A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Guess everyone celebrating mother's day and not "pitching in" - Gonna hear about it tomorrow

Posted: May 10, 2015

Judging from the dictation times, in my normal BOB, we are 9 hours behind. LOL Today is my normally scheduled day. No mother's day for me.

in our pod - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
We get another week of MOT in the week ahead. Oh joy.

Maybe we are in the same pod. Got that in the email today. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

and making us change schedules again is NOT going to fix this - how stupid can they be

[ In Reply To ..]
I am seriously thinking they dont have a brain cell between them if they think forcing mandatory schedule changes is going to fix this TAT problem! Every one of us is doing MOT! We are short staffed for the work we have. Hire more people for the hours you need. Moving our hours is just going to cause TAT problems on other days! Seriously! If they make me change my schedule again, they will not get an hour of OT from me ever again! Ive had enough!

changing schedules again - phatty

[ In Reply To ..]
You are right on the money! I have had so many schedules changes and supervisor changes, that I think the last time I didn't even bother with changing my signature line in e-mail. I went part-time because 40 hours a week of bad dictation got to be too much. It was just wearing me out. I cannot believe that they even say anything to the dictators about their work, as the same ones do consistently bad work. Having to work OT is hard enough, but forcing OT on your emmployee is just beyond belief.
When you switched to part-time, - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
did they try to stick you with an awful schedule, split shifts, nights, weekends, etc.? I can't take this crap full-time anymore. It's way too stressful for what little pay we make. Not to mention, I can do nearly the same amount part-time as full-time anyway.
Exactly, Im ready to drop down also - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
but Im either just chopping off the later end of my schedule or Im gonna quit..Cannot do this anymore.
switched to part-time - phatty
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes. My supervisor at the time, initials DH had me all over the place. I still work on Saturdays, which I don't mind.

I was able to do SSI and actually get paid about as much as I would working full time (can you believe it). This speech recognition stuff is a farce. There are many, many reports where you have to stop every sentence to make a correction.

Many years ago I worked for a company called TSI, and I made a decent living, but they went out of business, and I tell you it seems to have been downhill since!

No help in site for more MTs in my POD. - Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
Boss lady said she has requested new hires, and they are hiring, but they are going to PODS that are in worse shape than we are. She said she is "low man on the totem pole" for receiving HELP. I know she is as tired of it as we are. She gets to have the "whip cracked" over her head constantly by the director so I am sure she is just doing what she has to do to keep us "afloat" until we can get some help. The TURDS start floating further upstream than our HDSM.

Maybe SOMEONE further UPSTREAM should make sure the work force is in place BEFORE they accept new clients!

Been there, done that, many years. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
When you work Sundays, you miss all the holidays. Worse when you work 2nd and 3rd shifts because you are tired and have to make the most of your daytime hours, yet you also know you are not done. You work double yet are not compensated. That was why in-house fought for differential, because it is not normal, and definitely families suffer. No high-end salary worker is working today, and if they are...they are getting BIG bucks. Even the ER doc has a bed!

Similar Messages:

Mother Versus Mother
Aug 08, 2012

Have things changed or . . .  I thought that you capitalized m in mother if mother could be replaced with an actual name of the person and small m otherwise.   Keep getting it changed by QA and it is not in the account specifics.    Also is it not q.p.m. and q.a.m. or has that changed also?  Is this one of the dangerous abbreviations?    Thanks for your help.  I am so confused sometimes.  So I change things the way QA corrected them ...

Oh Joy, N Will Be Celebrating MT Week, I Can't Wait For All The Quizzes And Essays That No One
May 16, 2014

xx ...

Mother's Day
May 09, 2015

I truly hope that if Sunday, Mother's Day, is NOT a scheduled day for you, that you DO NOT work it voluntarily or because you've been told it's MOT. Believe me, those HDSM's are not going to be working it, maybe "checking in" for a short while because they "have to," but they WILL NOT be working that day like they're expecting you to. Be good to yourselves. Whether you're a mom or not, you deserve the day off. Don't work! Happy Mother's Day to all of y ...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
May 11, 2013

Hope everyone has a great day. ...

MOT Through SUNDAY? Really?? On Mother's Day??
May 07, 2015

x ...

Happy Mother’s Day To All.
May 08, 2011

With the transcription industry ever changing b___ s___ with paycuts, outsourcing, VR and big corporations taking over, being a mother is the most important job some of us have.  The only good benefits we have today as transcriptionists are we can be home with our children and we can avoid the gas guzzling drive to work.  So remember do not let the industry bring us down as we are mothers in this hard time for transcriptionists.  ...

Mother's Day Message To All MTSO
May 11, 2014

To all of the MTSO celebrating Mother's Day with your Mother.  As you honor her in whatever way, think about all the mothers that today are working because of the decisions you made to take their previous jobs.  They are at the keyboards working for a pittance of pay as you enjoy the profits they make for you.  Would you want YOUR MOTHER treated the way you treat them?  How many sons and daughters are missing out on their mother today because of you?  How many child ...

Can Anybody Guess
Jan 04, 2012

Just came across this VR interpretation.  Can anybody guess what the doc was really saying "History of pepperoni she abandoned" ...

I Guess We Will Need At Least
Mar 09, 2014

Because the second TAA petition is about to expire, and as soon as we all get laid off, then we can get back to school.   ...

Guess What, Another Incentive, Oh Boy!!
Oct 23, 2009

This is getting to be a regular thing.  Barely enough work to go around in my BOB as it is! ...

To All The Newbies And I Guess All MQ MT's.
Jan 23, 2010

I have been with MQ, well. . . , FOREVER unfortunately.  I found out about the board when I was googling something about Medquist about 2-1/2 years ago.  How did you all find out about this board! ...

Anybody Want To Guess What This Is Supposed To Say?
May 03, 2010

He received supplemental oxygen and anti manic amputations by EMS. ...

Guess I Am Not Leaving
Jun 25, 2010

Got an E-mail (isn't that personal, but better than nothing, I guess) that my old hospital has decided not to fill the position "at this time," but will keep my resume for future reference.  New clothes, pedicure, and a lot of stress for nothing.  So my MQ job is looking a lot better today. . .  Maybe next time.  ...

Can Nobody Even Venture A Guess As To Why
Dec 01, 2011

a company would do that???????? ...

Take A Guess At This ASR Miss
Jan 05, 2012

ASR says: He was seen in "twelfth" 2011.   Anyone care to guess what "twelfth" means? ...

Guess I Am Not One Of The Chosen Few
Mar 07, 2012

E-mail says 300 MTs chosen to attend the webcast.  If you haven't received an invitation, you're not in.  Curious to see what the 300 have to say... ...

I Guess I'll Just Be Glad For One More Day
Sep 15, 2012

MModal didn't cut my pay this week, I haven't been thrown into the cesspool yet, I haven't been put on QA review (yet) and I have plenty of work.  So we'll see what tomorrow brings. ...

I Guess I'm Stuck In MT
Jan 03, 2013

I failed another interview yesterday, and I'm not going to do anymore interviews.  When they start asking stuff like, how does your experience as a medical transcriptionist translate to this particular job, I'm stumped.  Among other questions. I have started building some other skills (like Excel), but I always end up looking like a complete idiot.  So I'm just gonna stick with MT until it goes away and then I'll go to the unemployment office and mayb ...

I Lucked Out I Guess
Dec 17, 2014

I figured mine on Friday the old way and just checked my new one to approve and it is the same as it would have been on old pay scale.  Holding my breath for the next week.  So ridiculous.  ...

They Are Forcing Us To Guess At Words So Not To
Mar 02, 2010

exceed the submission rate.  That will stop once the client starts reading the reports and sees all the errors.  Seems like it would invalidate their contract with MQ.  Maybe we should stop sending reports to QA, just guess at everything.  Our defense would be that we were forced to do this.  ...

I Need Help. Doctor Says D As In Mary, Guess I'll
Mar 26, 2010

leave a blank, but will probably be blamed for that. ...

I Guess We Now Dictate With Our Family
May 11, 2010

I just had an idiot dictating with what sounded like his whole family in the background, foreground, everyground.  Two young girls talking and giggling and then saying goodbye to each other.  Daughter talking to mother.  Some kind of beeping noise like a piece of heavy equipment backing up....beep, beep, beep, beep.  Dictator just yapping away.  How inconsiderate!!!!  Okay, I'm done.  ...

Do You Think We Should Guess At Drug Names?
Nov 05, 2010

Am I overly concerned or do you think I may have a point?  I think the Word Help Board is invaluable and have always helped whenever I 100% knew the correct spelling.  But as I have been reading the questions, there seem to be more and more drug questions from drug lists, which means no point of reference.  There are also a few “allergic to: sounds like” questions.  When I first started working as a Medical Transcriptionist, QA was always:  “Leave a b ...

Guess I'll Have To Stick With Corporate
Aug 18, 2011

I give up.  I've submitted so many resumes and applications that my head is spinning.  I can't help it that my experience is more than two years ago.  The doctor died and the practice split up!  I live in a small town where outsourcing is unheard of and the MTs work at a place until they die.  I passed my typing test and editing test with All-Type, had my interview, discussed contract terms, and the woman said she would send the contract out.  But she ...

Can Anyone Make An Educated Guess? -sm
Jun 06, 2012

If I go to work for Keystrokes - and they ever get bought out - do you think it would be by MModal or Nuance? ...

I Guess This Is The Mandonah Board Now?
Nov 01, 2012

Ugh! ...

I Though Coding Was Safe.... Guess Not
Jun 03, 2013

I was under the impression, silly me, that medical coding would be safe from outsourcing to India, with further research I am sorry to say I was wrong, so very sad : ( http://www.medesun.com/ Back to finding a hands-on job in healthcare.   ...

I Guess Miss Princess
Jul 02, 2013

She is General Counsel, SR VP & Secretary.  ...

Buttering Up Before Being Fired, I Guess...
Jul 07, 2013

I was moved OFF an account because I was doing the lines that could be carved up to 2 newer MTs with resulting OOW messages for MONTHS without being "permitted" another backup. Then, I get this after being on not 1 but 2 new accounts in the past 6 weeks. The tone in this email just oozes "respect," you know? She must know I'm talking about her... "Please remember that your QC exclusion percentage must be maintained under 10%, unless you are learning a new account.  We ...

Penalty For Refusing To Guess
Aug 01, 2013

Now that we can be dinged for leaving a blank that QA thinks we should have known, my % score has gone to the dogs (my apologies to all canines).  When I get a mush-mouth  or a really gnarly ESL, there are circumstances where I have no choice but to leave a blank.  I'm not talking about stuff that could be looked up.  Sometimes the blank in question can be interpreted as either one word or other other and either choice doesn't change the meaning.  But I can gu ...