A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone ever seen the movie White Noise? Do you ever think of it while typing? - Just askin

Posted: Sep 29, 2012

Sometimes while typing I hear a strange noise in the headphones and think of this movie.  Just wondering if it was only me.

That's how they monitor keystrokes and mouse clicks, and know when you go pee. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

White Noise In My Headphones??
Mar 08, 2011

I have alot of white noise in my headphones. I just started transcribing for a new doc- he speaks very very low- almost mumbles.... and I cant even hear what he says sometimes- when I turn up my earphones.. the whitenoise gets worse.  is there a brand that is best for reducing the noise?? or what i should be looking for.   ...

6' 8" White Male Or 6 Foot 8 Inch White Male?
Dec 09, 2009

I have not run across the patient's measurements before and have no clue of the proper way to type them. tia.   6' 8" white male or 6 foot 8 inch white male? ...

S/l Derry White Syndrome, And Not Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
Jun 14, 2010

Can't find this, gets infections and cellulitis because of this syndrome, TIA ...

Quirky Movie That Reminds Me Of Transcriptionists
Aug 08, 2010

This movie is called "The Gleaners and I." It's a French movie. It's all about people who "glean" things that other people throw away, and survive that way. I was thinking about that earlier this evening. My queue was emptied out, but I decided to just wait around for a little bit. Another job did come in, about $1.50 worth of lines. Then I wondered, was it worth waiting 25 minutes to do that. That equals about $3 an hour. It made me think about what length you will go to just to get a ...

A Movie With An Interesting Parallel Theme
Sep 15, 2013

playing on TV right now.  It's called "Patterns".  It's a 1956 movie about a big business, and the main theme seems to be how this formerly successful, ETHICAL business now run by the less-ethical son of the original owner, and a 62-year-old Vice President, Mr. Briggs, is being forced out by continual harrassment and abuse.  Listen to Mr. Briggs' speech about what has happened to the business, and why he won't be forced to resign.  It sure rang a bell wit ...

What Is That Snapping Noise?
Jan 25, 2013

I hear it occasionally, but on one dictator it's really bad.  It's hard enough to hear him.  He talks at the speed of light, runs his words together, moves away from the mouthpiece and his voice fades into oblivion, then that blasted snapping noise on top of it all.  I can't turn up the volume because it kills my ears.  What is it? ...

Noise-cancelling Headsets
Oct 13, 2009

Can anyone recommend a noise-cancelling headset?  Having to share an office with someone that is not doing transcription and has conference calls on speakerphone a lot!!!  Thanks, in advance. ...

Noise-Canceling Headphone
Jan 13, 2011

Which is the best noise-canceling headphone available now. It should Completely Block All External Noise Coming From Surrounding the System (TV, Satellite Radio, Home Theatre, etc) to do Medical Transcription in a calm setting via the headphone. ...

Best Noise Cancelling Headphones?
Mar 11, 2012

I am looking for a good set of noise cancelling headphones- i don't want the kind that you have to switch on because i always forget to turn them off and the batteries die.  My friend has a great set of Sony headphones that go over the ear and totally block out sound.  I don't think they make them any more, however.  They were sonyMDR-V600.  But if anyone knows of a good brand that is comfortable over the ears and the head and fits snugly (but not too snugly) and bl ...

Noise Canceling Headphone
Mar 20, 2012

Does anyone know what company makes a good quality pair of noise canceling headphones? ...

Noise Canceling Headphones
Nov 13, 2014

Can someone recommend a brand of noise cancelling headphones that fit over the ears, not earbuds, that work well and do not hurt your head? I've found they either don't work at canceling out the noise (we have limited in space in our apt and I have to work in the family room which is noisy) or they hurt bad because I have to wear glasses and they press on those and squeeze my head. Thanks! ...

"Skip The Scary Movie Marathon And Work Overtime!"
Dec 13, 2013

Anyone else get a status update that included "Skip the scary movie marathon and work overtime"? Them constantly asking for OT is what's scary and full of horror!  But I need the money, so I guess I'll batten down the hatches and "find an hour or two before or after my shift" to help them out!  Heaven forbid the managers ever hop on and transcribe!  But I know they don't because when you ask them a simple question about account specs, they have no clue!  If ...

New Movie Release: "The I-M*Modal-ityville Horror"
Feb 09, 2012

Coming soon to a workspace near you.  ...

Noise Cancelling Feature Headphones
Sep 03, 2011

I need a good, relatively inexpensive headset that has a noise cancelling feature.  Any recommendations? ...

Buzzing Noise With Express Scribe
Jan 30, 2012

Today I am having a problem with a buzzing noise on Express Scribe.  As soon as I press Play, I hear a really loud buzzing noise that continues even when a file is not playing.  Help!  My head cannot take much more of this.   ...

Noise Cancellation Software Help Needed
Jul 05, 2013

Hello,Can anyone help me with a background noise problem.  I am on a search to find software that will help eliminate background noise in my audio files -- which are beyond terrible. They are mostly phone interviews and the static and white noise drowns out the voices.  Does anyone have experience with Audacity or Wavepad? If so, how well do they work?  Or any other suggestions that you might have.Thanks!Judy ...

Headphones That Eliminate Background Noise?
Mar 14, 2015

Does anyone have recommendations for headphones that eliminate background noise? Do they exist? I am so tired of hearing one doctor dictate in the background of another!! ...

My Son Gave Me Noise Cancelling Earphones For Christmas!
Dec 27, 2011

It was probably the sweetest present he's ever given me!  He and his sister and three friends are playing "Rock Band" in the living room, two rooms away, right now, and I can hardly hear them while I'm working!   What a son! ...

Okay. I Know As MTs We Have To Listen To All Kinds Of Noise From Doctors Dictating, But Sm
Mar 22, 2013

if I have to listen to this guy belch loudly into my ear one more time, I'm going to have a melt down.  I really wish I could tell him he needs to see a gastroenterologist, cause he really has a problem with this!!   ICK!  ...

Can You Elimate Back Ground Noise Using Express Scribe?
Jul 13, 2010

Hello, I am new to using Express Scribe and it has been a great program so far!  I was just wondering if there was a way to eliminate back-ground noises so you can better hear the dictator?? a way to isolate the voice?   Just wondering- I have a alot of background noise- people, phone ringing, etc... thankyou! ...

Colonoscopy - S/L "movie" Prep??
Jan 19, 2010

"Movie" prep for colonoscopy? ...

Reduce Background Noise On The Receiving End Of A Transcription With Express Scribe?
Apr 30, 2012

Hi everyone - first post - am I in the right place. Seems Gab Board doesn't want to talk MT. I'm sure I will be visiting them alot also. Can someone tell me if you can reduce backround noise on the receiving end of a transcription with Express Scribe?? ...

White Count Help
Dec 30, 2009

Doctor is stating "white count is down to 24,000.2" (twenty-four thousand point 2).  How would you transcribe this.  TIA ...

White Count
Jun 14, 2011

when doc says white count of 5.3 this is to get expanded, is that correct? Also is it expaned to 53,000? ...

Patient Is An (s/l Un - Jay - Ven) White Male. Nm
Feb 03, 2010

almost sounds like unshaven but i've never heard a dictator say that ...

What's With The White Spaces In The Audio Bar?
Sep 08, 2010

Before, when I would upload a job, the audio bar would be completely blue. Now there are tons of white spaces in it.  Does this indicate time that the dictator was not talking, or is this a way for them to see how many times we lift our foot off the pedal? ...

White Talo Brittle?
Sep 20, 2010

During examination of the foot.  Doc says "Nails short, mildly dystrophic.  S/l white talo brittle.  Appear to be recently trimmed." ...

S/l Coloso White Matter Changes
Nov 29, 2010

"There are no periventricular or (coloso) white matter changes".  TIA! ...

White Count Was 7.3 Thousand?
Jan 24, 2011

This is probably a pretty basic one, but how would you correctly word this when a doc dictates a white count this way:  "7.3 thousand?" 7.3000? 7.3 thousand? other?   Thanks -- ...

The Sclerae Were/was White? (just Checking)
Feb 23, 2011

. ...