A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fluency for Transcription, version 7.4 - kcmt

Posted: Apr 18, 2014

I know there was some discussion about the new 7.4 version of Fluency and a decrease in lines.  I had not yet made the conversion, so I did not pay much attention.

I was converted yesterday by one of our eversohelpful support team members.  Ever since then, I have been working my fingers to the bone and I am barely making 150 lph.  It is totally bizarre.  I usually averaged 200+ and now I'm down to 155-160.  Not saying that for any other reason other than comparison.  Totally bizarre.

Thanks in advance!

Guessing gets you nowhere. Take a short report, C&P body of text - into a Word document and use Words

[ In Reply To ..]
counting function found under tools to see what the character count plus spaces is. Divide by 65 and that is the line count. Compare that number to what MM says your count is. I will be surprised is MM is lower than Word. It is usually higher.

You can also click on the function window on a job you have opened in DQManage. That will show you very clearly what is in the document you are paid on and you can compart that to your C&P report in Word

In function window, payroll version of job show what is in - report you are paid on. Compare

[ In Reply To ..]
that to the Word document you created. I expect they will be the same.

Decrease in lines... - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The other big variable is the time factor. Things run slower, taking more time to do the job, editing, downloading previous reports, downloading audio, etc.

Agree - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I noticed the ADT screen is much slower. Also, I have to search for patients and there are now more steps to go through to search. Plus it brings up far more visit records and I have to scroll down through dozens of entries to find the correct one. Even if the visit is from today it often is in the middle of records from several months ago. Makes no sense how this is an improvement.

It is crazy to think MM did this on purpose. They want you to fly thru - report to go on to next one. More $ for MM. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Never had decrease with new Fluency. Just - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
takes some getting used to. MM is still paying for everything as before the upgrade. No need for paranoia.

Similar Messages:

The Transcription Doctors - Version 8 Account (sm)
Oct 05, 2010

May be an ignorant question - but what does Version 8 account mean?  It is in the Transcription Doctors ad on job seeker's board and I've seen it before.  I posted question on main board but no response.  Does anyone know?  TIA! ...

Using Dragon Medical Practice, Version 2 For Transcription, Coding, Billing, Editing - Is It Worth I
Dec 29, 2014

It was recently suggested to me that I get Dragon Medical practice Edition, Version 2 for use on transcription, coding, billing and editing. As someone who works from home, I am hoping to investigate the pros and cons of investing in this program and whether its worth it ($1,399.00!!) Does anyone have any experience using this program for transcription, etc who would like to comment? Is it worth the time investment and the money investment? Is the program fairly easy to set up and use ie: l ...

Help Please - Fluency For Transcription
Aug 18, 2014

I was a part of the great territory combination.  I was in the West...now I have no idea where I am.   At any rate, I am able to get into Fluency to check my statistics.  However, I am not able to get into the one with the "DEP" on the end.  Does anyone have a clue how to get in there? Thanks in advance... ...

Fluency For Transcription Manager
Nov 09, 2014

Cant get into fluency for transcription manager to change password, says to contact customer support.  Does that mean tech support?  Do we still have to send a remedy ticket and wait for them to call us or can we call directly to 1-800-DICTATE like we used to.  Any  help is truly appreciated.  Thank you. ...

How To Make A Numbered Sublist In Fluency For Transcription 7.2.1.635
Oct 05, 2013

I have one dictator who likes making sublists.  I know how to make a list using Ctl + Shf + l to make bullets but don't remember how to make sublists (indented with bullets) or even sublists below sublists.  I've looked all over the tutorials but can't seem to find it.  Does anyone know how to do it? ...

Does MQ's Version Of
Jan 21, 2010

DQS/DQM work with IE7 or IE8, or only IE6?  I've been reading about the security problems with IE6, but I thought I was told that was the only one that would work with Medquist's DQS/DQM, so curious what version everyone else is using.  TIA! ...

Which Version Of IE Do You Use?
Jul 19, 2010

I am just curious as the version of Internet Explorer that most of you are using. I still have IE 7 and am wondering if maybe it's time to switch to IE 8. Is IE 8 all that great, or is it basically the same as the other? Any thoughts? TIA! ...

Where Is The Old Version Of DQS
Sep 08, 2010

Does anyone know where to find the old version to download?  I uninstalled the new, could not get logged on all day, and want to install the old simply so I an work.  But, DocuManage just installs the new version automatically. ...

New Version/old Version WMX
Nov 27, 2010

I guess I am getting too old and not adapting as quick as I used to, but I find having accounts in both new and old a little confusing.  My mind and fingers don't want to switch about so easily.  This is just 2 weeks, hoping it gets more natural soon.  I think I only got my normal line count 2 days out of the training period.   I did quit doing that print preview so often.  Wow.  that is truly a time killer isn't it?  ...

S/l Version Table
Feb 03, 2010

extension-biased home exercise program and s/l version table.   thanks ...

ASR's Version Of A Clearly Said Word
Apr 26, 2010

Finally I get a clear dictator! And it's ASR.  So I wasn't even laughing when the clear word "radiculopathy" came through in the system as "retic kilo disease". Sheesh. ...

What Is A Version 8 Account? Nm
May 25, 2010

nm ...

New Docuscribe Version 6.1
Sep 02, 2010

Does anyone know if the training on MQ Central is paid and what happens if we dont take it? :)  Seriously, an hour to learn how to use the new Docuscribe?  Is this going to work as well as the new and improved email?  Maybe I should pass on the class. ...

WMX - New Version Question
Sep 08, 2010

I haven't trained yet for new versions but I think I read somewhere we no longer have to worry so  much about account specifics i.e. formatting for ROS, bolds or caps for headings.  This sounds good to me.  My main account is on indefinite hold for converting so would love to hear some positives from those already there.  TIA ...

Version 8 Account? Sm
Oct 05, 2010

Please excuse my ignorance ... I have worked for only one hospital and one small company for 16 years and haven't been exposed to lots of different MTSOs and accounts.  What is a Version 8 account?  I keep seeing that in ads on job seeker's board and have no idea what it means.  Thanks in advance for info! ...

Win Version On New MQ Computer?
Nov 22, 2011

I use my own computer and am about to get a new one.  Does the computer that MQ is giving have Windows 7 home edition (64 bit only) or the edition that has both 32 and  bits?  Are they still using Dell? Thanks!   ...

In The New Version Of Smartype...
Jan 19, 2012

I downloaded the new version of Smartype, and I need to figure out how you get something not to expand like say if you type pm and it expands it but you don't want it to.  The older version you could type the word and press the shift key while pressing the spacebar and it would not expand, but it does not work that way on this version.  I have no idea how to change the hotkey from the spacebar either.  I have looked through the help pages and can't find it.  ...

Version Of ES For .rm Files?
Sep 10, 2012

Is someone able to help me with playing .rm or .ra files in Express Scribe? I have tried everything to download one file into Express Scribe. I did it one time, then my free trial ran out, so I had to uninstall/re-install, and now I cannot find any version that allows these type of files. I have also tried a converter, but do not want to purchase one because this is for a test. So, I'm wondering if there is a certain version of ES that does allow these files? OR, ANY other advice is gre ...

Word Version
Sep 24, 2012

Can someone pls tell me which word version works better with the E-scription platform at Nuance?  MS Word 2003 (Professional or Standard), MS Word 2007 (Standard, Professional, Professional Plus, Enterprise, Ultimate, or Small Business), or MS Word 2010 32 bit only (Standard, Professional, Professional Plus or Home & Business).  Thank you!  ...

What Version Of IE Are You Using With Editscript ?
Apr 06, 2013

I got a new computer a couple weeks ago with Windows 7 and IE 8.  Since IE 9 is not compatable with Editscript, when IE did the automatic update to IE 9 things started going bonkers while working, so I uninstalled it.  During the uninstall, somehow IE 8 dissappeared completely.  No matter what I try, I can't get IE 8 back.  (I know this sounds confusing).  My question is.....Has anyone tried to run IE 10 with Editscipt?  Whenever I try to search for an older ve ...

Version Of MS Word
Feb 09, 2014

Is there any way for a company to know if you have MS Home and Office or Home and Student, etc. versus the Professional suite?  I am job hunting and some companies require that you have MS Word Professional.  I am not applying to these companies requiring it because I am in desperate need of a job before I lose my home and there is really no guarantee that they would employ you long enough for the program to pay for itself.  I just can't afford it right now. ...

Anyone Here That Works On DQS And Has The 6.1 Version That Has Gotten A New
Apr 04, 2014

computer and did your expansion etc load okay when you switched computers.  I had to upgrade to windows 7 because XP is not longer HIPAA compliant and I am hoping my expanders get into the new computer okay when I load 6.1. ...

Age With New Updated Version
Dec 21, 2014

Isn't the latest Fluency upgrade supposed to put the correct age of the patient within the body of the report, or did I misunderstand?  I've had 2 incidences where the age was wrong and still had to figure it out for myself. ...

ASR's Version Of Gastric Bypass
Jan 13, 2010

Actual dictation:   Gastric bypass. ASR:  Pastry bypass. I suppose if you bypassed enough pastries, you would eventually lose a little weight.  ...

Question For Webmedx MTs About New Version
Mar 02, 2010

I am wondering how everyone is doing with the new version of Enterprise (the M-Modal software).  Have you noticed that it has helped your productivity as they claimed it would, or has it slowed you down? I have noticed that it takes much longer for reports to load with the M-Modal software and I am staring at that stupid purple box in the report entry screen for what seems like way too long before I can start typing or even listen to the audio. Am I the only one experiencing this? Any ...

WMX New Version Enterprise Spyware!
Sep 11, 2010

Work pools are low so heads up to the drones, New Versions has capability to monitor all your activities as soon as job is pulled up on screen. Your STMs have been instructed to start tracking, reporting, hounding how long your fingers ARE or are NOT moving on that keyboard, and more importantly if your NOT using those keyboard shortcuts that they are hammering into your discombobulated little noggins...God forbid you get caught using that little furry mouse, you're ...

DQS/Internet Explorer Version 8
Dec 07, 2010

Is anyone using their home computer with the newest version of Internet Explorer and finding it is comatible with the new version of DQS?  After we updated I heard people were having problems with the two not being compatible and even support told me that but wondered if since the fixes were there anymore issues? ...

Webmedx New Version Questions
Feb 28, 2011

Hello, wondering if there are folks out there who are working in Wmx New (not ISR) that I can ask some questions of?  My company starting using New and we're having lots of problems that Wmx has not been able to solve.  To start with, do you use IT, Shorthand, or something else? ...

Book Of Style Version 3
Nov 02, 2011

I have a question for those working for a hospital as an employee in-house or at home.  I work at home for a hospital and we were told we must buy our own book of style version 3 but still expected to maintain high QA status.  There is only 1 book in-house for all to share.  I would think that the company should invest in buying each employee this book to improve production and it would be a positive move.  They refuse to do this.  I brought it up in a meeting and told t ...

Shorthand 9 Version And Windows 7
Nov 15, 2011

Has anybody used Shorthand Version 9 word expander program with Windows 7?  Would love to hear if you were able to use Version 9 or had to upgrade to Version 10.  Thanks!! ...