A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My son gave me noise cancelling earphones for Christmas! - NYMT

Posted: Dec 27, 2011

It was probably the sweetest present he's ever given me!  He and his sister and three friends are playing "Rock Band" in the living room, two rooms away, right now, and I can hardly hear them while I'm working!   What a son!

earphones- NYMT - LeeLee

[ In Reply To ..]
God bless his little pea picking heart! I got a pair a while ago and use nothing else. I LOVE THEM...happy hearing :)

Earphones - Shea

[ In Reply To ..]
What a great gift and a great idea. I have never thought of noise-cancelling earphones before. May I ask what brand/type you got?

everyone tells me to get these kind, however, - noise cancelling earphone

[ In Reply To ..]
I only work when there is no one else here. My hubby works 60 hours a week and there are no kids here. Just me and 2 cats. How will these help me when there is no noise to begin with?

Just dont wanna spend money when I dont need to.
Earphones - LeeLee
[ In Reply To ..]
It was explained to me by a tech geek that these also reduce any static that may come through the computer or voicefiles. Also supposed to reduce any "interference" noise with internet hookups. I am not technical at all, but it did exactly what he told me it would do. Love them. Hope this helps.

I have bose noise-cancelling headphones - mthead

[ In Reply To ..]
Got them at Best Buy for about $100. They work great!

To Shea - - NYMT

[ In Reply To ..]
They're made by Sony, evidently model MDR-NC7. I love them! I didn't realize how much I've been responding to stuff going on around me until I'm not hearing it. I guess I've always had half an ear on conversations going on in the kitchen, etc. Now everybody thinks I'm ignoring them!

earphones/NYMT - LeeLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I got them at Radio Shack and paid about $30.00 for them. I use them so much, unfortunately, I knocked off the little emblem that had the brand name on it. I am sure anyone at Radio Shack could help. They always try to sell you the most expensive ones; however, I was actually able to try them in the store and was very, very happy with the lesser expensive ones. I could not tell the difference between the $30.00 set and the $100.00+ sets. I know that they also offer Bose as well, if you want that particular brand. After buying those, I never went back to the other types. I was lucky enough to get a sales rep that really knew his stuff and actually explained what the ratings on the back of the package meant; he also asked what kind of use I wanted these for. He was wonderful! Hope you have as much luck!!
Used them for years. - stormymt
[ In Reply To ..]
I've used Sony noise cancelling headphones for over 3 years now. It is amazing how clear the dictation is, though it doesn't help with the ESOL dictators (nothing will help them).

Question About Noise-cancelling. - JT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have Philips noise-abating headset, but it's over-the-head and I can't deal with that for 8 hours in a shot. I also had a problem with forgetting to turn off the thing after my shift, and I kept burning out the battery. I did find them very useful, though.

Do they happen to have stethescope-type noise-cancelling? Or any type without a battery? It's generally quiet here, but neighbors (and hubby) do mow the lawns and use weed wackers that are very close where I sit in my offic.e

earphones - LeeLee

[ In Reply To ..]
JT - I had gotten a pair (also from Radio Shack) several years ago that went behind your head and looped over the ear. Very comfortable, but I am not sure they still make those. Have not looked for a while. If I come across them, will post.

Thanks! nm - JT

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Awesome gift :) - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
What a thoughtful son you have. I had the Bose noise canceling headphones (over $100) and they lasted barely 2 yrs. The cord broke. I now have the Sennheiser noise canceling headphones (also over $100) which are much sturdier but extremely heavy and uncomfortable. Hard to wear for 8 hrs. I think next time I'll get a lesser expensive set.

Similar Messages:

Noise-cancelling Headsets
Oct 13, 2009

Can anyone recommend a noise-cancelling headset?  Having to share an office with someone that is not doing transcription and has conference calls on speakerphone a lot!!!  Thanks, in advance. ...

Best Noise Cancelling Headphones?
Mar 11, 2012

I am looking for a good set of noise cancelling headphones- i don't want the kind that you have to switch on because i always forget to turn them off and the batteries die.  My friend has a great set of Sony headphones that go over the ear and totally block out sound.  I don't think they make them any more, however.  They were sonyMDR-V600.  But if anyone knows of a good brand that is comfortable over the ears and the head and fits snugly (but not too snugly) and bl ...

Noise Cancelling Feature Headphones
Sep 03, 2011

I need a good, relatively inexpensive headset that has a noise cancelling feature.  Any recommendations? ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS And HAPPY NEW YEAR To All !!!! And To Those Who Do Not Celebrate Christmas
Dec 23, 2014

BEST WISHES for the holidays ...

Ear Buds Or Earphones
Jul 02, 2010

Does anyone have recommendations for a good brand of these? I've read about the Sony Noise cancelling headphones that many of you like, but I really don't prefer the type that cover the whole ear. I wear glasses and after a time, my ears get kind of sore from the cup pressing on my ears over the glasses. I need good clarity and noise cancelling though. I wonder if the Sony brand earbuds would also be of good quality? Thanks. ...

Headphones Vs Earphones
Sep 24, 2012

I am having trouble with some cheap head phones or ear phones.  They sound muffled, but I have tried just about everything. I even had some Sonys and they were not that great.  Any suggestions on what ear phones are good to use transcribing? ...

Headphones Or Earphones
Oct 16, 2013

I'm new to transcription at home.  I have a pair of Spectra headphones I ordered from Amazon.com, but I'm doing transcription for a pathology account where there is a lot of background noise.  I don't want to spend $200, but are there any earphones or headphones that work really well for our line of work that aren't too expensive?   ...

Favorite Kind Of Earphones?
Aug 01, 2011

Does anyone have a favorite kind of earphones? I need something to better filter out all my white noise/static. ...

Hearing Aids And Earphones
Dec 18, 2011

I will be purchasing hearing aids soon and have two related questions. What type of headphones can I use, if at all, with: In-ear hearing aids, Behind-the-ear hearing aids. Would also be nice to know where I can get same at a decent price.  At this time I purchase my transcription gear at Martel Electronics. Thanks, all, and keep that volume turned down (no my hearing didn't go that way;  I am just getting older). ...

I Just Watched The Old Christmas Special "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"
Jan 05, 2015

NTS (Nuance) who stole Christmas.....My version......We all know the tune, replace The Grinch with NTS (fits better sound-wise)...NTS = Nuance... You're a mean one, NTS.... You really are a heel You're a Monster, NTS.... You're heart's an empty hole You're brain is full of spiders, You've got garlic in your soul, NTS......(drag it out here!) I wouldn't touch you with a......39-1/2-foot pole !!!!! You're a foul one, NTS... You're a nasty wasty ...

Earphones - Searching For Comfortable Headsets Or Earbuds
Feb 04, 2011

I am searching for comfortable headsets or earbuds. What have you experienced MTs found that works the best? I want to hear well, while being comfortable...:) ...

Was Let Go Because QA Gave Me 97%
Mar 29, 2010

I was let go from my full time job of 10 years.  I dont think I can collect unemployment if I have a part time typing job............ can I? ...

What Is That Snapping Noise?
Jan 25, 2013

I hear it occasionally, but on one dictator it's really bad.  It's hard enough to hear him.  He talks at the speed of light, runs his words together, moves away from the mouthpiece and his voice fades into oblivion, then that blasted snapping noise on top of it all.  I can't turn up the volume because it kills my ears.  What is it? ...

Gave Up Transcription
Jan 23, 2010

Had to give it up after almost 17 years.  My wrists are shot (CTS) (surgery failed to help) and have cervical radiculopathy (numbness and tingling in arms and hands constantly and shooting pains up forearms).  Went on Work comp then SSD.  Get out before you ruin your health.  It's not worth it. ...

Exactly Why I Gave No Notice
Apr 25, 2010

I read the post below from the MDI/Transcend MT who is struggling with BeyondTXT.  When I was informed last week that this platform was going to be installed on my computer in a day or so and then training would take place for God knows how long, I  hung up during the conference call and immediately resigned.  I had started another job, which I was going to give a trial period before leaving Transcend, but I realized that taking the time and effort to learn this unfriendly user pl ...

Gave Notice To The Q
Dec 14, 2010

Hi all.  I've been doing medical transcription for over 20 years, and have been with the Q for almost 12 years (the first year in the office and at home, and then they sent us all home).  Been through all kinds of changes, from working in the local office and at home, to working at home, to being moved to the responsibility of another office, to that office closing down, then to working for a "virtual office" and finally a "service area."  I lost count of how many superv ...

Just Gave My Notice!
Aug 11, 2011

Just gave my notice! Working for the Q was just too stressful! Pay was crap, hours were crap.  I couldn't take it anymore! I went from an awesome job making about 25 bucks an hour with great hours to the Q? My other company closed down (it was local) thanks to EMR.  I must have been desperate.  Just accepted another job for better pay and better hours.. ...

What Companies Gave
Dec 17, 2013

nm ...

Noise-Canceling Headphone
Jan 13, 2011

Which is the best noise-canceling headphone available now. It should Completely Block All External Noise Coming From Surrounding the System (TV, Satellite Radio, Home Theatre, etc) to do Medical Transcription in a calm setting via the headphone. ...

White Noise In My Headphones??
Mar 08, 2011

I have alot of white noise in my headphones. I just started transcribing for a new doc- he speaks very very low- almost mumbles.... and I cant even hear what he says sometimes- when I turn up my earphones.. the whitenoise gets worse.  is there a brand that is best for reducing the noise?? or what i should be looking for.   ...

Noise Canceling Headphone
Mar 20, 2012

Does anyone know what company makes a good quality pair of noise canceling headphones? ...

Noise Canceling Headphones
Nov 13, 2014

Can someone recommend a brand of noise cancelling headphones that fit over the ears, not earbuds, that work well and do not hurt your head? I've found they either don't work at canceling out the noise (we have limited in space in our apt and I have to work in the family room which is noisy) or they hurt bad because I have to wear glasses and they press on those and squeeze my head. Thanks! ...

Got An E-mail From MQ Friend. She Gave Her
Aug 15, 2010

Another one bites the dust.  She said she didn't have anything lined up yet; just couldn't stand the stress any longer.  ...

Gave Notice Yesterday...
Aug 14, 2012

My employers response?  Crickets...nada...nothing.  Not even an acknowledgement that I was leaving.  Seems strange, don't you think?     ...

Encore Gave Me Bad Paychecks
Aug 07, 2013

I thought I found a good company to work for until I got a two returned checks from them in the mail. The first time I thought mistakes can be made but AGAIN my check was returned. That really upsets me because I work hard for this company and they give me a bad check. There is no excuse for doing this to an employee. I have not been contacted about this check and I just quit because enough is enough. This is very dishonest and unprofessional to say the least. I have a family to take care ...

Just Gave Myself The Best MT Week Gift
May 23, 2014

I sent my resignation letter to my supervisor.  I am getting out before they completely destroy my self-esteem and physical health.  I've had enough.  ...

Buzzing Noise With Express Scribe
Jan 30, 2012

Today I am having a problem with a buzzing noise on Express Scribe.  As soon as I press Play, I hear a really loud buzzing noise that continues even when a file is not playing.  Help!  My head cannot take much more of this.   ...

Has Anyone Ever Seen The Movie White Noise? Do You Ever Think Of It While Typing?
Sep 29, 2012

Sometimes while typing I hear a strange noise in the headphones and think of this movie.  Just wondering if it was only me. ...

Noise Cancellation Software Help Needed
Jul 05, 2013

Hello,Can anyone help me with a background noise problem.  I am on a search to find software that will help eliminate background noise in my audio files -- which are beyond terrible. They are mostly phone interviews and the static and white noise drowns out the voices.  Does anyone have experience with Audacity or Wavepad? If so, how well do they work?  Or any other suggestions that you might have.Thanks!Judy ...

Headphones That Eliminate Background Noise?
Mar 14, 2015

Does anyone have recommendations for headphones that eliminate background noise? Do they exist? I am so tired of hearing one doctor dictate in the background of another!! ...