A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Headphones that eliminate background noise? - JustKeepSwimming

Posted: Mar 14, 2015

Does anyone have recommendations for headphones that eliminate background noise? Do they exist? I am so tired of hearing one doctor dictate in the background of another!!

My Bose are wonderful at eliminating noise in MY background, - but I really do not think it is possible to

[ In Reply To ..]
To alter the environmental conditions that existed when and where it was recorded. You might try a polite note... Blank at (this time stamp) due to excessive background noise.

Headphones cannot do what you want - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Headphones that eliminate background noise obscure noise in your environment, not on the tape.

The only thing you can do about sounds in the dictator's background is to train yourself to focus on the dictator and not on the background.

The more upset about background noise you become, the more you will hear it.

Part of the MT's job has always been to deal with background noise. Doctors can't find places to dictate that are totally silent. Hospitals are crowded, noisy places. The phones are at nursing stations and other busy locations.

The doctor who is dictating also has to deal with that background noise. He has to concentrate in spite of it. He can't do anything about it, either.

Sony - NY MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I purchased my Sony 90% ambient noise reduction headset from Radio Shack. Model no. MDR-NC8. Paid about $40. Satisfied with the headset and have tried others in the past.

Similar Messages:

White Noise In My Headphones??
Mar 08, 2011

I have alot of white noise in my headphones. I just started transcribing for a new doc- he speaks very very low- almost mumbles.... and I cant even hear what he says sometimes- when I turn up my earphones.. the whitenoise gets worse.  is there a brand that is best for reducing the noise?? or what i should be looking for.   ...

Best Noise Cancelling Headphones?
Mar 11, 2012

I am looking for a good set of noise cancelling headphones- i don't want the kind that you have to switch on because i always forget to turn them off and the batteries die.  My friend has a great set of Sony headphones that go over the ear and totally block out sound.  I don't think they make them any more, however.  They were sonyMDR-V600.  But if anyone knows of a good brand that is comfortable over the ears and the head and fits snugly (but not too snugly) and bl ...

Noise Canceling Headphones
Nov 13, 2014

Can someone recommend a brand of noise cancelling headphones that fit over the ears, not earbuds, that work well and do not hurt your head? I've found they either don't work at canceling out the noise (we have limited in space in our apt and I have to work in the family room which is noisy) or they hurt bad because I have to wear glasses and they press on those and squeeze my head. Thanks! ...

Noise Cancelling Feature Headphones
Sep 03, 2011

I need a good, relatively inexpensive headset that has a noise cancelling feature.  Any recommendations? ...

Reduce Background Noise On The Receiving End Of A Transcription With Express Scribe?
Apr 30, 2012

Hi everyone - first post - am I in the right place. Seems Gab Board doesn't want to talk MT. I'm sure I will be visiting them alot also. Can someone tell me if you can reduce backround noise on the receiving end of a transcription with Express Scribe?? ...

EMR/EHR Vendors Want To Eliminate MTs
Mar 13, 2010

http://www.thehealthcareblog.com/the_health_care_blog/2010/03/its-not-about-meaningful-use-.html ...

Did They Eliminate The 'PAUSE' Command??
Dec 24, 2012

How would the doctors like it if every patient they saw paused for over a minute between words? Then they complain when we are out of TAT. Can they comprehend that for all the hours MTs are left sitting at their desks not producing because they are waiting and waiting for the next word to finally ooze from the dictator's mouths, they are delaying TAT for that report? I wonder if they are aware how much time we spend working while producing nothing. ...

Eliminate The MTSO - Thoughts?
Apr 09, 2015

For others who have had it with the miniscule wages, unreasonable expectations and unethical business practices, have you thought about working directly for the providers again?   What would it take to be able to do this?   Are all EMRs set up to receive dictation?  Anyone know how we would integrate our services with the EMR and the approximate cost? I would think that for providers who are fine with 24-hour turnaround, we could offer the same service they are receivi ...

What Is That Snapping Noise?
Jan 25, 2013

I hear it occasionally, but on one dictator it's really bad.  It's hard enough to hear him.  He talks at the speed of light, runs his words together, moves away from the mouthpiece and his voice fades into oblivion, then that blasted snapping noise on top of it all.  I can't turn up the volume because it kills my ears.  What is it? ...

Noise-cancelling Headsets
Oct 13, 2009

Can anyone recommend a noise-cancelling headset?  Having to share an office with someone that is not doing transcription and has conference calls on speakerphone a lot!!!  Thanks, in advance. ...

Noise-Canceling Headphone
Jan 13, 2011

Which is the best noise-canceling headphone available now. It should Completely Block All External Noise Coming From Surrounding the System (TV, Satellite Radio, Home Theatre, etc) to do Medical Transcription in a calm setting via the headphone. ...

Noise Canceling Headphone
Mar 20, 2012

Does anyone know what company makes a good quality pair of noise canceling headphones? ...

Buzzing Noise With Express Scribe
Jan 30, 2012

Today I am having a problem with a buzzing noise on Express Scribe.  As soon as I press Play, I hear a really loud buzzing noise that continues even when a file is not playing.  Help!  My head cannot take much more of this.   ...

Has Anyone Ever Seen The Movie White Noise? Do You Ever Think Of It While Typing?
Sep 29, 2012

Sometimes while typing I hear a strange noise in the headphones and think of this movie.  Just wondering if it was only me. ...

Noise Cancellation Software Help Needed
Jul 05, 2013

Hello,Can anyone help me with a background noise problem.  I am on a search to find software that will help eliminate background noise in my audio files -- which are beyond terrible. They are mostly phone interviews and the static and white noise drowns out the voices.  Does anyone have experience with Audacity or Wavepad? If so, how well do they work?  Or any other suggestions that you might have.Thanks!Judy ...

My Son Gave Me Noise Cancelling Earphones For Christmas!
Dec 27, 2011

It was probably the sweetest present he's ever given me!  He and his sister and three friends are playing "Rock Band" in the living room, two rooms away, right now, and I can hardly hear them while I'm working!   What a son! ...

Okay. I Know As MTs We Have To Listen To All Kinds Of Noise From Doctors Dictating, But Sm
Mar 22, 2013

if I have to listen to this guy belch loudly into my ear one more time, I'm going to have a melt down.  I really wish I could tell him he needs to see a gastroenterologist, cause he really has a problem with this!!   ICK!  ...

Can You Elimate Back Ground Noise Using Express Scribe?
Jul 13, 2010

Hello, I am new to using Express Scribe and it has been a great program so far!  I was just wondering if there was a way to eliminate back-ground noises so you can better hear the dictator?? a way to isolate the voice?   Just wondering- I have a alot of background noise- people, phone ringing, etc... thankyou! ...

VA Background?
Jun 06, 2011

What's "VA background?"  - voice something?  (It's in a job seeker's ad.)  Thanks. ...

Background Check
Dec 21, 2010

Has anyone out there not pass the background test through medquist ...

Will It Be A Big Disadvantage Not To Have ICD-9 Background
Apr 14, 2011

Also, which training/certification takes longer, the CCS or the CPC?  Thanks1 ...

Background Checks
Feb 25, 2014

Does anyone know if companies typically call your former employers for background checks?  I have jumped around a lot in the last several years for various reasons, and still looking for the right fit, but have applied to 10 different companies in 2 weeks and have only heard from 2. I'm wondering if my resume and recent work history is the problem. I'm an MT of 8 years, so lack fo experience is not the problem. Maybe it's the time of year? If I don't find something soon, ...

Background Interference
Jun 19, 2015

Hard to hear dictation today.  Motorcycle rally in town this weekend and they are driving up and down my street, which is a main street in the community.  Can't understand people saying that they can't hear a Harley.  I find them loud.  I was told  they put loud mufflers on them as a safety tool.  Have not been on 1 in probably 20 or more years. ...

Encompass - Background Check?
Oct 12, 2009

How are they to work for and do they do a background check? Thanks. ...

Need To Change Background Color
Oct 20, 2009

I work in Escription, word and need to change the background color from blue to something else. TIA ...

Billing And Coding With MT Background
Jun 15, 2010

I have a background in medical transcription however I am unable to sit in the same position (foot pedal - headset - typing) for any length of time.  I broke my neck many years ago and didn't know when I was in school that this was going to prevent me from doing this career on even a part time basis and after graduating with high honors and having great employee/employer relationships. I am wondering if it is feasible to do billing and coding with medical transcription in a home offic ...

DocQScribe - Background Color
May 04, 2011

Is it possible to change the background color to something other than white in DocQScribe? ...

Precyse Background Checks
Mar 27, 2012

I tested and passed with Precyse and was interviewed twice and offered a position and accepted.  I have received 3 acceptance letters, a start date, and an email stating my equipment is on the way.  I was called by HR saying they are getting ready to run the background check and wanted to know what charges I had to make certain it meshes with what they uncover.  Of course I am crazy anxious about this, but it also just all seems like a very chaotic hiring system.  Shouldn ...

Font Color/background
Mar 30, 2012

Morning....I have been having a lot of trouble finding a background/font color that does not strain my eyes.  Does anyone have one they love and would not mind sharing?  Thank you much! ...

Background Check For Coders
Apr 12, 2012

I was wondering about what on a background check would prohibit one from getting a job as a coder at a hospital.  I know the obvious, but what about a misdemeanor DUI from the late 1980s on an otherwise clean-as-a-whistle record with someone who has great credit to boot?  Would that be a deal breaker?  The applicant would have the preferred credentials in place and would otherwise be a good candidate.     ...