A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Learn to uh uh speak uh would you uh uh - sickofit

Posted: Sep 04, 2014

uh it's uh hard to type uh uh when uh you uh speak with uh uh all the pauses uh uh JERK.

Learn to speak - Faigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I have doctor like that on my primary account. In my case, he not only says uh, uh a lot he also says new paragraph, new paragraph, new paragraph at least 3 times in addition to saying period uh period, period, uh period. Major jerk!

Stutters - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've got a client who stutters all the time ... it really slows me down. I have to just sit and wait, and wait for the next word.

I loathe and despise listening to people stutter. - but at the same time am fascinated SM

[ In Reply To ..]
by listening to it. I guess it's kind of like a car or train wreck. You hate to look, but sometimes simply can't stop yourself from doing so.

This doctor I have is a major PITA to listen to, but it's almost fascinating to listen to her if I weren't under TAT limits.

There's times I'd like to just slap them right in the face, it's so irritating to listen to.

Learn to speak - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I just now finished transcribing a report in which at every pause, the doctor says "Hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold." How crazy is that?

Annoying and completely messes up the software - if you have a play silent function

[ In Reply To ..]
In EditScript and Dictaphone they have the play silent function that speeds through the long pauses like that. When the dictator says stuff like hold, hold, hold, hold, he's just messing that up. What a PITA.

Hold, hold, hold, hold ROFLOL!! - Thanks for sharing

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Uh, uh, uh.. - DiggerMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh my gosh, I have a dictator who is like that, and it is a female also. Her dictations are really long and every other word is uh, uh, uh, uh, and she speaks quietly. So very exasperating!!! Grrrrrrr!!

I have 2 docs - who "uh" and "paragraph"

[ In Reply To ..]
As far as I'm concerned, they can "uh" and "paragraph" 'til the cows come home.

Their dictations aren't all over the place. They usually spell out names. They're reasonably intelligible. They follow their own templates instead of jumping around. For "Dr. Paragraph," I just use common sense--not every new sentence calls for a a new paragraph.

Wow, talk about no sense of humor..:/ - Lighten up a little.

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Please!!!! Can You Idiots Learn To Speak The Language???
Apr 14, 2015

How is it that they expect such a high level of skill but want to pay us as unskilled labor?  I am so ticked listening to this one foreign idiot - I am typing it just like she says it!  I dare them to confront me about it?  You want it cleaned up - pay for it!!!  You want it to sound intelligent?  Pay me more than a high school student! ...

Need To Learn New Accounts Or Learn DEP
May 26, 2011

Just got an e-mail today that we have to learn new accounts with new account specifics, in addition to working on our present account. They are sending our present account to India, but still keeping some of it. I don't know which would be easier - volunteering for a new account or learning DEP. I was told that if we start to type on DEP, they will have to send us a new computer with new programs, because we can't have Cornerstone and DEP on the same computer (probably).  I did a ...

SPEAK UP
May 19, 2015

This one particular account I absolutely despise.  The dictators whisper.  Even with the volume turned all the way UP, it is a struggle to hear them.  Have reported this too many to count times with nothing being changed.  What a bunch of garbage.  This job just keeps on giving. ...

Anyone Else Been Set Adrift So To Speak? - Sm
Jun 14, 2010

It all started approximately a month ago with a note from CCM saying she was going on vacation.  Not a word from her since then. Letter from corporate saying I had a new CCM.  Wrote that person and got a reply that she would like to help me but I wasn't hers! Been well over two weeks since any word from QATL. I was on lockdown, now I'm not. I'm still on the same old accounts for the most part, with the same old CCM listed, but nobody seems to know it.  LOL Anyo ...

Speak Write
Jul 30, 2010

Has anyone heard of or worked for Speak Write? ...

I Think The Numbers Speak For Themselves. Sm
Apr 07, 2011

I just put some things together that are enlightening.  MQ/Spheris has 12,000 MT's in the U.S., not counting those overseas.  Transcend has 5,000 MT's in the U.S. and another 1500 in India.  Webmedx has 1200 MT's.  KeyStrokes has 600 MT's.  TT has 200 MT's.  Softscript has 200 MTs.  NEMT has 200 MT's.  Transolutions, or whatever they are called now, has 300 MT's.  Medware, again not sure what their new name is, has 3 ...

Is It Too Much To Ask For The Docs To SPEAK UP
Nov 03, 2012

How can we edit/transcribe if the volume is highest on the computer, ear phone amplifiers are on, and we STILL CANNOT HEAR!  If it comes straight typing and ASR cannot pick it up, why in heaven's earth does the doctor think I CAN HEAR. I cannot!  Are these docs being passive aggressive... Oh they don't realize?!  That is just MEAN, CRUEL.  Forget that I have to make a living wage, but think about just plain RESPECT.   This vent brought to you by me getting too ...

Can't Speak Properly
Aug 22, 2014

There are a couple of dictators whose grammar, pronunciation, and enunciation is so poor, you wonder if they actually need a translator in order to speak to their English-speaking patients. A translator that can translate poor English. That translator would be bilingual, that is, English-speaking and poor-English-speaking. Yes, it seems "poor English" is also a language of its own that only those who speak it can understand. ...

My Gosh Speak Up!!!
Apr 07, 2015

The low volume of the dictations even on 100% is driving me nuts!  I shouldn't have to strain to hear what you are saying. ...

What Is Your Favorite Example Of Corporate-speak
Sep 20, 2012

; ) ...

I Get Dinged Because A Doctor Can't Speak
May 21, 2013

I mean seriously this catering to their stupidy is starting to get old. Granted they aren't major errors. But, my theory is if they cannot give me the courtesy of even remotely completing a sentence, much less a paragraph here lately, I am sending it through. I know I can look at the repository and figure most of the stuff out, but that is a guess at best and not a chance I am willing to take with patient care. Sick of it!!! Unfortunately, my main offenders are 100% QA accounts so QA f ...

The Dictators Who Speak The Lowest
Mar 30, 2015

dictate in the noisiest areas. ...

What If Doctor Doesn't Speak English??
Mar 09, 2010

I'm trying to get an answer from my CCM regarding foreign doctor's dictation and this 5% QA submission. I type for two separate teaching hospitals and are constantly getting new foreign doctors, 3/4s of which cannot even speak English. I won't matter if I got copies of every single report they dictate, there would be no way not to send these reports to QA....are we getting any kind of special consideration towards our QA submissions for these doctors? My CCM I don't think has ...

Editing Of Dragon Speak Reports
Apr 12, 2010

Can anyone tell me if there is some sort of formula for pricing out the finall editing of a DragonSpeak report?  I am assuming that it would be much less than if it were priced for typing the entire file. thanks, bill ...

I Am So Sick Of Foreigners Who Can't Speak English!
Feb 14, 2011

They expect us to understand their Vietnamese, Chinese, Arabic, Indian, Filipino, Hispanic accents when they can't even put a simple English sentence together!  The hospitalists are the worst.  I think they hire them right off the boat from their overseas countries and put them to work in the hospitals-- probably as cheap as they can get them, and then put them on VR.  My MTSO increased their line requirements for this year and with over 30 years' experience, I struggle ...

Indian Dictators - They Can Barely Speak English
Jul 21, 2012

About half of the dictators from my new account are Indian, most of them mumblers, so I'm going crazy.  They can barely speak English.  Wondering why there are so many Indian dictators here?  ...

Just Noticed An Ad For Dragon Speak On This Site = FAIL! Or Am I Being Too Sensitive?
Nov 27, 2012

nm ...

Where Does One Learn
Apr 24, 2013

to be a legal transcriptionist?  Seeing more and more ads for this.  ...

Another Example Of SR Cannot Learn.In PE,Dr ALWAYS
May 03, 2013

VP always sticks "lower" onto the abdomen exam. Have to delete it from abdomen and add it to the PE subheading "Lower Extremities."  There is no other way to edit it, everybody has to edit it this way.  But SR keeps getting it wrong.  We all need to have a couple of these examples ready for when Phil the IT guy says it is US editing wrong that causes the program not to learn.  Or if you abbreviation says it is everyone with different editing styles causing the VR fiasco. ...

How Do I Learn Radiology?
Aug 22, 2010

What's the best way to learn Radiology? I have no experience in this specialty. Should I just wait until I get a new job and am in it for a while, then ask to be trained on a Radiology account? ...

How Best To Learn Pediatrics?
Nov 16, 2010

I've been an MT for decades, but am soon going to be involved in a project involving a large pediatric/children's hospital account, and I need to learn pediatrics.I am told that the main differences between peds and everything else have to do with normal lab values and medication dosages.Can you pediatrics experts refer me to any good reference websites and/or reference books that I could study to bring myself up to speed? Thanks! ...

Best Place To Learn
May 03, 2012

Hi All:  Been a CMT for a very, very long time and ready to get out of the business after losing thousands upon thousands these last few years.  Can anyone recommended a great on-line, at-home place to learn coding and become certified.  Can one be hired straight from a school these days?   Thanks :) ...

So Want To Just Transcribe Really??? Learn To
Sep 02, 2012

Not a good day thats for sure ...

How Do They Learn To Write That Way?
Sep 19, 2012

that say nothing?  I need to learn how to do that.  Can anyone explain why we have 2 different speech engines (that's what I gather from the email anyway, but I'm only a college graduate).  Two engines are better than one? ...

You Can Learn A Lot Looking At Job Audit
Nov 17, 2012

Hmmm this job has been "discarded" a few times.  Couple of jobs have been "discarded" by the same person.  "Discarded" happens when you log out.  Can also see what has been "abandoned", funny, the same names keep showing up.  Truth be told, these dictators they are dumping are not all that bad.  All that logging in and out and abandoning must make for a long day.  Sometimes the easiest answer is to just do the job. ...

Where Do They Learn To Spell?
Apr 29, 2013

The doc just spelled two drugs:   1. FLORASE 2. SPLRIVA   Flonase and Spiriva   What the????? ...

What A Lot Of People Here Need To Learn
Nov 22, 2013

Rather fitting.. ...

Wow Ms. PA Learn To Spell
Dec 31, 2013

Can't spell what is wrong correctly, continually spells it wrong at every turn, and pronounce the rest? Lots of blanks, I'm not leaving a misspelled word in there don't care how many times you spell it wrong. And who am I to correct them? ...

How Long Does It Take A VR Program To Learn?
Dec 08, 2009

It's almost 2 months now on Escript and I'm still straight transcribing more than VR. I can see a lot of ready for editing reports but I hardly get any, and not getting my lines either. Some days, I only get 2 short VR reports. I'm in a really foul mood lately because of it. I'm still averaging a combination of 800 lines a day, rarely more, usually less, and I refuse to work over my shift until I get the necessary daily lines. It's bad enough I wind up working ...

Ortho - Easy To Learn?
Mar 17, 2010

Hello!  I have been contacted to do some ortho backup which I have never done.  Just wondering how difficult this is to learn.  They tell me all docs are pretty good dictators.  TIA. ...