A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

We're in the driver's seat, so why aren't we driving? - sm

Posted: May 21, 2015

A national work stoppage of 2 days would be sufficient to arrest the downward spiral and bring MTSOs to a bargaining position.  So, why hasn't it happened?

I guarantee you that none of the horrible consequences that you might believe would happen would occur.

Everyone could just call in "sick". There's - no way they can prove we arent.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Laws - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember reading somewhere a while ago that there were laws both for and against non-union workers who strike (for lack of a better word). This was the only thing I could find. This is not the article I read initially, but this does seem to have more info in it.

What I would love to see instead of - MT Week is...

[ In Reply To ..]
#NO MT WEEK! If we got some buzz about a work stoppage a year from this week, who knows what might happen. It would be nice to have a national spokesperson (Old Pro, are you available?), but in the meantime visit your local hospitals, meet with local representatives politicians, news outlets, lobby, write letters, any little thing you can do to raise awareness. I just don't know how low we have to sink before we try to fight back.

These companies and hospitals must still need some of us yet, and really, wouldn't you rather be doing this than groveling for a few extra pennies with stupid puzzles and games?

Plan to not work this week next year, either by PTO, being "sick" or whatever. If enough buzz starts, who knows, it might not even have to come to that.

#NO MT WEEK

man oh man how we all think alike - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Literally in the same words. It's almost eerie.

Similar Messages:

Need Driver For Kensington Trackball (sm)
Feb 11, 2015

I need the driver for the old Kensington Orbit trackball, model #64226.  I purchased a couple of these as I remember they worked better than any other I'd used.  Windows Vista could not find a driver for it so I contacted Kensington tech support who said they have not made that driver since 2006 and no longer provide it, or another driver that will get it working correctly.   In searching for this driver I've found a companies claiming they have it for download but turn ...

Seed Or Seat
Dec 09, 2009

During cardiac cath, the guide would not seat well?  or seed well? ...

Infinity IN-USB-1 Driver For Windows 7 (running XP Mode W/ Winscribe)
Jan 13, 2010

I've got Windows 7 Professional on my laptop, and have XP mode set up and running.   I'm using WinScribe and my problem is that XP mode doesn't seem to recognize my foot pedal, but everything else in WinScribe is working great on 7.  Does anyone have a driver that I can get a link to?  Or, is there a new foot  pedal I should look into for this purpose.   I cannot for the life of me find a website with a legitimate driver download and with it bein ...

Bus Driver Said She Graduated From Medical Billing/coding School
Sep 25, 2012

and the reason she's driving a bus is because she hasn't been able to find a job as a coder since graduation. I asked her if she took her certification exam yet, and she said no. I didn't say anything but maybe this is the reason why she hasn't gotten hired yet. ...

Drug: S/l Assist-toe-seat-a-leen
Nov 28, 2009

The patient was placed on 20-hour infusion of _____ per infusion protocol.  S/L assist-toe-seat-a-leen. ...

Driving Me Crazy!
Dec 03, 2010

This physician, not a resident either, is SPELLING words like -- no joke -- chest, lungs, abdomen and with every date, telling me to put the slash marks in.  Whatdehay does he think I'm getting paid for?  I am supposed to know s-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g !!!!  oh my goodness.  I just had to tell someone that understands. Thanks for listening. ...

Driving Me Crazy!!
Dec 30, 2010

I wish there was a program for MTs that would take "..um.." out of dictations.  ...

NJA Driving Me Crazy
Feb 28, 2011

I'll take terrible ESLs, 30-second reports - anything over NJA.  Makes me crazy.  I sit here, hands hovering above the keyboard, breath bated, just waiting for a job - any job.  The transcription schools keep churning out grads, and those grads keep posting on these forums, asking who's hiring?  where can they find work?  who hired newbies? - but even veterans don't have work.  How am I supposed to pay my mortgage?  ...

This Is Driving Me NUTS!!
Dec 15, 2011

When I am transcribing, I am hitting some key combination that is turning my type to all caps.  It's not the caps lock or it would show it was on.  Transcribing as fast as all of us do it is impossible to figure out what I am hitting to make this happen.  Does anyone have any ideas???  So appreciative!!! :) ...

What Successful MTs Are Saying To Each Other When You Aren't Around
Jun 28, 2012

The "When You Aren't Around" part is just to get your attention. I know that many of you are also successful MTs. There are many others who believe they are and will argue until the cows come home to convince us that they are, when they aren't. Most successful MTs have seen the ones I'm talking about. I've been a successful MT for years. Throughout the years I've known a lot of MTs, some managing to get jobs and somehow keep them because of connections or friendships, o ...

Driving Me Crazy!!!
Dec 04, 2012

I never do this.  I always figure the anonyances are part of the job, but this is making me CRAZY!!! I have a NP who dictates 15-20 min dictations and really only should be about 5 mins.  I have to speed her up like crazy.  Her favorite thing is the dictate at the busiest station around and pauses FOREVER because she's sooooo nosy and has to make sure she listens to everyone elses conversations around her. Seriously?  Are we 13 yrs old and in junior high now???  ...

So If Demographics Aren't Important Enough For The
Jan 20, 2010

Why are we getting multiple e-mails about spending extra time on them because HIPAA is so important these days?    ...

An MT Supervisor Told Me (Regarding MTs Who Aren't Doing Well)
Mar 12, 2010

An MT supervisor told me that when they aren't happy with an MT's work because they aren't following instructions or are getting sloppy, they just take them off the schedule. Sometimes they do it gradually and other times leave them with little or no work. They keep the work for the MTs who are doing the best job with the least fuss. Interesting. ...

Buch Of Vipers Aren't We
Aug 23, 2010

I am sooo sick and tired of the "snping and snarking" on this board and it is ALL over - I  have been an MT for 30+ years and seen this profession "dowm the crapper".  I live in Miami  -- AVERAGE rent for a one bedroom @1200.  Can I make it, can I get food stamps  -NO but I am supporting the "illegals who can in this country.  America  - I am sick and tired of "I  CANT LIVE OF LEFTOVERS because of hubby or S/O  -- guess what, having to move, and I mak ...

QA Driving Me Kinda Nuts!
Jul 02, 2012

The comments seem extremely picky to me and almost harrassing.  It seems I cannot do anything right.  Really tired today and it's been a bad day overall and now this.  just needed to vent.  I have a feeling I have not heard the last from the QA lady that hovers over me all day.  Thanks for listening. ...

WORD HELP Driving Me Crazy!
Jul 13, 2012

I have a doctor who says this all the time:  Three views bilateral foot were obtained.  I always want to change it to bilateral feet.  Which is right foot or feet?   ...

Hope There Aren't Any San Fran MT's Out There!
Nov 05, 2014

San Francisco voters approved a bill to raise the minimum wage to $15 yesterday!  I hope no Nuance MT's live there (HA! Like a Nuance MT could afford to live in the most expensive city in the US).  At the current line rates for editing, they'd have to produce over 375 LPH to not have make-up-pay!  I don't know for certain that Nuance has a federal contract, but assuming they do for their Dragon software (or speech recognition software, period), I wonder wonder if N ...

All The Things We Do That Aren't Production
Dec 08, 2014

Here's the thing that gets me.  We have a punch in for production or continuing education, but what about all the general stuff we do that we either have to do on our own time, or if we do punch in, it will go against our production rate.  And it may be that it is just a small amount of time everyday, but the fact is the salary people don't have to read their emails or maintain their computer systems on their own time.  We have our Quality person who is maintaining a boo ...

MTs Aren't Eligible For Choice Plus And Can Only Get The HRA Plan?
Oct 08, 2010

Wow, it doesnt' say on the website that MTs aren't eligible for Choice Plus and can only get the HRA plan.  What a huge disappointment to work 90 days and find that out.  I am super bummed...     ...

Why Aren't The Archives In Date Order?
Oct 31, 2011

Looking through archives here for info on a couple of companies, who uses ChartNet and so forth... there is NO order to the way posts are listed.  Why is that?  It should be an easy fix and soooooooooo helpful! ...

Orthopedic Word...driving Me Crazy...help Please!
Feb 15, 2012

Orthopedic foot examination....discussing radiographic findings and he is clearly stating anciopathic/enciopathic....have searched and only gotten a result of angiopathic, which is not what he is saying. Am I having a complete mental block or are my ears decieving me??   Complete phrase states: "Radiograph shows a Haglund deformity and just the subtle start of some anciopathic changes at the insertion of the Achilles tendon." ...

Can You Succeed In Coding If You Aren't Good At MT
Apr 05, 2012

I'm very interested in learning new things. I have a certificate in cosmetology, an associate degree in business admin/microcomputers (worthless now because I learn pre-windows), had a real estate license (couldn't make money in my area), a dental assitant diploma (can no longer work in the field due to a latex allergy and a hip replacement due to a tumor), and a MT certiificate. All the other fields academically I did VERY well at but MT was a struggle for me because I could never dev ...

My Drink Game Word Was 'driving'
Oct 15, 2012

Grrrrrrrrr! This Doctor Is Driving Me Nuts!!
Aug 02, 2013

ESL, after saying the headings, repeats them along with adding a few more words, but it still means the same damn thing, says "umm you know" after almost every other word, keeps saying "feeded" instead of fed. VR has not learned him at all, so I'm having to delete every other word and all the "umm you knows".  13 minutes worth of this crap.  And 20 minutes later I'm not even done with it yet. This is going to be a very long day......... Can't forget about getting paid h ...

How Would You Explain Why You Aren't Working At This Time?
Aug 30, 2013

I was terminated in March and now I cannot find a job. I have been working for 31 years, and this past account was a disaster. (I worked for 2 years at this company but moved to another account and had to learn so many, many things, and one of the docs were so bad, that when I asked for help I instead got a critical error. The TSM's seemed to not like me and would not help me learn VR (because my immediate supervisor went on leave of absence). So I ran out of work after 5 hours every day a ...

Time Scheduler Is Driving Me NUTS!
Dec 01, 2014

Where did they get her?  She has NEVER gotten an entry right on my time card!  Every time we have had technical downtime, she has screwed it up; adding the wrong times, deleting my punches, and replacing them with something she apparently made up.  I have e-mailed her specific times I worked, in a list format.  All she had to do was make sure it matched.  She can't even do that right!  We went back and forth in e-mail 4 times, before I finally gave up and made ...

Listed Under Supplement/herbals ... S/l "leb A Tress Seat A"
Oct 25, 2012

? ...

QA Driving Me Nuts. I Dont Mind Criticism But
Jul 24, 2012

Seriously how do you mark me for not putting a comma in when I have a QA marker preceeding it..Obviously I missed a word, the dictator rots, sorry..So instead of adding all that extra crap in..If you had just stuck to what I put, I may have learned something..Instead, my mind is going in 90 directions and I marked it as read and moved on..Waste of my time.  And when I put one through QA for a repeat word I feel I should know and just have never heard it or cant document it, then I NEVER see ...

Aren't Bonuses Supposed To Be Paid Out Tomorrow?
Jul 30, 2013

Aren't bonuses supposed to be paid out tomorrow?  I went on to ADP because normally your check that is coming will show up a day or two in advance and there is nothing there so I guess that means no bonus.  I got one last time and I thought this will probably the last one I ever get with this company due to the new errors that I have all of a sudden started making after 15 years of typing.  ...

Dictator Ranting About How His Stats Aren't Typed
Nov 30, 2013

I just had a dictator rant to me about how none of his stat reports are being typed in an urgent fashion. The thing is, he only dictates that they are stat reports, saying "this is a priority report" on his dictations, but never marks the reports themselves as stats so they end up being distributed as regular dictations. It looks like someone wasn't paying attention in training. He must think we all have telepathy and know what is dictated in a report before even getting them. ...