Per Line
Feb 23, 2012

Why not just ask for volunteers and be done with it? ...

6 Cents A Line!!!
Mar 28, 2013

Why don't we just transcribe for free and get a charity deduction!!!  LOL  It just keeps getting worse and worse.  So depressing. ...

My 2-cents Worth
Dec 01, 2014

I would put my 2 cents worth in about how I feel about work today, but then I didn't make that much, so....I guess I'll have to wait until I can rub 2 of them together.  We are all in the same boat, so we just have to keep paddling as best we can!  Praying for all of us! ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

VR Do Not Accept 3 Cents!!! People
Dec 03, 2009

MTs out there..do not accept a job for VR on 3 cents a line. These companies are trying to rake you over the coals!   The benchmark was set by Escription at 4 cents a line when they came out with the software and now these companies are trying to lower the bar!!  Do not accept this!  These are the companies that offered 7 cents a line for straight typing instead of 9 or 10.  ...

Landmark Transcription Just My 2 Cents
Jun 21, 2010

I find it interesting that this posted at all, as when I was there starting part-time to consider full-time, supposedly my acct was "terminated" without notice. Now they suddenly have work?  I don't know....kind of puts the gut on alert IMO.  Just my 2 cents. ...

Job Offers: 0.04 / 0.05 Cents Per Line
Jul 30, 2010

Hello all.. this will be my first real job.. I've applied at several places, taken the tests, sent in resumes... and now I'm getting calls with job offers. These people are company owners who sound very nice and legitimate, but what I'm being offered sounds pretty low.  The first company says: 0.04 cents per line, and the second one says they pay 0.05 cents.  The second company says they pay by the "byte" rather than by the line.  You take the total number of bytes ...

QA Rate 3.5 Cents Per Line??
Sep 25, 2010

It is just me or is 3.5 cents per line for quality assurance editing sound like a very low rate of pay, or is that the norm now a days? ...