A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Noise canceling headphones - MLS

Posted: Nov 13, 2014

Can someone recommend a brand of noise cancelling headphones that fit over the ears, not earbuds, that work well and do not hurt your head? I've found they either don't work at canceling out the noise (we have limited in space in our apt and I have to work in the family room which is noisy) or they hurt bad because I have to wear glasses and they press on those and squeeze my head. Thanks!

Remembered one lady on this board recommended Bose - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and she loved them, but $$$. Target had some on sale, yet still for over 200 dollars. One does not have anything extra to justify the cost when just trying to live with all the injustices of this now so-called career that is in the toilet. Liked the plastic stethoscope type for years and if you push them in, they will drown out other noises. Yet at Transcription Gear, they changed the plastic to cheaper quality and absolutely hurt your ears. They used to be a rubberized tip. When I told this company, they stated that there were no refunds and I just needed to get used to them. My original ones were from IBM....but where is IBM nowadays...probably also in China, India, or the Philippines. Good luck.

noise canceling headphones - gonesoon

[ In Reply To ..]
Check dictation warehouse out of Chicago. I got mine there - don't know if they would be quiet enough for you, but they're by Soundtech ($18/pair). They don't squeeze the head. They have padding on the ear pieces that is about 1/4-inch thick.

earphones - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had mine now for 6 years, and they have taken a beating, averaging 10 hour days, plus I use them on my IPOD. Love mine. Ebay may have them cheaper.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-NC7-Canceling-Headphones-Neodymium/dp/B00L2I4W1C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1415898991&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+noise+canceling+on-ear+headphones+mdr-nc7

I have Bose QC 15 headphones and love them. sm - COMT

[ In Reply To ..]
They almost work too well. I do not hear people knocking on the door, but my dog is usually barking, so I know something is going on. They are a bit pricey, but in my opinion worth every penny.

Bose, meh! Absolutely no need to spend that kind - of money.

[ In Reply To ..]
When I got my NC headphones, I had the opportunity to test Bose against several other brands and found absolutely no advantage to the Bose.

I got the Solitude headphones, and they do a beautiful job - see link below.

P.S. They're very comfortable too. If you have a chance - to try different ones on, do it.

[ In Reply To ..]
Incidentally, I tried some that were not "over-the-ear" types, and that design just doesn't work well at all as you might expect.

Over-the-ear headphones do make the issue of comfort more important. One other thing that can be very hard to get used to is turning the darned things off when not in use so you don't go through batteries like water. I burned through some batteries before I got over the habit of just taking off my headphones and walking away.

Similar Messages:

Noise-Canceling Headphone
Jan 13, 2011

Which is the best noise-canceling headphone available now. It should Completely Block All External Noise Coming From Surrounding the System (TV, Satellite Radio, Home Theatre, etc) to do Medical Transcription in a calm setting via the headphone. ...

Noise Canceling Headphone
Mar 20, 2012

Does anyone know what company makes a good quality pair of noise canceling headphones? ...

White Noise In My Headphones??
Mar 08, 2011

I have alot of white noise in my headphones. I just started transcribing for a new doc- he speaks very very low- almost mumbles.... and I cant even hear what he says sometimes- when I turn up my earphones.. the whitenoise gets worse.  is there a brand that is best for reducing the noise?? or what i should be looking for.   ...

Best Noise Cancelling Headphones?
Mar 11, 2012

I am looking for a good set of noise cancelling headphones- i don't want the kind that you have to switch on because i always forget to turn them off and the batteries die.  My friend has a great set of Sony headphones that go over the ear and totally block out sound.  I don't think they make them any more, however.  They were sonyMDR-V600.  But if anyone knows of a good brand that is comfortable over the ears and the head and fits snugly (but not too snugly) and bl ...

Noise Cancelling Feature Headphones
Sep 03, 2011

I need a good, relatively inexpensive headset that has a noise cancelling feature.  Any recommendations? ...

Headphones That Eliminate Background Noise?
Mar 14, 2015

Does anyone have recommendations for headphones that eliminate background noise? Do they exist? I am so tired of hearing one doctor dictate in the background of another!! ...

Canceling Insurance
May 22, 2014

Howdy, My friend said the craziest thing today, that the MT company they were working for did not allow her to cancel her dental and short-term insurance at any time, it was not a qualifying event. Am I on planet Mars? I understand adding or changing is an issue, open enrollment and all that, but not being able to cancell? Please, someone tell me I am not nutty! ...

What Is That Snapping Noise?
Jan 25, 2013

I hear it occasionally, but on one dictator it's really bad.  It's hard enough to hear him.  He talks at the speed of light, runs his words together, moves away from the mouthpiece and his voice fades into oblivion, then that blasted snapping noise on top of it all.  I can't turn up the volume because it kills my ears.  What is it? ...

Noise-cancelling Headsets
Oct 13, 2009

Can anyone recommend a noise-cancelling headset?  Having to share an office with someone that is not doing transcription and has conference calls on speakerphone a lot!!!  Thanks, in advance. ...

Buzzing Noise With Express Scribe
Jan 30, 2012

Today I am having a problem with a buzzing noise on Express Scribe.  As soon as I press Play, I hear a really loud buzzing noise that continues even when a file is not playing.  Help!  My head cannot take much more of this.   ...

Has Anyone Ever Seen The Movie White Noise? Do You Ever Think Of It While Typing?
Sep 29, 2012

Sometimes while typing I hear a strange noise in the headphones and think of this movie.  Just wondering if it was only me. ...

Noise Cancellation Software Help Needed
Jul 05, 2013

Hello,Can anyone help me with a background noise problem.  I am on a search to find software that will help eliminate background noise in my audio files -- which are beyond terrible. They are mostly phone interviews and the static and white noise drowns out the voices.  Does anyone have experience with Audacity or Wavepad? If so, how well do they work?  Or any other suggestions that you might have.Thanks!Judy ...

My Son Gave Me Noise Cancelling Earphones For Christmas!
Dec 27, 2011

It was probably the sweetest present he's ever given me!  He and his sister and three friends are playing "Rock Band" in the living room, two rooms away, right now, and I can hardly hear them while I'm working!   What a son! ...

Okay. I Know As MTs We Have To Listen To All Kinds Of Noise From Doctors Dictating, But Sm
Mar 22, 2013

if I have to listen to this guy belch loudly into my ear one more time, I'm going to have a melt down.  I really wish I could tell him he needs to see a gastroenterologist, cause he really has a problem with this!!   ICK!  ...

Can You Elimate Back Ground Noise Using Express Scribe?
Jul 13, 2010

Hello, I am new to using Express Scribe and it has been a great program so far!  I was just wondering if there was a way to eliminate back-ground noises so you can better hear the dictator?? a way to isolate the voice?   Just wondering- I have a alot of background noise- people, phone ringing, etc... thankyou! ...

Reduce Background Noise On The Receiving End Of A Transcription With Express Scribe?
Apr 30, 2012

Hi everyone - first post - am I in the right place. Seems Gab Board doesn't want to talk MT. I'm sure I will be visiting them alot also. Can someone tell me if you can reduce backround noise on the receiving end of a transcription with Express Scribe?? ...

Hum In Headphones
Mar 08, 2012

I run my headphones through my speakers because I can get a lot more volume; however, I recently moved and now I seem to be getting a hum noise.  Everything is hooked up the same so not sure what the deal is.  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Are Headphones With USB Better?
Apr 17, 2012

Really looking for crisper sound but also need volume (now using a sound booster) .  One of my accounts is ridiculously low volume, and I can barely hear with the booster and volume maxed. Do you feel USB headphones have better quality sound?  If so, can you get the volume as high as if using a booster? ...

Need To Buy A New Set Of Headphones
Aug 28, 2013

I need to buy a new set of headphones and I was just wondering what are some of the good ones out there?  I bought a really nice set, but they don't fit into the comuter.  Thanks for any help you can offer! ...

Most Comfortable Headphones
Oct 15, 2009

Which headphones do you like the best in terms of comfort and quality? Some of the ones that fit inside the ears, the earbuds, make my ears sore. My boss suggested the noise-canceling kind that fit over the ears, but they are very expensive and they also look like they were be very heavy to wear. Any recommendations would be great, thank you. ...

Comfortable Headphones
Oct 18, 2009

I've always used just cheap stereo headphones but I want to try some of the ones that are made specifically for transcription. The problem is the kind that fit inside my ears can hurt, the ones that are more rounded buds and have foam on them. What headphones do you recommend that are comfortable inside the ear? I tried some recently from a fellow MT and I think they were made by Lanier but I can't remember, but they seemed comfortable. Is Lanier the best also for sound quality? I loo ...

Good Headphones?
Dec 03, 2009

Hi...My headphones bit the dust.  I like over-the-ear headphones.  It is hard to find a store that has a setup so you can listen to the sound quality.  What brands/models do you all like for better voice discrimination?  Thanks in advance. ...

Headphones. Can Anyone Suggest A
Dec 31, 2009

to buy, perhaps from Radio Shack or online?  The headset that came with my Bayscribe pedal is just a standard transcription headset.  Since many of the dictators think that whispering or talking with their mouths away from the microphone is acceptable, I need to upgrade.  Any help would be appreciated. ...

Interference With Headphones
Oct 23, 2010

Does anyone use a laptop with a wireless router and does it cause any interference on your headphones?  Sometimes my cellphone will cause a clicking/crackling sound in my headphones when it rings, so I'm wondering if a router will do the same thing.  Thanks! ...

Best Headphones/headset?
Oct 23, 2010

Hi, I'm taking classes right now to be an MT, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a really good brand of headphones or headsets?  Particularly, are there any out there that can boost sound quality? Thanks! ...

Decent Headphones
Jan 07, 2011

I just graduated and am starting the job search process. The headphones I used during school are pretty trashed. I want to get a decent pair that aren't super expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions/pair they really like? ...

Wireless Headphones
Sep 04, 2011

Does anyone have or know of where to get wireless headphones.  My cat has chewed through the wires of 3 sets of headphones (at $18 each its getting expensive).  After the first 2 sets I have been putting them in a drawer when not in use, but the cord sticks out of the drawer attached to the computer and she found her way around the box while I was watching TV and now my third set is gone.  Within seconds she chews right through the cord.  So, since there are wireless keyboard ...

Your Opinion - Best Headphones
Oct 11, 2011

Just wondering what kind of headphones are your favorites and why? I need a new pair but wanted some ideas of what everyone is using. ...

Where Is The Best Place To Get Headphones. I Like
Mar 08, 2012

the type like a stethoscope that go right into the ear that are plastic.  I dont like the aluminum ones.  Mine are just falling apart it seems.  I also have a dictator that hardly talks into the phone and I cant get the volume up any higher than their system so that is also a problem.  ...

Headphones Vs Earphones
Sep 24, 2012

I am having trouble with some cheap head phones or ear phones.  They sound muffled, but I have tried just about everything. I even had some Sonys and they were not that great.  Any suggestions on what ear phones are good to use transcribing? ...