A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

anyone else receive a performance mentor?? - ??

Posted: Apr 12, 2012

:)

No, but with the day I'm having I wouldn't be - surprised if they thought I

[ In Reply To ..]
needed one. This has been the day from H-E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS for me.

I'm afraid to check my line count. I usually do pretty well, but with getting kicked out of DocQscribe an hour into my shift and losing a completed report, followed by getting a lengthy difficult dictator...well now I'm ready for a Xanax and a glass of wine.

How did they determine you needed that? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
?

well, I used to be a good employee... - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
but not anymore. I used to get good audits, work all my hours, and have a very good line count. Now I still get decent audits, but don't always get in enough hours, and I usually only get the minimum lines in. After years of praises without any raises, I have no motivation. No performance mentor is going to change it. I don't care anymore. I feel like I have been taken advantage of for so long. Either they will fire me or accept my working on my own terms. That choice is theirs to make. A performance mentor is not going to fix things or me!

May I ask why you dont always get in enough - hours?

[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like they think you need a mentor because you have resorted to only doing the minimal lines, but what about not getting in enough hours? Is that your choice?
things happen and this job is just not the priority anymore - but I am usually fairly close on hours
[ In Reply To ..]
x
No offense, but they must really like you because - I thought not workin your
[ In Reply To ..]
Scheduled hours was grounds for termination. Maybe you should tell them why you have changed your working habits instead of letting them think you need a performance mentor.
actually i think they love me because i'm the lowest paid tier 3 MT - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
lowest paid Tier 3 MT - kcmt
[ In Reply To ..]
I am right there with you. I am not making anywhere near the maximum rate for Tier 3, and I have more than a few years' experience. I have continuously passed my audits with flying colors.

I used to be able to do about 200 lines/hour. However, now I struggle to get 150 lines/hour on 99% ASR. My work habits have not changed. Admittedly, if the phone rings, I answer it. If nature calls, I answer.

I don't think it's any of us who need a mentor. I think they need to have a select few MTs retrain ASR correctly and not allow any changes to be made from the ESL MTs.

My 2 cents.
Ditto -- right there with you - 200 lph before, now struggle
[ In Reply To ..]
with 150 at 60% pay because of listening, correcting, and relistening.
An answer may be in your minimum-lines production. - The company is making minimal profit
[ In Reply To ..]
from you. After all, cost per employee will be the same for each person, but the amount of profit each earns for the company will vary according to production. I'm sure they think boosting your production would be a win-win for both you and them.

BTW, if this doesn't create additional income from someone qualifying for full benefits by routinely generating the minimum required lines, the next step may well be replacing her or him.
I hear you. - Silly Sue
[ In Reply To ..]
Me too.
Performance management: Because whipping is illegal - MModal Livestock
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm very surprised you weren't just fired. I always thought that's what happened when you didn't meet your hours. I personally have little use for measurements of time, but MM is crazy about it.

Anyway, I'm not trying to tell you what's going on in your own head, so I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I worry that you sound really depressed. I've always struggled with depression and anxiety myself and once had a nervous breakdown (partly because of MQ), so maybe I'm just seeing myself in somebody else and if so I apologize. It was very embarrassing for me at the time because I believed that everyone else in the world had it together and I was the failure. For a long time, I couldn't care about anything, even my basic needs like money or eating. I eventually worked my through it, but it took a while.

MM can be a very hostile work environment and it can break the best of us, especially when combined with stress in life. I hope you're just having fun toying with the company, but if you are depressed I hope you take care of yourself. Your health, physical and mental, is way more important than MM's profits (or lack thereof).

Best of luck either way!
Livestock may be on to something - She may - very well be depressed because of her pay.
[ In Reply To ..]
and it sounds like because of it, has given up.
You just summed up the last 7 months of my life - SBH
[ In Reply To ..]
Even my husband has commented on how I never smile anymore. I have felt like such a failure and a disappointment to myslef. I don't care anymore about myself... I even went 6 months without a haircut and (dye), because I felt like I didn't deserve it because I could not afford it. I think I too am starting to turn it around though, I even got my haircut yesterday. I am feeling very the last week. I a hoping to maintain the positivity.
Yep I know the pain. Feeling worthless is way - worse than making no money
[ In Reply To ..]
This has slapped my self-esteem right out of my body. I am not even the same person I was 10 years ago.
I became so depressed, I had to increase my SSRI - dose. (sm) - Meerkat
[ In Reply To ..]
Did it increase my production, or my accuracy? NO.

Did it increase my pay? NO.

But at least now I feel better, and it's a lot easier to just not give a ____.
Well SSRIs seem to have that effect on people - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that "I dont give ****" type of nonchalant thing.

Trust me, I know been on them on and off for about 15yrs. It's about the only way I maintain my sanity and I am not afraid to admit it.

I still focus alright and have feelings, but if I had to face half the things in life that I have had to deal with without them, I would be in the nut house.
I had no money for doctor appt so I am off the SSRI and GLAD - MT24
[ In Reply To ..]
I was put on Paxil because of a bad marriage. Doc said once I was out of the marriage, I could get off the meds. After separation and divorce, 1 income, and in this field I went broke and they upped the SSRI and put me on Paxil, Cymbalta and Xanax. What a cocktail. I cared about nothing. I feared nothing. It was BAD. At one point, I got off the Cymbalta b/c it made me hallucinate. That was a good thing. Then, the doc refused to keep me on Xanax b/c they are cracking down on those kinds of drugs here in my state and I was sad, but was okay it was gone. I took melatonin. But it all hit the fan when my doc refused to extend my prescription without an office visit on the Paxil. I couldn't afford the office visit, and the rent and food and had to choose. I kept putting off the visit and as the weeks went by went through BAD withdrawal from that poison. Mind zaps, vomiting. But you know what? As I got off of it and the days went by I started to CARE again. I started to feel again. I was no longer anxious (the stuff made me anxious and depressed). The husband was gone, the bad marriage was gone and one day the brain zaps and numbing was gone. I had my life back! Now I am back to my higher line counts which I had not had in years. My self-esteem is boosted b/c I realized how numbing myself was way wrong. I needed it during a bad time, but not for my whole life. That is my experience. I just say take these drugs with care, knowing they are addictive and the side effects can be severe. Perhaps they feed into our depression and anxiety sometimes. I lost myself and did not realize it was the drugs. Now I am happy to say though I need melatonin to keep my teeth from gritting as I type/edit, I am able to think clearly with goals as I did in the old days and for the first time I can feel again. Just IMHO. Thanks for listening.

Right there with ya - Depressed as well

[ In Reply To ..]
When they made the first few pay cuts, I pushed myself harder and made myself go faster and faster and faster to try to make up for the pay cuts. The last straw was when they cut the shift differential right before Christmas in 2010. I just totally lost interest. My pay has plummeted, but I don't care. I just flat don't care anymore. I work just enough to get my hours in and keep above the 150 lph mark. I wish I could find another job, but I'm 58 and live in the boonies. Just bought a new (to me) house in 2005 right before the first pay cut. Now about to lose my house as well as my sanity.
Some of these stories bring tears to my eyes. - see msg
[ In Reply To ..]
Especially when I read about the older women, like the one above who is 58 and 7yrs away from retiring.

If they only knew what these VR line rates were doing to people, its just sad.

I dont know how much it would help, but they say they have an employee assistance program. I would tell them that their cuts in pay have put me in jeopardy of losing my home and seriously ask them, what they can do about it.

Their mouths might hit the floor, but I'm for real, I would do it. Let them know what they have reduced you to.
Very sad, but do they know? - Callie
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree--it is very sad to read how some of our fellow MTs are suffering from all the changes in our field. Even if we personally aren't in danger of losing our homes, per se, I know many, many have suffered in some way or other because of all this.

I doubt very seriously, though, that the powers that be DON'T know what these VR lines rates are doing to people. They HAVE TO know. That's what makes it all the more despicable. Shame on all of them.
Thats why I told her I would make it a point to - tell them, their pay cuts have
[ In Reply To ..]
put me in jeopardy of losing my home and then ask them what can they do about it? Either give me more money, or give me some employee assistance.

I am just bold like that. I tell them how I feel and how it has affected me and my livlihood and guess what? I dont make 4cpl anymore.
what's employee assistance? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
It's on their intranet page, I would have to be - on there to tell you exactly but
[ In Reply To ..]
from previous experience when I worked at a hospital they had an employee assistant program and they helped with all sorts of stuff, bills, groceries, gas for your car, counseling.

My assumption is thats what it is at MM or something like it.
Callie - Are you saying
[ In Reply To ..]
you did this? You said something to employee assistance and got a raise?

No, I have never recieved employee assistance - from M*Modal, but I have seen
[ In Reply To ..]
it on the intranet. Many years ago when I worked for a hospital they had one and I had gotten into a bind and they helped me.

Lots of places have employee assistance programs, maybe not many MTSOs, but they are not uncommon.
Wrong person... - Callie
[ In Reply To ..]
Just wanted to say, no....I'm not the one who made that comment. It looks like it was the poster right after me, but you've probably already figured that out. :-)

I see some others here have commented on the employee assistance question.

My heart goes out to those who are losing their house, their car, their security. To me, it's almost worse that our livelihoods have gone drip, drip, drip instead of a sudden, painless death. It's cruel.

Good luck, everyone.
Definitely agree - MModal Livestock
[ In Reply To ..]
They know full well. They have their justifications so they can live with themselves. Things like, "The company can't afford to because of the economy." Really, the bubble burst 10 years ago? Doesn't seem that long ago...

Or my personal favorite "Executives make more money because they are worth it." That one is such a joke. I fully accept that there are people who are smarter, stronger, faster, harder working, etc. A decent percentage of the human population even. But our Dear Leader Vern makes 20 times what I do in pay alone (not too mention bonuses and benefits). I have a hard time believing that you would have to make 20 clones of me or anyone to fill his shoes. That's a ridiculous image when you think about it.

They know what they did, they could fix it and they don't care. Greed has replaced ethics and wealth has replaced hard work. I wish it was only MModal, but this country is where it is now because of a culture of greed and ambition.

On the bright side, every rich person I ever knew was miserable. I know it's a cliche, but at least in my own experience the richer a person gets the more hollow and empty their existence becomes. It has to be hard throwing 90% of the population under the bus for your own personal enrichment.
Haven't lost house, but I gave up my car since - I work at home and
[ In Reply To ..]
"don't need it" to save money (also gave up eating out, buying new clothes, vacations. . . . )

performance mentor - Baglady

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I got one, and I feel the same way. Not going to help and not necessary.

Performance mentor - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
They have now assigned me a performance mentor to increase my line count.

Didn't get a performance mentor yet but can - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
you refuse having a mentor? I certainly don't want one!

I was told you cannot refuse... mandatory - and,

[ In Reply To ..]
they spent a lot of time and money on this so be appreciative! I know, you are wondering why would they spend money on trying to make us work harder, faster, like a robot, instead of fixing the crap that they make us work with.

Because that was not discussed in - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
business school, and there's no box on their "metrics" for it, LOL... It's a joke. I would love to take control for a while & weed out all the unnecessary management and red tape.

If I ever have to get shadowed or whatever, I'm outta here. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've had enough of the spying and micromanaging. Let us do our job, leave us alone, and quit wasting money on these idiotic ideas & positions!!! We produce the product that creates revenue. Pay us what we're worth rather than wasting money on all these silly corporate ideas!

I'm getting the same thing at a different company. - Whatever floats their boat! - (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
I know they're just fishing for a reason to fire me, so they can hire 2 Indians to take my place, and another 3 editors to fix their work. Whatever. They think trying to starve me out is gonna make me quit. They better think again. I'm holding out for termination, so I can collect my 99 weeks of UE, which will come out of THEIR pockets. (In my state, you still get UE if you've been fired, and they KNOW it!)

Oh, yes. After all the unpaid overtime I've worked, and all the holidays and weekends, it's definitely time for a little 99-week *vacation*! ;)

Similar Messages:

Softscript - Past Performance Is Any Indication Of Future Performance
Jan 30, 2012

to download.  That's frutiy.  Managment of workflow has changed too.  They have been putting H and P's that are more than two hours old through.  That's fruity.  Jobs come totally out of order based on job numbers and date stamp.  That's fruity.  They will never get it together if past performance is any indication of future performance.  ...

Looking For A Mentor...
Oct 23, 2009

anyone interested??? ...

Mentor
Jun 08, 2011

Hi, I am a recent MT grad. Wanted to know if anyone has heard of the aim mentoring program. If it is worth the time and money to obtain experience to help with obtaining employment. Thanks   ...

Needing A Mentor.
Oct 25, 2009

I need a mentor please. I am wanting to become a medical transcriptionist. I would like to pass the RMT exam after school, and the CMT after a few years of experience. ...

Mentor Needed
Feb 23, 2011

I am an MT student of At-Home Professions with a course completion of 76%, and have landed a temporary job with my primary care physician. The job entails transcribing 2,000 patient files for her clients as she closes her practice. I have been told the files will be relatively simple. However, being less than a Newbie I feel I need support and have been told mentoring is a standard practice in the medical transcription profession. Are there any old timers out there who might give ...

Mentor Question
Apr 25, 2012

Will we be mentored in our regular accounts or unfamiliar accounts? ...

Oh Goodie, I Got An Email Stating I Have A Mentor For ASR.
Apr 11, 2012

ie, the shadow mentoring. They say their methods have been effective in increasing ASR production. We will see... The one good thing is they will get to see exactly how much I have to correct their ASR! It might be more educational for them than me. :) I use all the short cuts provided, but I do listen to every single word. ...

Hey Shaw, Guess What My Mentor Said After Shadowing Me?
Sep 17, 2013

She said, "retype more". She had nothing else to say after watching me work. I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts, but I can still mouse faster. The secret to being fast on the mouse is learning to use it on the left side of the keyboard so you don't have to reach back and forth past the number pad. It's only mere inches when it is on the left side. I have never found a way to Ctl Alt I with all my fingers on the keys. Again Shaw, spend a day (or better yet, a week) in our sho ...

Anyone Receive W2 In Mail Yet?
Jan 28, 2010

I left MQ last May after 4 years and haven't received my W2 yet.  Has anyone received it in the "snail" mail?  Do I need to call them? ...

Did Everyone Receive An Email Re The New Pay
Jul 30, 2011

scale for different tiers or just those who had their pay adjusted?  Is this new pay scale posted on MQCentral?  Thanks for any information. ...

Anyone Receive MQ W2 In Mail Yet? Nm
Jan 24, 2012

nm ...

TTD - For Those Who Did Not Receive A Check
Aug 21, 2012

for those who did not receive a check, are you working today? am i a fool to work? ...

If Unemployment Tell You That You Can't Receive
Mar 27, 2013

unemployment because you got fired and makes you feel like a criminal, what am I supposed to do? I live in Ohio, but I did live in Florida and Ohio told me I have to call Florida to finish up my benefits, but Florida told me that they have to investigate my case and that I can't receive unemployment anyway because I got fired.I have no hope now and I will be homeless if they don't help me. I don't know, what do I do? ...

Anyone Receive Their W2 From SoftScript? Sm
Feb 03, 2015

I only worked for them for a short period last year and I was hoping to have the W2 by now. Has only received theirs at all? Thank you for any info. ...

Did Anyone NOT Receive Their MDI/Transcend Packet Yet?
Nov 21, 2009

Saturday and nothing yet. ...

For All MTs Who Did Not Receive Any Sign Of Appreciation
May 21, 2010

I have read this proclamation, signed by President Ronald Reagan many times, but it never loses it meaning and reminds me that once-upon-a-time, all MTs were regarded with the respect and appreciation that this proclamation describes. Happy Medical Transcriptionist Week to all of us, those who received a token of appreciation and those who did not. By the President of the United States of AmericaA Proclamation Record-keeping is a vital function in our society, and one of the most importan ...

Did Not Receive My Check Yesterday
Sep 08, 2012

Did not receive my check yesterday; thought for sure it would be in today's mail, but no.  Anyone else? ...

How Long Does It Take To Receive Approval Of PTO?
May 15, 2013

The request is only a week old, for a week off at the end of June.  I have to make a non-refundable deposiit as soon as possible, as beach houses are going quickly.  Do you think it is permissible to ask TSM to approve it ASAP?  How long does it normally take to get approval? ...

BREITNER - DID NOT RECEIVE PAY LAST PAY PERIOD
Aug 26, 2013

For my last pay period I did not recieve my pay (part-time at Breitner).  I contacted payroll person by E-mail and phone, and she told me that for some reason, the pay did not "download" into the PayChex system (they use PayChex).  She said that she would send the check to me (paper check this week).  I should have it by Friday (I am in New York and they are in Massachusetts).    This is the first time this has happened, but am wondering if they will send the check and ...

Performance Management
Oct 12, 2010

I haven't been put on PM yet but fear I might.  Got an email that said I had a "low-scoring feedback report."  It was for using follow up instead of followup (I know better) and then omitting the word "the."  Now, I will own up to these mistakes, they WERE my mistakes, but by no means life-threatening in any case.  But apparently this caused my score to drop below 98%.  Now I'm terrified they are going drop my pay by 3 cents a line, and I am already in danger of not being able to ...

QCs/performance Coaches
Nov 05, 2013

is there something going on with QC/perf coaches? got an email from mine today saying she was no longer our QC, no details ...

Performance Management?
Jan 20, 2014

Would like to hear about personal experiences with performance management......Anyone having a difficult time meeting expectations in production and/or quality?  ...

Performance Punishment
Mar 31, 2014

Are there any companies out there who do NOT punish their good employees?  I have never worked a place yet where good performance is NOT punished.  We're the "go-to" employees.  We're the ones who can always be depended on, work overtime, do more than the required work, report to work on-time, and rarely or never call in sick.  We're the ones who are told we're invaluable, indispensable, and that our company wishes they could "clone."  Then what happ ...

Performance Mgmt
Jul 13, 2014

on perf mgmt cause failed auditx wiht 99.34 or something like that. got verbal warning in ultipro. what happens next? ...

Performance Coach
Dec 29, 2014

Has anyone ever had issues or been targeted by performance coach?  If so, how did you handle it?  Thanks. ...

To Performance Coach
Mar 05, 2015

Most of us are typing for many, many different hospitals.  If you send out e-mails lumping all the hospitals together with helpful hints on what we are doing wrong and what we should be doing, where should we be filing these e-mails for future reference?  If we take too long to try to find the info in your e-mails, that gets counted against us in the Inactivity Graft that we have to stare at each day.  Unless you have a better suggestion, could you please simply split up ...

Any MTs Receive Letter From Coporate Bothering
Jan 09, 2010

TAA (Trade Adjustment Act) -- given the steep drop in pay for some MTs/MMEs, I would think MQ corporate would be glad to notify us that many MTs can apply for consideration, even if not approved.  Thanks to all MTs that provided this information.  MQ should have been the FIRST to inform us, and information should have been just as official as that last nonsense letter from corporate about what a wonderful job we are all doing (they meant lining their pockets while many MTs are receiv ...

ANYONE EVER RECEIVE AN AUDIO ERROR MESSAGE?
Aug 11, 2010

No audio on my last 3 transcriptions -- get an error message, "Error starting playback (the action failed). Curious if anyone else has had this experience, and if so, what was the outcome? TIA ...

Did Anyone Receive Notification Of Their Benefit Rate?
Aug 19, 2011

Did anyone receive notification of their benefit rate?  The email send out in July said we were supposed to be notified no later than July 20 of our new benefit rate.  I have never received any information.  Thanks. ...

Did Anyone Else Receive A Phone Call/transfer
Sep 09, 2011

Just wondering if anyone received an "urgent" phone call this past week about switching hours and the need to transfer? ...