A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MOT through SUNDAY? really?? on Mother's day?? - GTFO

Posted: May 07, 2015

x

I've about had enough. Nearly 2 months. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
How have they not gotten this under control in 2 months?! I'm mentally and physically exhausted and to the point I'm doing fewer lines than I normally would. And popping in to basically say 'you guys are all still on mandatory overtime, but I'm on my way out for another few days!' while I'm near tears... Sigh, what a "team."

MOT through Sunday - nmm

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't received an email regarding any MOT (yet). Just a friendly email stating OT is needed, but they're not demanding it like they used to... And, now we are to send our OT committments to PK, instead of BR, likely previously. I guess Mother's are not recognized by this company. Surprise, surprise. Sigh...

MOT or ANY OT - Homer

[ In Reply To ..]
DONT DO IT!! Unless you need the extra money, IF it actually works out to more extra money for you. My team has had OT and MOT since January. I did 4 days of it then and not a minute more since of either one.. I actually didn't make a penny more than I Usually do, AND I refuse to take anymore time away from my life...besides that, We are not highly paid professionals on call like a doctor, yet they expect us to jump and ask how high? I think not, and guess what to those of you who are afraid you will lose your precious underpaid job--- I'M STILL HERE! If they want to get rid of you, they will whether you work the OT or not....think about it... If there is THAT much work, they need people to do it.....

No way would I work MOT - on Sunday

[ In Reply To ..]
No Way! And I would write and tell her so, Consequences be damned. It's kind of like when they sold us to Cbay during MT week; just a psychological slap in the face.

MOT Mother's Day - - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't do it. I know I'm now. In fact, I haven't done MOT in eons and so far no PM or even an email....

PLEASE DO NOT DO MANDATORY MOT - unless you absolutely have to

[ In Reply To ..]
have the money. I certainly do not want anyone to not be able to put food on the table or have their utilities shut off, but unless you are not in this dire of straits please let us all not do the MOT! We can take a stand together. DO IT FOR ALL THE MOMS!!!! We have been treated horribly for so long and now mother's day weekend.

MOT? - oldie but goodie

[ In Reply To ..]
We just have OT but no MOT in our POD...BR's...

MW POD - GTFO

[ In Reply To ..]
x

MC POD also - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

MC POD Noncompliers - WorkingMT

[ In Reply To ..]
No one has said what has happened to them if they have not done the mandatory 1-hour OT in the MC pod. Just curious if anyone has gotten a phone call, or been put on PM because of noncompliance of this. I at first tried to do it in the beginning, but now going on 3 months, I refuse. I have a life, it was a long, long winter and I understand they need extra time and have decided if I can give 15 to 1/2 hour a day that's all they are getting. I wrote to her last night and she said it was beyond her control, and then said it was flexible. Well flexible or not I am still not working on my day off if I could not give it on the I was scheduled. I have not done the complete 1-hour a scheduled day for 2 weeks, instead of 6 gave 3 and did not hear a word. Anyone else?

well certainly they cant fire you. Seems like people are quitting - like crazy so they even PM

[ In Reply To ..]
would be hard for them to do given the current understaffed condition. Maybe when they are more in the black they will have a list of of those who did not do MOT and will chose from those to lay off, but it is highly unlikely.

I struggle to meet my 8 hours - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Ever since they implemented this "new schedule" months ago I can hardly meet my 8 hours and to ask for an extra hour is too much for some of us already attempting to comply. Having young kids AND parents to take care of it's just too much for me.

Struggling - WorkingMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly. I do not believe anyone requesting 1 hour mandatory overtime for someone who was already scheduled 8 hours to have to go 9 hours in this sedentary job where we have to be 99.8% accurate can physically or mentally even possibly do this. Then they wonder why we did not meet the Company new QA quality standards? How is it fair for someone who already switched their schedule twice in the last 6 months to work odd hours into their needed "gaps" to even work 1/2 of a weekend day (which means 6 days for 40 hours), which means 6 hours of mandatory OT to someone who is working 40 hours in 5 days to only have to do 5 hours??? How about just asking for 3 hours or just 2 hours and people would readily comply. I feel for anyone with small children. Just don't do it, give what you can and see what happens. That is what I have decided. I am ready for the consequences so be it. Fire me if you can't take my 43 hours I am giving you instead of 46 hours. Then you will be 46 hours behind the 8-ball and putting more burden into the POD.

Burden put on full timers - part time cannot work more than 30

[ In Reply To ..]
So on top of the MOT email today we were reminded again that PT cannot work more than 30. So who does that leave to pick up the slack? The full time people who are already working 45+ a week and have been doing so for months. The term beating a dead horse comes to mind. The longer this MOT goes on, the more people quit, the longer MOT goes on. It is a merry go round of mental and physical exhaustion. And they wonder why the quality scores are dropping.

The thing that scares me is that we are not even at our summer peak and we are already at 1 hour MOT. What next? 2 hour? 3 hour?
I don't mind the MOT but will not grab shifts from the swap board - LDSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't mind all the OT. I always work more OT than should physically be possible, but I am not going in and grabbing the made up shifts they have added to the swap board. I do not see how this helps them "see" and manage their OT needs any better than before. I will do OT in 10 or 15 minute increments or for 2 solid hours in a row, as I work around personal time, but I'm not going into the swap board and sign up for them. Stupidest idea I have ever seen.
Better read your email now - grab your shift!
[ In Reply To ..]
Makes me want to just stop checking email.
Oh, I read it but still not grabbing it. NM - LDSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
They can take the 30-40 hours of OT I put in per paycheck in the manner I choose to do it, which is not grabbing shifts from the swap board.
Swap Board for OT???? - WorkingMT
[ In Reply To ..]
What the heck??? Is every POD manager making their own rules??? Ours has not said anything about using the swap board but just demanding 1-hour OT anyway we can give it to her. If the Swap Board comes into play in any way, I'm done. Not giving them any at that point. I never know from day to day if I can give them extra or not, take what I can give or leave it.
Oh yes, they have added.... - lDSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
shifts in half-hour increments that you can grab off the swap board to work OT. These are different from shifts that can be grabbed to make up time. You can go in even just 1 minute before you work and grab a shift. Now tell me how that would show them what OT they can expect to be worked. Ridiculous. I don't like being tied down to certain times or lengths of times when I work OT. I will sign on and off at will, around other things going on at home. Since not all PODS are doing it, I know it is not a company policy and thus I will ignore it.
We were specifically told in one email - DO NOT use the swapboard for OT
[ In Reply To ..]
The Swapboard is to be used ONLY for makeup time or if you have to flex a shift.
I'm PT and on MOT and work more than 30 hours - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
since MOT. We were told everyone has to do 1 hour MOT every day they are scheduled to work. No cut-off at 30 hours for PTers. I believe in certain instances they waive the no more than 28 (or 30) hours/week for PTers.

working MT - phatty

[ In Reply To ..]
Before I went part-time, I always worked Overtime when asked. It gets really tiring though. This is a job, not our lives. We have responsibility to family and some simply cannot give 5 or 6 hours extra a week. Maybe a lot of people have quit.

Wonder if the doctors will be dictating or spending day with mom. - probably with mom.

[ In Reply To ..]
Based on past experience.

Guess I'm in a lucky POD - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Our MOT was called off after the first week back in March, was asked for a day here and there, otherwise OT was voluntary if offered...nothing like the MOT other POD are asking for.

Similar Messages:

Mother Versus Mother
Aug 08, 2012

Have things changed or . . .  I thought that you capitalized m in mother if mother could be replaced with an actual name of the person and small m otherwise.   Keep getting it changed by QA and it is not in the account specifics.    Also is it not q.p.m. and q.a.m. or has that changed also?  Is this one of the dangerous abbreviations?    Thanks for your help.  I am so confused sometimes.  So I change things the way QA corrected them ...

Mother's Day
May 09, 2015

I truly hope that if Sunday, Mother's Day, is NOT a scheduled day for you, that you DO NOT work it voluntarily or because you've been told it's MOT. Believe me, those HDSM's are not going to be working it, maybe "checking in" for a short while because they "have to," but they WILL NOT be working that day like they're expecting you to. Be good to yourselves. Whether you're a mom or not, you deserve the day off. Don't work! Happy Mother's Day to all of y ...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
May 11, 2013

Hope everyone has a great day. ...

Happy Mother’s Day To All.
May 08, 2011

With the transcription industry ever changing b___ s___ with paycuts, outsourcing, VR and big corporations taking over, being a mother is the most important job some of us have.  The only good benefits we have today as transcriptionists are we can be home with our children and we can avoid the gas guzzling drive to work.  So remember do not let the industry bring us down as we are mothers in this hard time for transcriptionists.  ...

Mother's Day Message To All MTSO
May 11, 2014

To all of the MTSO celebrating Mother's Day with your Mother.  As you honor her in whatever way, think about all the mothers that today are working because of the decisions you made to take their previous jobs.  They are at the keyboards working for a pittance of pay as you enjoy the profits they make for you.  Would you want YOUR MOTHER treated the way you treat them?  How many sons and daughters are missing out on their mother today because of you?  How many child ...

Help On A Sunday!
Nov 24, 2013

Who are we supposed to contact when we need technical help on a Sunday?  There used to be a number to call but I don't have it anymore, which is my fault, I know.  Fluency won't let me in, saying my new password is not recognized, yet it let me into Teamwork.   Man o' man - it's always something, as Gilda Radner used to say. ...

OOW On Sunday At 3 A.m.?
Aug 31, 2014

Just as I suspected would happen...no work!  I have no PTO to take and I know this entire week will be a struggle if there is no work very early Sunday morning.  Not sure what is going on or where all the work is...oh yea...probably INDIA!!!!!   ...

Another Sunday With NJA
Nov 09, 2014

x ...

A Typical Sunday
Mar 10, 2013

My scheduled day/shift to work and NJA.  Finding I am unable to make up these hours later in the week.  It's not a wonderful life at all.  Can't sleep at night wondering where the money for bills, etc., will come from, wondering who is next for termination. I am looking for another job but no luck so far.  Will be getting even harder in my area as a MAJOR employer is laying of over 1000 workers.  It's getting worse out here.  Hanging on by a thread. ...

Just A Little LOL For Your Sunday Morning...
Apr 28, 2013

Sunday Doctors Rot
Nov 03, 2013

So tempted to just quit..I hate this so much ...

Sunday Dictation
Jan 19, 2014

Is it because they are all dictating on cell phones or what? I am tearing my hair out trying to hear my usually prime dictators because of heaps of static and background noise. Grrrr!! ...

Sunday 2nd Shift?
Jan 11, 2015

Anyone out there working a 2nd shift on Sundays? Are you running out of work?  I know it's slower than slow around the holidays, but the holidays are over and I'm getting really tired of running out of work on Sundays.  This is inpatient, so the day of the week shouldn't matter, right?   #*&!!@%!&#!!! ...

My Reward For Taking PTO On A Sunday
Aug 09, 2010

I have never run into NJA on a Monday morning.  I had the hardest time getting the day off yesterday. (I have 3 weeks of accrued PTO which I have to take before December.)  My CCM didn't respond for nearly a month.  When I started reminding her every day for a response, she responded saying if I get the day off, I have to work a Friday.  To make it up?  She says she has a hard time staffing Sundays.  Well I have a HARDER TIME SACRIFICING THEM FOR THE LAST 9 YEA ...

Is It Me Or Are All The Sunday Dictators Just Crappy
Apr 01, 2012

finally over,, brutal day ...

NJA On Sunday Afternoon In The North
Oct 28, 2012

This really blows.... ...

IMEDX No Coverge On Sunday
Nov 23, 2014

Hint: If you have no MTs working on Sunday on a major account and a bunch of jobs go out of TAT, do you clasify that as stupid on management's position? ...

First Time Ever, Sunday Night And OOW
Mar 01, 2015

For the first time ever, I just got a "No Studies Available" on Enterprise on a Sunday night. Never in all my years with Nuance and before that Webmedx has this happened, even on a holiday there is always work at night. Thank God I have another part time job!!       ...

Guess Everyone Celebrating Mother's Day And Not "pitching In"
May 10, 2015

Judging from the dictation times, in my normal BOB, we are 9 hours behind. LOL Today is my normally scheduled day. No mother's day for me. ...

Just Got The Email - Everybody Must Work A Saturday Or Sunday.
Aug 21, 2010

I already work weekends. They say it is for TAT. Work is already thin on weekends. This is not fair to the people who were hired for M-F. Sat or Sun schedules was the reason I turned down Spheris a long time ago. I only work weekends now because I have been going to school to get out of this MT rat hole. ...

Has Anyone Else Who Was Effected By The DQS Downage Sunday Been Given Any Downtime Pay? I HAVE NOT
Sep 29, 2010

I cannot believe this, I look on my schedule today and all the notes I put with Ticket numbers have been taken away and in their place 0 hours!!!!   I was one of many who could NOT work Sunday due to DQS being down, down, down, down.  Then we are told to wait until Support tells CCM when the time was.  Now I am only to assume I am royally sc***wed over again.   Did anyone else get the downtime we SHOULD HAVE?  So upset, so upset so upset so upset.  ...

Working Every Sunday For The Rest Of My Career
Apr 18, 2012

We are required to work a full-time schedule that includes either Saturday or Sunday, every weekend, forever. The only time we can take a full weekend is if we take a PTO day. But the problem is that we don't get paid holidays anymore (unless we work), so we are almost forced to take many of those as PTO days.  Our sick days come out of our PTO days.  I guess what I am saying is that the thought of having hardly any full weekends "forever" is very disheartening.  The company ...

Remedy Number For Downtime Last Sunday
Jul 20, 2014

Was there ever a Remedy ticket number, or whatever, designated for the downtime on Sunday, 7/13? Thank you!! ...

Why Do All The Companies Have You Working Every Weekend Either Saturday Or Sunday?
May 24, 2010

Why do all the companies have you working every weekend either saturday or sunday?  I would much rather work both sat and sun every other weekend than be tied up every weekend.  Just wondering if anyone knows the reasoning for that. ...

Trish Or Tammy. Call Me, Please, Dont Wait Til Sunday.
Nov 01, 2011

x ...

In Case Anyone Forget... Sunday Morning At 2 Am Eastern Time Is DQS Maintenance...
Dec 06, 2009

Last time I forgot and lost a really long report.  Pacific Time 11 pm, in 10 minutes! ...

Patient Medical Records Online Is Making News On NBC Sunday At 11
Feb 13, 2010

I have seen where our local news station in Richmond, VA is going to be covering a news story about patient medical records online on Sunday at 11:00 p.m.  The actual story caption advertised is:  "Patient Medical Records Online - What Happens Will Make You Sick." Oh yeah, it's about time.  I know not everyone will have this on NBC but you can access this story afterwards on the NBC Channel 12 website.  It will be interesting to see how this is covered and whether ...

Having To Work Sunday Is Bad Enough, But Having To Work And Not Able To Work Is Worse.
Jul 13, 2014

NM ...