A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Trans Tech, OSi/Nuance, Keystrokes, Web MedX - rwm

Posted: Jan 28, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on any of these companies?  Also, are their benefits any good?  These are the ones that I've heard about most often on here and have heard the best comments about, so I'm thinking about applying with them...   Positive and negative comments welcome. 

webmedx - carly

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them for about a month. I was editing about 75% of the time. At 5 cents a line, I wasn't making a whole lot of $$$.

enjoy editing VR reports for half line rate -- you'll love TransTech - losing money every day due to VR

[ In Reply To ..]
TransTech is much more than 75% editing horrible VR reports; it is more like 95% now -- goes UP every day, but line count goes DOWN, thus paycheck going DOWN. Your 5 cents per line is MORE than TransTech pays.

TransTech is overhiring to cover their "butts", but the MT's are without work so much of the time and TransTech gets very QUIET then. But if there are as many as 50 reports on the system, they get very LOUD then. You will ending up flexing into evenings and weekends to get your line count in, due to NO WORK. They have OVERHIRED on ALL shifts; they must hire everyone who contacts them now! Don't want to be 15 minutes out of TAT ! Lol. SO TRUE.

agree some - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually LOVE my VR account, but I'm probably in a minority. Agreed, there are some stinky accounts, and I think I have been on most of them at one time or another. I would probably either go crazy and/or have to resign if I was put on those accounts again.

I make a good living (for me, at least), and TT does pay more than 5 cents per line for some VR platforms.

They have a very good incentive program that you don't find in many (any?) other companies.

Yes, they do get a little(?!) antsy when they have jobs within 3 or 4 hours of going out of TAT and they make it sound like the sky is falling. I remember the "old days" when they would get behind and offer incentive weekends. Wow -- that seems so long ago!
The sky is falling! - Old and Tired MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I say that all the time when the emails come because that's what they all sound like. Yet when the work is low, you hear nothing. I can always tell when I sign on what the work status is if there is no begging people to sign on because, God forbid, they are 4 hours of going out of TAT. It sounds as if the team leads will be burned at the stake if one report goes over the alloted time! I also can see why my evening shift work has dried up if everybody from days is now working evenings to make up their lines. I used to have plenty of work on evenings, but I run out quite a bit now, especially on the last evening of the pay period. With the line quota increased, it makes more people have to scramble to get their lines in, so they flex to evenings now and steal the work from me.
My God, you are a whiner if ever there was one. If you hate your - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
company so much then leave and find your "happy place". Have you asked your team lead about sending out "the sky is falling" emails? I take you are the type of MT who likes to complain but doesn't bother asking management questions for fear of sounding like a whiner??
FYI, sm, I have made numerous suggestions to the management - Old and Tired MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Just how to fix the problem. I am not a WHINER, as you so "nicely" put it, but I do come up with constructive things that could be put into effect if they would choose to do so. I don't hate my job. I just do not enjoy running out of work and having to worry about making my quota. By your remark, you must not be having such a nice day.
old and tired - middle-aged and tired
[ In Reply To ..]
Pay no mind to sm....Sounds like a suit.
Always the "suit" allegation! If Old and Tired has so - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
many good suggestions perhaps she or he should start an MTSO and show 'em how it's done!
You obviously did not read the posts above mine - Old and Tired MT
[ In Reply To ..]
They stated the same opinion as I did, that the emails always seem to be of "the sky is falling" type. I was merely agreeing with what the previous posters had stated, and yet I am the "whiner". I didn't see you make the same statement about all the previous posters-- strange. I would love to have my own MTSO, but after working for over 30 years as an MT, unfortunately, I don't have the money to start one. If I did, I certainly would treat my employees with a lot more respect and understanding than most of the current ones because I would understand their value and worth to my company.

Transtech - TTtyper

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for Transtech for 4-1/2 years. I am very happy there. I run out of work every once in awhile, but for the most part have plenty. When I first went on VR, my pay went down a bit, but I am back where I was, even a little higher sometimes. Everybody's experience is different. I find their VR pretty good, both EditScript and Express Editor. Just my 2 cents.
Transtech - peacelilly
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with TT a year and the speech has gotten a little better but when it is bad I end up just straight typing those paragraphs since I am fast. I got praises from the co for accuracy. However at 0.04 a line my paychecks are bad. Do you make same on VR?

I work at TT... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and I am barely making 10 bucks an hour on my awful VR account. I've been with TT for 3 years and I have to say that they have steadily gone downhill since VR. The account I am on is awful and for some reason eScription just doesn't pick up what the dictators are saying most of the time. I work the second shift and get paid 0.045. I used to make about 16 an hour with them but not anymore. I have their insurance which is pretty good and is about 65 a paycheck. So, my take home pay is low, and my 17 year old makes more money than me as a high school student working as a waitress.

Same here - TT MT 65

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for TT for about a year now, and make the same working second shift on VR, 0.045. I used to make more than that, and you are right, kids in high school make more than we do working in the fast food industry. This is so demeaning.

same here too - dc

[ In Reply To ..]
If they are going to stick it to us every way possible (line count expectations, crappy insurance, etc.), why not some bonuses or raises (there's a novel concept) if you have a terrific QA score, etc.?!

Thanks for your help everyone. Does anyone else have any info on any of these companies?nm - rwm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Trans Tech Pay
Aug 23, 2010

Does anyone know about what Trans Tech pays per line for second shift very experienced acute care employees?  Really need to know.  Thanks ...

Anyone Go From MDI-MD To Trans Tech (Houston)?
May 21, 2010

Would like to hear your experiences.  Would you say Trans Tech is similar to the late MDI-MD (when it was MDI-MD) as far as being responsive to its employees, being left alone to do your job, pleasant QA people, good communication? ...

Trans Tech Solutions
Dec 13, 2013

Can someone tell me what the daily line count is for Trans Tech.  What speech recognition platform do they use? Are they flexible with shifts? ...

Trans Tech Radiology?
Jul 07, 2014

Will someone please share what software is used and what the line rate is for radiology? thank you. ...

Trans Tech Medical Solutions
Mar 25, 2010

Does anyone know anything about or work for Trans Tech Medical Solutions?  Do they have plenty or work, pay on time, etc. ...

Trans-Tech W2s. Have Not Gotten Mine Yet. Who Should I Call?
Feb 03, 2011

tx ...

Trans Tech Positions And Flexing
Jul 19, 2013

anyone willing to share about the schedules at TransTech, if you have plenty of work during your scheduled shift or do you have to do a lot of flexing outside your schedule to meet production? . . and also what the ratio is of straight transcription to voice rec on the oncology accounts? Any help is appreciated. TIA ...

Trans Tech Gift Cards
Jan 02, 2014

Did anyone get a gift card for Christmas this year ?   We usually do but I didn't get anything.  Thanks  ...

QUESTION FOR CURRENT TRANS TECH MTs
Mar 30, 2014

Are bonus Emails offered very often where you will work over your lines for bonus lines?   Work is so low! ...

No Work For Weeks At Trans Tech Yet They
Apr 02, 2014

I have been out of work for weeks - having to search through numerous backup accounts (4) and check at all hours and still can't make lines.  I have been there for 5 years and have gone through some low work periods, but this is by far the worst.  Paycheck is cut in half at least.   I know I am not alone here.  I am sick to think they are going to add more MTs when the ones they have are struggling because of overstaffing and most likely now outsourcing via Imedx. ...

Trans Tech-New Hire. Good Company To Work For?
Aug 09, 2010

Is Trans Tech a good company to work for? Just got hired on. Would welcome any feedback. Thanks! ...

Nuance Met Trans
Nov 19, 2012

QA/QC at Nuance is a joke.  A comma not inserted-points-, a dumb word that even a doctor could care less about-points-, really?  What happened to caring about the quality of the medical field terminology and so on.  I am the MT and I am the proffesional person that is qualified to make the physician sound better than he speaks.  I do NOT need a QA or QT telilng me how to do my job.  And as far as Fiesa goes?  I am not checking it again either.  I have spent all ...

Offshore Trans - Nuance?
May 20, 2014

Is it true that Nuance sends their work offshore?  If so, that tidbit of information may save our jobs.      ...

Tech Support From Nuance In The Last Couple Of Weeks?
May 31, 2014

Has anyone had computer problems after having tech support from Nuance in the last couple of weeks?  I am having MAJOR ISSUES. ...

Keystrokes And Nuance
Mar 16, 2011

Has anyone got any scoop on either of these companies as far as if they are good to work for or not? Thanks for any input. ...

Keystrokes Or Nuance
Dec 17, 2013

Somebody please help me decide.  I am so confused about all of this.  Trying to decide for a new company to call home.  I initially was expressing interest in other companies (not mentioned too much on this message board) but now I'm shying away from them because I don't like what I've been hearing about them as some of them have been recently mentioned.  Which do think is better, Keystrokes or Nuance, and why if I may ask.  Please help steer me in so ...

Nuance Versus Keystrokes
Nov 03, 2014

Who has worked at both of these companies? Compare the two. There is so much negativity on this board, it almost makes every company sound bad except one. I would like just a factual comparison on the work, the pay, etc. :) ...

Is Keystrokes Under The Umbrella Of Nuance
Jan 29, 2015

It seems like I had heard that either Nuance or M-Modal had acquired Keystrokes.  However, I don't see anything about this when I run a search on the boards.  Did I dream this? ...

Transcend/web Medx/TTS
Nov 30, 2011

I need some honest opinions...out of these companies which would be the best to go with right now? I've heard some not so great things about Webmedx but they supposedly offer an incentive program and the others don't. I just really need to get out of the place I'm at bad because we're running out of work fast and it's getting harder and harder to make it. Please respond, thanks!! ...

Any Information On I MedX?
Jan 23, 2013

XXX ...

What Platform Does I-MedX Use?
Oct 27, 2014

Thanks ...

Does Anyone Know If I-Medx Is Hiring PT?
Apr 21, 2015

nm ...

I-Medx - Anyone Do That NW US Acct?
May 09, 2015

nm ...

Is Anyone At I-Medx Doing The Hospital In Ore. That
May 12, 2015

nm ...

Anybody Have Any Recent Info On Web MedX? Sm
Jan 21, 2011

Are they a good company to work for?  Positives and negatives welcome.  Thanks!  ...

Does Anybody Have Any Recent Info On Web MedX?
Jan 29, 2011

Are they a good company to work for?  Are the benefits any good?  Do you have to type so many lines to get any benefits?  Are they pretty flexible?  etc, etc   Positive and negative comments welcome.  Thanks!  ...

I-MedX. How Do You Open Attachments In Email?
Jan 02, 2015

I've tried everything I can think of and get no answers. ...

Advice Please - EKG Tech/EMR Tech
Jan 13, 2015

For anyone out there working in these fields, I would love a little advice, please.  I am able to take a program in either EKG tech or EMR tech.  I just do not know which to choose!  The programs are through a local college and both prepar for certification exams.  I am interested in both, however, it is a matter of which has the better opportunity to obtain a job.  Thank you. :) ...

I-MedX Time Sheets. Can't Send And MN Is "no Longer
Dec 16, 2014

nm ...

Nuance Bought OSI And Keystrokes Bought Chartnet This Week. Any Others? Sm
Sep 26, 2010

Nuance bought Encompass recently, too.  I heard they are buying all the eScription companies.  I bet that Keystrokes gets bought by MQ soon.  What the heck is going on with all these companies buying each other?  Will there be anyone left?  ...