A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

anyone read shaw's new newsletter tips - anon

Posted: Mar 21, 2014

Eye on quality?? Wow..so informative..not! How about an eye on paying professional MT's a decent wage, what about that Shaw??? You get what you pay for

or keeping an eye on their business! - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
Chapter 11, anyone?

shaw-pshaw - I got your tip

[ In Reply To ..]
right here.

Similar Messages:

Newsletter
Oct 15, 2009

Is anybody getting newsletters?  I applied since I had changed my e-mail, but none yet in 2 weeks. ...

MQ Newsletter
Feb 09, 2010

What ever happened to the MQ newsletter?  Cost too much $$ in postage to mail it? ...

Softscript Newsletter
Dec 05, 2012

hear they are reviving their newsletter again?  how many times has that sorry newsletter died and been brought back to life. all in the name of allowing their MT worker bees to communicate. communicate what. with who. just the crazy power trippers blowing their snot out all over the people actually doing the work. hear one of the pretty boys is accepting submissions. submissions of what everyone asks. better get them in quick. ...

Recent Newsletter
Mar 01, 2014

So, we're supposed to see some positive changes in the fall according to the latest newsletter. Does anyone think this corresponds to the next roll-out of Obamacare and whatever the latest law may be at that time with regard to the employer mandate? Will our pay go up or down and not really change at all based on whatever happens with Obamacare? It would be so great if everything could be on the up and up with this company. ...

Newsletter On Enrich
Aug 26, 2014

I read some posts below and even see another MT asking this same question about changes coming in October ranging from pay scale changes to QA discipline, etc.  Can you please tell me where I can find these newsletters so I can read them.  I looked in Enrich as well, but cannot find any current newsletters.   Thanks very much! ...

Quarterly Newsletter From Nuance...Top 4 Producers
Oct 11, 2013

Who else read the newsletter with the top 4 producers?  What a joke. Nobody can type that much without cherry picking or having a friend on the inside sending you the good stuff. Same ol people as the top producers. I don't think they realize we aren't stupid. ...

Shaw Tip
Aug 06, 2013

Another useless tip. ...

OK Shaw...
Sep 03, 2013

"productivity tips"  have finally jumped the shark.  I think most of us who have been doing this job for more than about a week understand that keeping a neat desk and not checking feedback while working are conducive to productivity.  Here's a tip for you: Treat highly skilled and knowledgable workers like valued assets who are able to make choices and decisions on their own, not like robotic drones who have no clue how to get work accomplished.  Otherwise spare us the ...

Another E-mail From Shaw
Jul 17, 2013

I have a feeling MM is the new Nuance.  Shaw is the screw-tightener... ...

Shaw's Tip Number 1.
Aug 04, 2013

One of his tips was: Try something new - Exchange your foot pedal for a keyboard shortcut to toggle your audio! Hmmmm... I don't find a keyboard shortcut to toggle the audio on and off. I only know/find the shortcuts for toggling speed and for toggling tone. I have checked F1. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the audio on/off toggle keyboard shortcut is? I really doubt there is one. Double checking for confirmation. Thanks ...

New Message From Shaw
Aug 13, 2013

available on Intranet.  Changing from 15 down to 6 minutes wait time. ...

S/l Shaw Feed
Oct 10, 2013

s/l shaw feed.  patient first fed via shaw feed, any ideas?  Never heard this one before. ...

What? Shaw Is Leaving Us?
Mar 04, 2015

a "Senior Vice President of Coding Solutions" as well as a whole host of other suit promotions and departures. ...

I Find It Sad That When I Hear Dr. S/l Shaw
May 05, 2013

Typo In Shaw's Email
Sep 12, 2013

Perhaps Shaw should have one of us working for him so he doesn't send out "important" emails like taking everything away from everybody with a typo!!  "You will receive an FAQ document in a separate email to help answer questions you may have."    ...

Shaw Failed His Audit
Sep 17, 2013

Sent out tip number 10 but inserted tip number 9!!!  Too bad we cant take away their bonuses, hey?  Oops... you are now in performance management shaw.  You pay is cut in half and you will now be micromanaged until you poke your own eyes out. Now get to work!!! Mandatory OT for you.  ...

I Love Shaw's New Tip!! So Informative
Nov 19, 2013

Need for speed.  Really love that one.  I can tell Shaw has transcribed multiple times before. ha ha ...

Shaw's E Mails Literally Crack Me Up!
Jul 23, 2013

These stupid tips he gives in his e mails. Has he ever transcribed a day in his life?? My guess..no! ...

I Wish Shaw Could Be Working My Shift Today.
Aug 29, 2013

I have worked so hard all day, have next to nil inactive time, and still, barely the minimum line count. I would especially like him to do the last report with the horrible scratchy sound with the doctor alternatively blasting out my ears and not talking into the phone, and the horrible output. Ha, ha - spend a day in our shoes. What a challenge :) I doubt he is up for the challenge, though. ...

Hey Shaw, Guess What My Mentor Said After Shadowing Me?
Sep 17, 2013

She said, "retype more". She had nothing else to say after watching me work. I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts, but I can still mouse faster. The secret to being fast on the mouse is learning to use it on the left side of the keyboard so you don't have to reach back and forth past the number pad. It's only mere inches when it is on the left side. I have never found a way to Ctl Alt I with all my fingers on the keys. Again Shaw, spend a day (or better yet, a week) in our sho ...

What Does SHDA And HDS Stand For In Shaw's E Mail?
Sep 20, 2013

I don't understand why we need all these new abbreviations for titles.  ...

Anyone Have Email Address For King Shaw?
Dec 28, 2013

I am looking for an Mmodal email address for Shaw.  They seem to hide his email like a snake hides in the grass...hmm.... I would like to ask him about ASR and why each time they "upgrade" it, the system gets worse and worse.  I am also going to petition him for our line rates to be increased as this system does not do what he said it was intended to do - make our jobs easier.  The whole reason our pay was cut was because he thought we were making too much money with the new and e ...

Oh Goody, Shaw Has A New Productivity Tracking Tool For Us.
Jul 12, 2013

Whatever my count is, too bad. With the sorry excuse for ASR that we given to edit, let the chips lay where they might. Whatever my line count is, I am doing the best I can - as confirmed by the fact I have next to no nonproductive time showing on my statistics. ...

Tips
Mar 23, 2010

Anyone got tips on pacing themselves or how to make things go smoother.  I am a new MT and really want to do well since I left a good job to work from home, as it was a dream of mine.  I realize that patient is a virtue.  Something that I would like to possess more of. I am setting up my shortcuts, and feel like I am working my fingers to the bone, and not getting anywhere.  Any tips and advice on things that will help me move right along will be much helpful.  ...

MQ DQS ASR Tips
Jul 15, 2011

Been tracking my work for the last couple of years on ASR, am able to calculate my paycheck usually within a dollar of what it should be upon deposit into my account, and thought I'd share some tips I've learned from ASR: Keep your fingers on the keyboard. Anyone who says they are bored doing ASR isn't doing it right. It is just as challenging as typing, even more so because of the concentration required. It is much like playing the piano in that one's fingers are always mov ...

ASR Tips Revisited
Jan 28, 2010

Have read through numerous tips on this board on how to increase productivity (TY), but for the life of me can't seem to make much progress. There is one HUGE hurdle that slows me down terribly. At the very beginning of dictation, where the dictating physician says all the mumbo jumbo that should not be in a report - ADT info - we are to place a skip marker (and as far as my experience, it doesn't make much sense to place any more unless there is a blatant gap where none of the garbage ...

Burnout: Any Tips To Get Over It? Sm
Jan 31, 2010

I have been an MT for 13 years and lately I have been suffering from severe burnout.  I need the money so badly!!!  But it seems impossible to stay focused on my work.  Sometimes sitting down transcribing is nearly impossible - feels like trying to swallow bad cough medicine or something!  I have tried putting up pictures of reasons I need to be focusing and typing and have tried challenging myself with line counts, etc.  I just dont seem to be able to do it.  ...

Tips For Success With VR
May 14, 2010

Learning to use VR can be accomplished by any MT who has solid MT skills and is knowledgeable about their work.  I do not believe newbies or grads within their first 2 years should be using VR without QA backup (just my opinion). 1.  You have to want to learn to use it effectively.  If you try to do it kicking and screaming, being obstinant, you simply will hinder your learning curve and depth significantly.  2.  It takes time.  You will not learn it overnight.&nb ...

Any Tips About Proofreading
Jul 26, 2010

Any tips about proofreading? I am an MT intern consistently getting high 90s for grades in Acute Care but 99% is required to pass the program.   Tps for perfecting MT proofreading would be appreciated. I seem to make dumb mistakes and just  don't see them when I proofread.   Maple Grandma ...

What Are Your Production Tips?
May 15, 2011

I know that everyone says there is no money in VR, but sometimes you have to take the job you are given and be thankful for that. The account I am working on is 99% VR.  I was wondering if anyone had any tips on being productive.  For example, do you look at your report first and fix any obvious errors and then listen to the dictation or do you just jump right in with the dictation and do it all then?  Currently, I make about 5cpl for VR, which compared to some quotes I have rea ...