A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WebMedX employees BEWARE! - webmedx girl

Posted: Jul 19, 2011

My company was bought out by Nuance several months ago and it has turned into a complete nightmare!  Not only are the managers and sups arrogant and awful, but literally all the decent work has been sent to India and we are left with the dregs.  The benefits stink,  The people stink,  I feel so sorry for what you are in store for.  At the time of the buyout, we were told nothing would change.  That lasted for all of a month.  Then BAM!  Watch out!

US MTs are for doing the dirty work - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This is standard across all companies that outsource right now. It has always been the case for the more skilled MT. They were always assigned the harder accounts and work types, while lesser skilled MTs got the clinic work and such. However, there used to be a higher pay incentive for being very good at what you do.

I am not trying to be disrespecttul towards anyone here, but if you can't catch onto ESL's, don't hold your breath for it to get better. That is one of the only reasons US MTs will always be necessary. This, of course, is only my very humble opinion on the matter.

Employee beware - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
What has changed for you to make these vindictive remarks? Nothing you are saying is true. I have a great account, lots of work and a great TL. I couldn't be happier.

WebMedx - webmedx girl

[ In Reply To ..]
It is true, as my opinion. All the work is being funnel to India. Nuance is a publicly traded company. They move as much work as they can, and have overseas. It's all about please the shareholders.

Thank Goodness - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I just got hired at Nuance and have been freaking out after reading the horrible comments on here.

I thought the benefits package they offered was pretty sweet.

The company I am leaving does not give PTO to part time employees and then you are only allowed 10 HOURS of unpaid time off a year. I work 5 five hour shifts, so that translates into me never getting more than 4 days a row off, EVER.

I am so pleased to hear there are happy people working there.

So, if you are at Nuance, how IS the insurance, PTO, and Pay? - do tell please

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Job posting has all that info available - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't pay attention to the insurance because I don't need it. On a cursory glance it looked expensive for a family but reasonable for a single or 2 person family. Insurance is unreasonably priced no matter where you work (at least in this biz, hubby gets HMO free at his job).

PTO 5 days first year (starts accruing day 1 of employment). Accrual accelerates after 2nd year and then again after 3rd and 5th years.

Pay is, again, basically commensurate to industry standards (too low). I'll be honest I took a 0.05 cent pay cut to take the job. I feel sanity is worth more to me than half a penny. I can't work the rest of my life with NO vacation and a HORRIBLE schedule with NO work. I had switched from days to nights at my last job thinking there would be more work, alas that was not the case. NJA for the last two nights for 3 out 5 hours of my shift.

Let me clarify my previous jobs PTO benefit, there was none for part-time, which is fine; however, you are NOT allowed to take more than 10 lousy HOURS of unpaid time off in an entire YEAR. That is totally and completely unreasonable to expect people to NEVER take time off.

So feel free to tell me how stupid I am and how I will rue the day I accepted employment with Nuance. I personally feel I made a good choice and am very optimistic. I can do the hard ESL docs and prefer editing to straight typing anyway, so bring it.

Thank goodness - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, there are happy employees and, as I said, I am one of them. I have been with Nuance for over 3 years and I have seen lots of changes, all of them good. When I started there was no PTO, no benefits, no incentive plan; they have come a long way in 3 short years. I just don't know where the original poster is coming from. Welcome aboard! Work hard and you will be rewarded.
You did not tell us about the cost of benefits, etc. - I am a very hard worker
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
cost of benefits, etc - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I can't recall the cost of all of the benefits as I am fortunate to have health insurance coverage through my husband. I think they are comparable to others (obviously, nothing is cheap these days). They have a whole bunch of great options. The pay is pretty standard. I have enough work that I could work 7 days a week and sometimes I do if the spirit moves me. My TL is flexible and fair. I do make a decent living but we are a two income household and no kids left. I understand that some would say they can't make a decent living - but that is not just with Nuance - its everywhere. I think the biggest thing is to remember that the more familiar with an account one gets, the faster you can get the jobs done, plain and simple. Eventually, with familiarity you will be able to literally anticipate what the dictator is going to say and get 'er done. This is especially important to remember with ESL dictators. Even if they are poor, they tend to say the same thing and the program and you will "learn" and some of the frustration will be alleviated. The more you type, the more you earn, plain and simple.
Sounds okay to me. Everything is expensive, just breathing day to day! - I will wait and see. Thanks
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Sorry to say, but... - Webber
[ In Reply To ..]
This sounds a lot like management posting here. Of course everyone knows that the more familiar you are with an account the more work you will be able to do and be able to anticipate what they say. The problem lies with MTSOs constantly overhiring so that an MT can't get enough work on just one account and ends up bouncing back and forth between 4, 6, or more accounts constantly during the day--typing for hundreds or thousands of different dictators across these accounts in all different specialties and work types. You can't really anticipate what those dictators are going to say when you never get the same dictator from day to day. There are also many more factors that play into how much money you earn--sloppy dictators ruffling through papers, talking to nurses while dictating, putting you on hold, talking on their cell phone, forgetting where they are in the dictation and repeatedly dictating the same information over and over again, along with copy requests, missing demographic information, etc. It's not quite as simple as "the more type, the more you earn, plain and simple." It also doesn't work out to earning more money when your employer is constantly reducing your line rate. There is only so much I can physically type during the day--even with plenty of macros and expansions. Can't keep telling us to go faster and type more if we want to make more money to make up for that pay cut yet again.
It sounds nothing like management - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
There is not one post in this thread that sounds like management.

Someone liking their job is automatically management?? Come on. Obviously the 1 poster who works for Nuance has a good account and does well. Clearly it doesn't work like that for everyone but it doesn't make her/him "management."

If you disagree, fine, but seriously trying to discredit people for things you couldn't possibly know is getting really, really old.

Just my opinion, of course.

nothing like management - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for this post. I AM NOT management and I don't want to be. I have one good account and I make a living doing it. I wish that everyone could have the same.
If you know you're the exception rather than rule, why imply otherwise? NM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
x
How do you know? - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
How many employees does Nuance have?

Have you taken a poll and asked every one of those employees if they are happy or unhappy?

If you have not done that, then I can only assume you do not know what the exception or the rule is regarding job satisfaction.

This board tends to attract the venters rather than the blissfully happy (IMO). There is no way to have any sort of scientific evidence to assume any company mentioned on this board has more dissatisfied than satisfied employees.

Just sayin.

Entirely my personal opinion.
AMEN. All of these pro nuance statements - smell fishy...nm
[ In Reply To ..]
your post - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
Should read WORK like a "donkey/slave get those line counts in and you MIGHT be rewarded." HORRID COMPANY
I am a new Nuance employee of 10 days and love it - anon3
[ In Reply To ..]
I am part-time which is what I wanted, as I work part-time for another MTSO who is always running out of work and cannot seem to get it together to give me a second account... albeit I have close 99% and above QA, a high producer... what's up with that. Got tired of asking and waiting and applied to Nuance. I also do NOT get PTO at my other job but do here at Nuance...

I have plenty of work from a new account they have and most of it is straight typing right now. I much prefer VR as I can move faster with it, this after 25+ years as an MT. I am looking forward to it getting better. I have excellent communication with the Tl to the QA people... what's not to like. I tend to look at the glass as half-full rather than half-empty. This is coming from someone who once made over $40,000 a year and those days are gone, but I have learned to live on much less. I say, give it a chance! Everything you do in life has a lot to do with how you look at it and what you are willing to put into it!!
Anon3, you're kidding, right? We all do this for income. That's - the first, second, and third reason. Everything
[ In Reply To ..]
else is just details. You've "learned to live on much less" than $40K--?? $40 is already significantly less, and I just can't go lower. Based on that endorsement, giving Nuance "a chance" sounds like a terrible idea.
I always watch for people to try to use "smart" words wrong, and if they do, I know - to take with a grain of salt. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
No, I am NOT kidding... I have learned to live on less so I am not homeless - anon3
[ In Reply To ..]
Of course I want more money, but on the other hand they all (MTSO) pretty much have us over a barrel unless we want to work in fast-food, etc. I am 63-years old and have lived long enough to learn to "roll with the punches." I used to be a very angry person like so many of you that are younger (I am assuming). Heck, I have even quit jobs in my 43 years of working by just "blowing up" and walking out the door. What good did that do me, none. In my opinion the longer you live, hopefully you have gained some tools to adapt to what is. Believe me, I have plenty to be angry about, due to a severe car accident 3 years ago, in which I almost lost my life and left me with some disabilities. I have suffered with depression and anxiety most of my life due to a most dysfunctional family that consisted of physical, verbal and sexual abuse. But, I have always had this "light" inside me that chose to embrace life because I am not done living yet...

So, no I am NOT happy about averaging between $10-$12 an hour, which I made in 1994, but on the other hand what choice do I have. I am giving Nuance a chance after 10 days and if my line count does not improve significantly within 60-90 days, I am out of there and will be living on less again, but not grumbling about it... just don't have that kind of energy when it can be put to better use!
I'm just behind you age-wise, but I'm back in class planning - to make more money in a different position. You kn
[ In Reply To ..]
Anon3, many jobs requiring only a 6-month certificate pay beginners more than you sound like you're making.

BTW, in the 1970s I made $13-14/hour as a permanent Manpower temporary-service employee doing clerical work. Prices for a LRM/FRM/3BRMN family home in Los Angeles were going up, but they were still selling in respectable family neighborhoods for under $100K. Compare that to what's going on now. We've always lived simply, have literally never purchased a new car, not because we couldn't afford to but because neither of us wanted to. Same for most appliances and furniture--I like antiques. When we travel, our preference is to eat and stay in modest, local accommodations and stay away from tourist areas. Etc. Even if I can technically afford to, I will not spend 40 hours a week working for an inappropriately low income.

In any case, neither "taking" it over a barrel or competing with teenagers for unskilled positions is anything any of us has to do to ourselves. We all have the ability and choice to move to a field paying more. Including at our age.

I do think you have the right idea on being ready to walk in any case, though. That's the only kind of grumbling that makes a difference.
Anyone who has been at Nuance over 3 years - is management.
[ In Reply To ..]
...end of story...
anyone - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
No! Not end of story. I have been there for over 3 years and NOT management. Why ask that and why so sarcastic? Why can't some of you just accept that fact that Nuance is a decent place to work and that we are happy there. Believe me, I won't have any trouble enjoying my incentive check when it hits my account on Friday.
Ah! An interesting word--incentive! Would love know - more about that, if you would be so kind. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I want my MTSO to pay me an incentive for anything I say nice about them. - I may learn to love them. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Nuance 3 years - noyb
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh really? Do you speak from experience? I've been there since 2008, am not management (MT/QC)and like my work and the people I work with. Why is it when someone likes their job they are a suit or management? I wouldn't want their headaches. You don't speak for me or anyone else.

IMHO

Sure they are happy... - if they are management! nm

[ In Reply To ..]

LOL. Yeah, RIGHT. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I worked for Encompass for over 9 years... - hmmm....

[ In Reply To ..]
and never even thought of leaving until they were bought out by Nuance.

There was a reason for that.

Similar Messages:

Questions For Webmedx Employees...
Oct 09, 2011

I'm trying to decide if I want to joint the Webmedx team and would love to ask a couple questions before speaking with the recruiter. During a typical day do you know if the next job you are pulling from the "pool" will be either straight transcription or VR?  Does it bounce between the 2?  Would you say it is 50/50? Say you are hired p/t, does that mean you can work any 4 hours in a 12 hour window? Could you work more if you if you want to? Appreciate answers to any/ ...

Webmedx Employees--question About Slowness
Jun 11, 2010

Hi fellow Webmedxers... Just got a new computer AND started on New Version Enterprise.  Issues galore, the biggest being slowness--what I mean is it seems like when I start transcribing fast as usual, the software (?) struggles to keep up with me and slightly pauses here and there and then misspells words--it's driving me CRAZY.  I'm usually a high producer but right now that's gone to pot.  Anyone know exactly WHAT is causing this craziness--the new computer ...

Webmedx Employees ... Are You Happy? Would You Recommend Them?
Jul 25, 2010

In doing a search, I did not see many recent posts.  Thanks in advance!! ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

BEWARE OF K$R
May 06, 2010

It takes you all day to get your line count.  They do not pay anything.  VERY RUDE!!  They want you to work ALL day and hound you if you dont. ...

Beware Of The Big Three
Jan 06, 2012

I have a friend whose relative is a one of those aspiring Wall Street'ers and he was interested in hearing about my work as an MT.  He had done some research and looked at the publicly traded companies in our industry.  With the growth of an ageing population the documents we provide is more and more needed.  But that also creates a potential for a takeover of publically traded companies.  Just my (or his) opinion. ...

Beware ANP
Sep 10, 2012

I recently responded to an ad on Craig's List for an MT medical editor because I'm interested in getting into that. I got a test and a bunch of info back from a Larry Perrone of ANP Transcription. Fortunately I googled ANP before doing anything and there are piles of complaints here and at other sites about them not paying MTs. I sent Mr. Perrone some samples of comments MTs wrote about their habit of not paying us and told him I won't be working for them. So beware! I guess ...

TTS - IC's Beware!
Aug 01, 2013

I'm sure we are all aware, but if considering employment with them be VERY careful. I have gone round and round for days with them that legally they cannot require a schedule of an IC...but they don't care, one bit. Told me to look elsewhere then, after passing their testing, etc. I cannot believe a company this supposedly big does not even try to care when this issues is addressed to them, makes me want to report them. I know many companies that have been fined for this exact thing an ...

Beware IC Ads
Aug 14, 2014

I'm not sure why I'm still here, ever posting on this board or answering these "employment" ads, but here I still am as are these readers. I have now answered 3 ads over the past several months and received 3 positive responses and took the jobs. (Consider air quotes around the word "jobs" every time you see it, please). I have 32 years of experience and type approximately 350 lph. (I know, I don't really type 350, and I didn't really type 475 lph when we did "gross" l ...

Beware On Call....
Feb 20, 2010

***** hires subcontractors and pays out of her personal checking account.  Says she pays every week, but does in the beginning then things happen......wrong postage used on check, somebody else got your check, wrong address, etc.  Several weeks late and then cannot leave voice message, does not answer IM or email.  On Call does not care because we work for BS and not for him.  Do not work for these people.  This happened to at least 2 MTs in the past 4 months. ...

DIT TRANSCRIPTION - BEWARE ALL NEW MT'S
Mar 18, 2010

BEWARE ALL NEW MT'S. DIT TRANSCRIPTION PREYS ON YOUR DESIRE TO WORK RIGHT OUT OF SCHOOL. THEY DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT PAY ON TIME. YES THEY SAY THEY PAY AND THEY DO PAY.....ONCE A MONTH....FOR ONLY TWO WEEKS OF PAY......THEN THEY STOP PAYING ALL TOGETHER. DO NOT LET THEIR NICE AND SWEET MESSAGES FOOL YOU. THEY ARE BEHIND IN PAYING SEVERAL MT'S THAT HAVE QUIT BECAUSE OF NOT PAYING. I FINALLY GOT A NEW JOB AND THEY STILL OWE ME SIX PAYCHECKS. THEY DO NOT RETURN MY MESSAGES AND WILL NO ...

Inscribe - Beware
Jun 22, 2011

There are reasons why a company has to keeping hiring for the same positions over and over again. Inscribe is that company.  Most of the Tx are IC's but are forced to do the work of employees, i.e., training new transcriptionists, editing their work, being on call 24 7, computer-generated phone calls telling Tx's to get online any time of day or night, being on instant messenger AIM while transcribing in order to be able to help new people while you are transcribing - ...

Keystrokes Beware!
May 06, 2011

Beward of KS.  Worked there 4 years, went to a new account, been on it barely a month and now let go without warning.  No job! ...

BEWARE - DO NOT APPLY
Jul 25, 2011

I would totally be leery of this job.  They are liars and cheats and are always wanting you to work your days off and over, but pay you NO OVERTIME!!  THIS COMPANY SUCKS AND DOES NOT GIVE A RATS BEHIND ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES.   I have worked there 4 years and never got a raise, much less any respect for the 21 years I have worked as an MT.  They have no respect for their employees.  I WOULD NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.  THE REVIEWS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES......... ...

BEWARE OF THE TRANSCRIPTION DR.
May 23, 2012

If you are an MT or MTE or QA or a client of The Transcription Doctor, BEWARE!   After working for them for ten days, editing over 300 minutes of VR dictation, they sent me a check for $3.00!  And, they will not pay what they owe me.  ...

Babbletype - BIG BEWARE!
Dec 12, 2012

I would have to say a BIG BEWARE!! ...

Beware Of Precyse
Nov 07, 2014

Beware of this company when interviewing as the interviewer puts words in your mouth that you never had said.  Be very careful and write down all you say to the intereviewer during the process.  What a waste of my time interviewing, passing the test, etc.   ...

Beware Of Spy Posts Today
Mar 02, 2010

I know for a fact that MQ spies for management are posting on this board today.  If you do not recogize the poster's name do not reply.  Especially do not reply via email as they may be able to identify you via your email address and they will have you in their sights.  Management has always monitored this board, but today they are posting.  Go carefully my friends. ...

BEWARE Probity-Stay Away From
Oct 28, 2011

When you're a new hire, you have to produce perfect reports after only given 12 using 50 pages of platform and account specifics on top of not having your trainer show up for sessions and an inept IT staff only to get fired. ...

Ad Posted By Med-Scribe BEWARE
Mar 05, 2012

Beware of that ad posted by Med-Scribe about 5% bonus for doing nothing.  If you signed a confidential agreement or any sort of noncompete with your employer whether an IC or employee you can be held liable for sharing company/client information.  Proceed with caution.  Just my 2 cents. ...

BEWARE AND BE SURE You Are Truly An Independent Contractor
Aug 31, 2012

BEWARE AND BE SURE you are truly an Independent contractor. This info is available on the IRS.GOV website (type Independent contractor in the SEARCH box and then click on IC defined). I was going to work for a company who later informed me that i would be REQUIRED to look up patient information that was not dictated by going to a different website and searching thru the paperwork looking for the information. I know from experience that doing this seriously cuts into My Line Count and MY PAY. I w ...

Beware Of Nontranscription Jobs
Sep 24, 2012

I've got one now that I will be lucky to get through the next hour and a half of cell phone conversations and can't even make out the speakers or when they change. It's a bunch of garbled noise and for 6.5 cpl. Not going to stay with this one. ...

Thinking About Becoming A Transcriptionist? Beware
Dec 31, 2012

Beware:  If you are thinking about becoming a Medical Transcriptionist ask yourself these questions first - Do I like working every weekend and Holiday?  Do I like working more than 80 hours a week to just barely make more than $10/Hr.?  Do I like having to worry about losing my job in a year or two to a computer?  If your answer to any of these questions is no, than you might want to reconsider becoming a Medical Transcriptionist.  The perk of working at home has lost i ...

Mediscribes Ad - Beware - Bad Company.
Feb 06, 2013

Just quit there. Seriously lacks organization. Their India "allocation" team throws bits and pieces at you, very low volume, but then hammers your IM to death. Example, a 12 minute report is assigned, I would just get started on it and within less than 10 minutes they want to know where it is. WTF?! If the 2 US managers are out of the office and the India team is in charge, it's a nightmare. Then, even if the US managers are there, it's slim pickins as far as volume goes and then they ...

Beware When Applying To M*Modal
Jul 11, 2013

You can do with this info whatever you see fit, but I'm just sayin'...if you're applying w/M*Modal, they will not even consider you if you've EVER been terminated. They do not even consider any circumstances whatsoever. I was terminated from my last MT position after they laid off all my help but still expected ME to do ALL the work. Go figure. From what I know from my old pals there, the MT situation there is still totally hopeless. Karma's a  right? ...

BEWARE OF ACCUTRAN IN INDIANA--SM
Jul 15, 2013

Do not work for Accutran in Indiana unless you want to work for free.  I got my money JL owed me 3 months after submitting an invoice after threatening her with pressing charges for theft.  She had many excuses as to why she could not pay me including blaming Obama.  She also lied to me about when I was going to receive my check.  She believes it is okay to not pay an MT in a timely manner.  She told me when I started, I would be paid 30 days after the invoice ...

Beware That India Is Doing Our Audits
Feb 18, 2014

There are so many things wrong with this scenario I cannot even wrap my head around it. Fight your supposed errors with everything you can. Someone who thinks the word is eye-cycle instead of icicle should not be doing audits. Just my humble opinion. Especially now with the 99.7 standard looming. One error is all it takes to fail now. ...

Beware. The Other MT Job Site Has 2 Ads That Are Probably Scams.
May 23, 2014

One offers $1.30 per line, which should be your first clue this is a scam.  THe other is an ad for St Judes that gives a yahoo addy to reply to.  Really???  Like St Jude would not have their own website to apply for jobs. ...

Beware When Changing Password
Jun 04, 2014

Surprise, I was made to feel like an idiot again yesterday. In the middle of the report the doc mumbled a drug so I went to look it up on an old report. I got a message that my password expired and to change it to continue. I did so. When I got back to the 77 line report, I got a 3 line error, not sure what it meant but I clicked okay. It acted normal for rest of report. During next report, got the same error, did not understand what it meant, clicked okay and continued. What it should ha ...

Buyer Beware - Pcdictate.com
Oct 14, 2014

I use a program called DSS2Wave which converts DSS/DS2 files to Wav files. I LOVE this program and have been using it for over 2 years. When I went to renew it earlier this month, I never received the code for the license. Program is unusable. I can't even get it off my computer to reinstall the 30-day trial, and there isn't another program out there as good as this one. Thankfully I paid via Paypal, and after attempting contact multiple times via the email, website, phone number ( ...