A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Trans Tech-New Hire. Good company to work for? - Angelczech

Posted: Aug 09, 2010

Is Trans Tech a good company to work for? Just got hired on. Would welcome any feedback. Thanks!

Hope your setup goes better than mine did - not staying

[ In Reply To ..]
and a host of other problems. Somewhat disorganized.

Some info for you.... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've worked there for 3 years. When I first started it was straight transcription and I made good money. Now every account is VR and I make a lot less. I wouldn't say this is TT's fault as every company is now VR, but I wish the pay was higher. Their QA team is awesome and management is a bit too much (as in they have way too many people in management and half the time I don't even know what most of them do). But, they are very flexible with you if you need a day off or need to flex for some reason. If you work the day shift, prepare to run out of work a lot. The later shifts have the work. They are the best company I have worked for but unfortunately I am going broke due to VR. It's how this career is - all VR and we are making less.

TransTech - AT

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't know what's going on in this business, but we are getting the shaft all the around. Pay, programs and disrespect. Know everything, but now learn new programs and different control keys for each program, capitalize, don't capitalize, type what they say, don't type what they say. Moneys we are.

I hope you aren't saying TT disrespects you.... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I left there a year ago to work in-house and was treated very well by everyone there. Also, you have to expect different rules for different hospitals or different programs. You must be a newbie to not know that.

TransTech lead - ttmt

[ In Reply To ..]
What is frustrating to me is this one lead who always send out the # of reports on the system (like we may be 15 or 30 minutes out of TAT), and then she wastes the MT's time with a silly -time-consuming cartoon or 2 or 3 at the end of the email! My thought is if we are so much out of TAT, why doesn't this lead edit a report or two, instead of searching for worthless cartoons! Just don't have the time to read all her emails, much less spend time viewing all those cartoons! I am always working to get my take-home pay back to where it was BEFORE VR ! Very difficult to do at 1/2 line rate.

Hope you have a very enjoyable experience at TT.

I know what you are referring to - Old and Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
All the emails seem to be "the sky is falling" type, as if the world will end if the jobs do get even close to being out of TAT. I wonder if they are penalized if they do, as it always seems to be such a "crisis".

Bitter much??? nm - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
??

Why is that frustrating? I like knowing how much - TTr - 3 yrs

[ In Reply To ..]
work is there and the cartoons give me my laugh for the day. At least it's something to smile about while being in the dungeon.

TT (sm) - HappyTTer

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked at TT for about 1-1/2 years and it has been a very good experience for me. I am on a very large hem/onc account which always has steady work (except for a handful of times around the holidays, which is to be expected anywhere). Communication is great, pay is always on time and accurate, my account managers are very responsive and flexible, and overall I'd have to say it's the next best thing to working in-house I've found in my career.

As far as emails with cartoons...well, if you don't enjoy the cartoons, simply don't look at them. They're always at the very end of an email message and, since I am not a cartoon person and have my own sarcastic sense of humor, this is how I handle them. I personally really like the account manager who does this and think it's just her way of trying to lighten up a situation wherein apparently several MTs will "forget" they are supposed to be on and working, there are 500 reports in the cue ready to be edited or transcribed, and things are dangerously close to being out of TAT. They couldn't pay me to do her job and search for grown adults to remind them they are supposed to be working, so if posting cartoons makes it somehow less stressful for her, more power to her, lol!

I'm sure others have different experiences to share, but I for one love working for TT and have no intentions of leaving any time in the near future, especially reading some of the MTSO horror stories on these boards. I feel lucky to be working for an MTSO that gives as good as it gets.

Good luck to you!

If grown adults "forget" to be working, then - Old and Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I would make sure they no longer work there, i.e. fired. I just don't like the same "the sky is falling" emails night after night. It gets rather old.

Funny (sm) - Annie Donia

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you me? I've been there about 4 years, and I'm perfectly happy there. Not thrilled with what I make editing, but that's the way this business is going. I for one ignore the cartoons (must be MY sarcastic sense of humor I have as well), but it doesn't bother me that she sends them. So what? She's just trying to lighten the mood. You couldn't pay me enough money to do their jobs. (BTDT- never again). I don't know if there are penalties for going the least bit out of TAT, but why have the clients yelling about it everyday. The happier we keep them, the more accounts we will get. I love TT.

Awful pay, awful training, lack of work, so-so communication. - Did I mention the pay is awful? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Maybe you weren't a great student to train? Their communication is great, training is what YOU - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
make it and the pay is what every other MTSO is paying. Maybe you couldn't cut it?

Similar Messages:

Trans Tech Pay
Aug 23, 2010

Does anyone know about what Trans Tech pays per line for second shift very experienced acute care employees?  Really need to know.  Thanks ...

Anyone Go From MDI-MD To Trans Tech (Houston)?
May 21, 2010

Would like to hear your experiences.  Would you say Trans Tech is similar to the late MDI-MD (when it was MDI-MD) as far as being responsive to its employees, being left alone to do your job, pleasant QA people, good communication? ...

Trans Tech Solutions
Dec 13, 2013

Can someone tell me what the daily line count is for Trans Tech.  What speech recognition platform do they use? Are they flexible with shifts? ...

Trans Tech Radiology?
Jul 07, 2014

Will someone please share what software is used and what the line rate is for radiology? thank you. ...

Trans Tech Medical Solutions
Mar 25, 2010

Does anyone know anything about or work for Trans Tech Medical Solutions?  Do they have plenty or work, pay on time, etc. ...

Trans-Tech W2s. Have Not Gotten Mine Yet. Who Should I Call?
Feb 03, 2011

tx ...

Trans Tech Positions And Flexing
Jul 19, 2013

anyone willing to share about the schedules at TransTech, if you have plenty of work during your scheduled shift or do you have to do a lot of flexing outside your schedule to meet production? . . and also what the ratio is of straight transcription to voice rec on the oncology accounts? Any help is appreciated. TIA ...

Trans Tech Gift Cards
Jan 02, 2014

Did anyone get a gift card for Christmas this year ?   We usually do but I didn't get anything.  Thanks  ...

QUESTION FOR CURRENT TRANS TECH MTs
Mar 30, 2014

Are bonus Emails offered very often where you will work over your lines for bonus lines?   Work is so low! ...

No Work For Weeks At Trans Tech Yet They
Apr 02, 2014

I have been out of work for weeks - having to search through numerous backup accounts (4) and check at all hours and still can't make lines.  I have been there for 5 years and have gone through some low work periods, but this is by far the worst.  Paycheck is cut in half at least.   I know I am not alone here.  I am sick to think they are going to add more MTs when the ones they have are struggling because of overstaffing and most likely now outsourcing via Imedx. ...

Trans Tech, OSi/Nuance, Keystrokes, Web MedX
Jan 28, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on any of these companies?  Also, are their benefits any good?  These are the ones that I've heard about most often on here and have heard the best comments about, so I'm thinking about applying with them...   Positive and negative comments welcome.  ...

Trans Corp Medical Coding Inc-Is This A Legitimate Company?
Aug 11, 2010

I cannot find anything on this company when I Google.  Anyone have any info? ...

Excuse Me, Back To Company Board Business. Any Info On All Physician's Trans?
Apr 25, 2012

TIA!   ...

I Am So Confused...why Did This Company Hire Me??
Feb 17, 2010

I was hired a month ago by a large MT service that starts with a T.  They were really needing help.  Well, for the past five days there has been no work.  I mean none.  Why did they even hire me?  I gave up a different job for this one, as I thought the T had better benefits, but now I am stuck and wishing I had never taken this job.  Why do companies do this?  This business just gets harder and harder to take.  ;o( ...

Would This Company Hire With No Transcription Experience
May 27, 2012

My neighbor calls me to help her get through the test for the company..Im like really,, if you cant get past the test how the heck are you going to do the job..No I wont help you..Im afraid she used me as a referal and no way would I refer her...A 6-month LPN course doesnt make you a transcriptionist, obviously, since she needed help with the practical part of the test that can all be googled anyway...So tired of people thinking because we work from the house that we are idiots and just typ ...

Does The Company AHDPG Hire For Transcriptionists To Work At Home?
Jun 09, 2012

I was on their website and found a lot of information about their on-line training and an MT test for a job, because I don't need the training, been doing this many years, but I cannot find any information if its in-house or at home.  I'm all prepared to take the test but only if it's for a part-time job at home.  Thanks. ...

New Grad Medical Transcription - Company That Will Hire With No Experience
Jan 30, 2014

Just graduated from MT school and I am having a lot of trouble finding a company that will hire with no experience... any advice?? thanks!   Jenn ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Company?
Feb 19, 2013

Trying to find somewhere that pays good. Anyone working anywhere that they really like? What about the pay? ...

A GOOD Company.....
May 27, 2014

I'm ready for a change.  I've been with a company for 3 years, have been on upteen different accounts, and I just don't like them. Keeping up with all the extra things you have to do without pay has me soured.  I would love to find a good company and am looking for suggestions.  No IC.  I don't care if it's editing or typing.  Most of the company sites I go to want an app before I can get info.  I would really love a company that w ...

DSG - Are They A Good Company To Work For?
Jan 21, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company?  Are they a good company to work for? (Documentation Services Group)  DSG  Thanks ...

Keystrokes - They Are A Good Company Or Not?
Oct 10, 2010

Anyone know anything about Keystrokes whether they are a good company or not? ...

Keystrokes - A Good Company Gone Bad Sm
Apr 03, 2011

KS seems to be getting lower and lower in the popularity with emplooyees test. I worked for them once but left for the reasons everyone is talking about.  There was no communication. The owner was never truthful and everyone is afraid of her because of her horrible temper tantrums. The accounts are overstaffed - you might get put on another account but it will be overstaffed too. The only accounts that are not overstaffed are the terrible ones that no one wants to work on and it is imp ...

Medscribe Anything Good Or Bad About This Company?
Jan 18, 2012

Anyone know anything good or bad about this company?  Are they employee based only or do they hire IC? ...

IS THERE ANY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR??
Feb 29, 2012

I have been looking for a new company to switch to and I have been looking for some advice by posts in this forum; however, all I see are negative comments about various companies. Are there any good companies out there? I'm especially looking for one that has good pay, actually has a good QA/QC department who can actually speak the english language and competent supervisors. Please let me know!! ...

Can Someone Please Recommend A Good Company
Mar 02, 2012

Is Lofin A Good Company
Apr 17, 2012

Offered an IC position with IntelliType.  Don't know anyone who has worked for them.  Any comments? ...

A Good Company To Work For
May 11, 2012

Is there one single MT company that are looking to hire MTs that pay a decent wage and are good to their employees? I would like to find a job at a good company! ...

Any Good Company's Out There, Anyone Happy Where They Are?
May 23, 2012

I am unhappy and have been for quite awhile with the company I am with.  I am wondering if anyone has found any company they truly think are worth the effort of working for. I have over 20 years experience and I am not eager to jump from job to job, but it seems there are so many company's out there that are really, really bad.  Any input would be wonderful, I would like to find either PT or FT with my experience being mostly clinic setting but strong oncology, OB/GYN, urology, or ...

ImedX -- Good Company Or Not???
May 23, 2012

I have been offered a job with this company.  Does anybody know anything about them???  I have heard they are fairly OK to work for -- good platform and about average pay 8 cpl for straight type and 4 cpl for SR.   Anyway just wanting to hear from somebody who is currently working there.   thanks so much.  I appreciate your comments, good or bad.   ...