A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Got an E-mail from MQ friend. She gave her - two week notice today.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010

Another one bites the dust.  She said she didn't have anything lined up yet; just couldn't stand the stress any longer. 

Wow she is brave - Or has someone at home helping her with the bills

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a friend who left and she decided to "take the summer off". How nice for her to be able to do that. I, on the other hand, cannot afford to take off a summer. It seems like someone who can do these things, might not need to work at all. Stress or not, bill have to be paid. You know what I mean?

My friend was older and may be able to draw - Social Security. Not sure.

[ In Reply To ..]
She said she did need the money and I think she is looking for another company. Had told me about a friend of hers who went somewhere else. I don't think she will be unemployed for a minute longer than necessary; just said she couldn't stand the Q stress any longer. She gave 2-week notice. Probably is hoping to find something in that time frame.

Wow she is brave - tts

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes she is brave, but bottom line, since leaving MQ, I am sleeping better, stress is gone. I was diagnosed as pre-diabetes 2 months before failing audit.

UI benefits paid more than I was getting with MQ, with NJA on a continuing bases.

I love my new job. I am out of the office. But I would like to find a part-time transcription position just to help supplement what I have lost this year with MQ. The stress, the loss of income this past year and get this; St. Jude Hospital in Fullerton hires in-house transcription $23.00 :)

Similar Messages:

Let Me Be Your Refer-a-friend
Mar 26, 2013

I am in serious need of a new transcription job, straight typing.  If your job offers a bonus for signing on a new employee, let me be your bonus.. if they don't and but still need help, please contact me.  I'm seriously on the verge of not being able to make my house payment in the near future.  Nine years transcription experience, basic 4, acute care, psychiatry.. you name it.. if I haven't done it, I can learn.  Current job switched to VR and ...

Friend Wants To Know...Where To Begin?
Jun 25, 2013

I have a friend who is a nurse who wants to get into medical transcripting. Since she has a lot of background, she doesn’t think it would take her long. I had a bad experience with the company that trained me, so I was wondering what you guys would recommend for her? Do you know of any companies that train then give live work or know of a low-cost school?I let her know that most companies require 3 years experience, so do you know of anyone who hires fresh MTs?Thanks in advance! ...

Asking For A Friend. How Many Hours Are Needed To Keep
Feb 18, 2013

x ...

Needing Advise For My Friend
Oct 25, 2013

My friend has worked at a local hospital for the past 6 years and within the last year they have gone to voice recognition. Now because of this they are running out of work on a daily basis and she has to use her vacation time when this happens (she takes at least 3 days of vacation per week). She is starting to run low on vacation time and then has to take it without pay. Did I read on here that she can apply for unemployment because of lack of work? I went to her house last night and helped h ...

Opinion Please: Friend Changing From Inhouse To MQ
Jan 08, 2012

Ok, I have a friend who has worked inhouse for a few years for a large hospital.  She makes $14 an hour with shift differential.  They have pretty much cut the incentive pay out.  She really doesn't get that I don't think anymore.  She is fustrated with her boss and is considering going to Medquist radiology transcription.  Another friend who works on the radiology side of MQ said she has not ran of work before and has 5 accounts to work on, etc.  She says ...

A Friend Of Mine Wants To Try This, Can She Make $30.00 An Hour Doing Transcription
Nov 02, 2009

A lady I have talked with wants to train in this kind of work and is planning on going to Andrews. Would she be making at least $30.00 an hour when she gets a job? Thanks. ...

A Friend Of Mine Asked About MTing Recently ....
Dec 20, 2010

I told her to give it not a second thought, it was a waste of money and time for the schooling required, and, even as an IC, she'd be LUCKY to make $.09 a line and have zero benefits.  I told her she'd be MUCH better off working for McDonald's. Who is going to enter this profession of low pay and no benefits in the future?  Who will stay when, even the transcriptionists who are fortunate enough to be doing straight transcription now, are gone after the switch to VR and ...

Friend Wants To Quit Inhouse Job To Work MedQuist
Jan 08, 2012

Someone who works at Medquist on the radiology side said that radiology isn't as bad as the acute care side.  She said she has not ran out of work yet, and she has been there several months.  I know what I see on these boards about the acute care side.  Does this pertain to the radiology side too or is it different?  ...

A Letter From A Doctor Friend Of Mine To His Congressman
Apr 18, 2013

The following is from a Facebook post from a physician friend of mine.  This is a letter he sent to his congressman.  I got permission from him to post it here.  Long read, but I feel galvanized by this:    I have been dealing with 2 electronic health record (EHR) systems and it is clear that the technology is not ready for implementation. I feel they will increse cost, decrese access, and decrease quality of care in their current state. I encourage anyone reading thi ...

Was Let Go Because QA Gave Me 97%
Mar 29, 2010

I was let go from my full time job of 10 years.  I dont think I can collect unemployment if I have a part time typing job............ can I? ...

Gave Up Transcription
Jan 23, 2010

Had to give it up after almost 17 years.  My wrists are shot (CTS) (surgery failed to help) and have cervical radiculopathy (numbness and tingling in arms and hands constantly and shooting pains up forearms).  Went on Work comp then SSD.  Get out before you ruin your health.  It's not worth it. ...

Exactly Why I Gave No Notice
Apr 25, 2010

I read the post below from the MDI/Transcend MT who is struggling with BeyondTXT.  When I was informed last week that this platform was going to be installed on my computer in a day or so and then training would take place for God knows how long, I  hung up during the conference call and immediately resigned.  I had started another job, which I was going to give a trial period before leaving Transcend, but I realized that taking the time and effort to learn this unfriendly user pl ...

Gave Notice To The Q
Dec 14, 2010

Hi all.  I've been doing medical transcription for over 20 years, and have been with the Q for almost 12 years (the first year in the office and at home, and then they sent us all home).  Been through all kinds of changes, from working in the local office and at home, to working at home, to being moved to the responsibility of another office, to that office closing down, then to working for a "virtual office" and finally a "service area."  I lost count of how many superv ...

Just Gave My Notice!
Aug 11, 2011

Just gave my notice! Working for the Q was just too stressful! Pay was crap, hours were crap.  I couldn't take it anymore! I went from an awesome job making about 25 bucks an hour with great hours to the Q? My other company closed down (it was local) thanks to EMR.  I must have been desperate.  Just accepted another job for better pay and better hours.. ...

What Companies Gave
Dec 17, 2013

nm ...

Gave Notice Yesterday...
Aug 14, 2012

My employers response?  Crickets...nada...nothing.  Not even an acknowledgement that I was leaving.  Seems strange, don't you think?     ...

Encore Gave Me Bad Paychecks
Aug 07, 2013

I thought I found a good company to work for until I got a two returned checks from them in the mail. The first time I thought mistakes can be made but AGAIN my check was returned. That really upsets me because I work hard for this company and they give me a bad check. There is no excuse for doing this to an employee. I have not been contacted about this check and I just quit because enough is enough. This is very dishonest and unprofessional to say the least. I have a family to take care ...

Just Gave Myself The Best MT Week Gift
May 23, 2014

I sent my resignation letter to my supervisor.  I am getting out before they completely destroy my self-esteem and physical health.  I've had enough.  ...

Pt With Bronchitis. Gave Her A Z-Pak To Cover For S/l Atypicals
Nov 16, 2009

:-) ...

...the Rescue Squad Gave The Patient (s/l) A-dem-a-see. SM
Dec 27, 2009

....an episode of supraventricular tachycardia.  The episode was a few hours in duration.  He developed chest pain and dizziness.  The electrocardiogram was caught by the rescue squad.  The heart rate was about 220.  I assume that the rescue squad gave the patient (s/l) a-dem-a-see.   ...

I Just Gave 2 Weeks Notice. I Am Practically
Feb 22, 2010

giddy and dancing around the room.  At the last second I tried to cancel the e-mail, but it was too late.  Guess it was meant to be.  I have been with this company for 8 years, and they don't deserve me any longer.  ...

MD Just Gave Weight In Kilometers. Not Kidding.
Nov 24, 2010

When I Send An E-mail From My MQ Mail, It Shows That It
Dec 16, 2011

came from someone else.  Anybody ever had that problem before and does anybody know who I contact to get it fixed? ...

Mail Purge On MT Mail System 10/16
Oct 12, 2012

What are you all doing with emails you have saved to folders? ...

Company Hiring For MT Inhouse Just Gave Me A Call
Sep 29, 2010

Paying 15.00 an hour.  It is temp to hire. Hours 8 am to 5 pm, Unfortunately, I already have an inhouse day shift job.  They asked if I knew anyone who would be interested.  Couldn't think of a soul. ...

I Wonder If I Can Give SoftScript The Same Excuse For Not Working That They Gave Me Sm
Feb 18, 2011

when there was no work ... how about, "it is too sunny  to work?"  LOL   They are still running the ad portraying outsourcing as evil.  You'd think they would know the difference between outsourcing and offshoring. A few more days and it will not be my issue anymore ........ ...

My Son Gave Me Noise Cancelling Earphones For Christmas!
Dec 27, 2011

It was probably the sweetest present he's ever given me!  He and his sister and three friends are playing "Rock Band" in the living room, two rooms away, right now, and I can hardly hear them while I'm working!   What a son! ...

TTD Just Gave Us All The STOP On Working Until Further Notice. No Warning. No Nothing. Just Told
Aug 02, 2012

NM ...

Friend Of Mine Fell For One Of Those "BIG BUCKS (MT-ing) FROM HOME" Ads
Mar 05, 2010

So she signed up for this teach yourself transcription course, captured and enraptured by all its 'carnival barking' about the money, the prestige, and the convenience of working at home and being your own (uh-huh) boss...offering the world on a platter and stopping just shy of suggesting she could meet/marry a doctor.   Flashcards in a box.  Albeit medical words...but...flashcards in a box.     ...

In A Cancer Report, The Doctor Gave A Diagnosis Of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 Cancer
Jun 14, 2013

In a cancer report, the doctor gave a diagnosis of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 cancer.  Then she later said, He was staged as a pathological T4aN2a.  She added the a and dropped the M0.   I listened very carefully for the diagnosis and later in the problem list.  She does not add the a after the N2 in either place.    Does anyone know why it is N2a in one place but just N2 in the DX?  ...