A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Trans Tech positions and flexing - wondering

Posted: Jul 19, 2013

anyone willing to share about the schedules at TransTech, if you have plenty of work during your scheduled shift or do you have to do a lot of flexing outside your schedule to meet production? . . and also what the ratio is of straight transcription to voice rec on the oncology accounts? Any help is appreciated. TIA

TT schedules and workload - ExTT

[ In Reply To ..]
I left there a couple of years ago due to lack of work on the 2 oncology accounts to which I was assigned. Even when there was no work, I was not allowed to "flex." I had to babysit the computer (uncompensated) for the entirety of my shift and check every 15 minutes or so for work "just in case."

The ratio was at least 90% editing and 10% straight transcription. The exception to this was when the residents would rotate and the new clinicians would be on straight transcription for a short period until they were "voice trained."

I actually loved my primary account but could only count on having work 3 out of 5 days of my scheduled work week. I ended up working pretty much working 7 days a week chasing work and trying to get enough lines to at least pay for my insurance. I transferred to another account on another shift, hoping for more work, but found I would sit for 2-3 hours every morning with no work at all.

The pay was decent at that time (or would have been if there was sufficient work). I eventually resented not having any work but still being tied to the computer and not allowed to officially flex, especially on holidays. Clearly if there was no work during regular workdays, the likelihood of anything coming through on a CLINIC account on a holiday was ridiculous, IMO.

I loved it the first year or so I was there. Plenty of work, loved my supervisor and had a great rapport with her, and great QA; however, when the work started drying up, it went downhill fast for me from there.

Maybe things have changed now and there is ample work, maybe not. Hopefully a current employee will post about the current state of things.

HTH.

Maybe I'm an oddball, but I have very rarely not had work...sm - Not unhappy

[ In Reply To ..]
In the 4+ years I've worked there. Of course, like everything else, that is subject to change. Just wish I could make more money, but then I'm getting older, slower, and more tired!

Flexing - me

[ In Reply To ..]
You are expected to stick to your schedule unless you run out of work, but you get backup accounts. The problem with them is, I don't believe they count headers or spaces. It can take 10 minutes or more to find a patient, which is your time, and you can work your tail off and get NO line count. There is no pay for working weekends, which they always email about constantly, unless you are scheduled to work a weekend, so it's your nickel, and they don't pay that well. The VR takes up at least 98% and it's bad, you end up retyping on your own nickel as well. Keep a folder of QA info, because it varies from QA to QA, and the entire company is copied on it. People aren't especially friendly, seriously, to be in Texas and some actually delight in reporting the least thing to try and cause a problem. Didn't run out of work very often at all, it's the pay that sucks and the politics. They do not follow BOS and have their own way of doing things, but you aren't told or given any type of handout to describe what "that way" is.

Similar Messages:

Trans Tech Pay
Aug 23, 2010

Does anyone know about what Trans Tech pays per line for second shift very experienced acute care employees?  Really need to know.  Thanks ...

Anyone Go From MDI-MD To Trans Tech (Houston)?
May 21, 2010

Would like to hear your experiences.  Would you say Trans Tech is similar to the late MDI-MD (when it was MDI-MD) as far as being responsive to its employees, being left alone to do your job, pleasant QA people, good communication? ...

Trans Tech Solutions
Dec 13, 2013

Can someone tell me what the daily line count is for Trans Tech.  What speech recognition platform do they use? Are they flexible with shifts? ...

Trans Tech Radiology?
Jul 07, 2014

Will someone please share what software is used and what the line rate is for radiology? thank you. ...

Trans Tech Medical Solutions
Mar 25, 2010

Does anyone know anything about or work for Trans Tech Medical Solutions?  Do they have plenty or work, pay on time, etc. ...

Trans-Tech W2s. Have Not Gotten Mine Yet. Who Should I Call?
Feb 03, 2011

tx ...

Trans Tech Gift Cards
Jan 02, 2014

Did anyone get a gift card for Christmas this year ?   We usually do but I didn't get anything.  Thanks  ...

QUESTION FOR CURRENT TRANS TECH MTs
Mar 30, 2014

Are bonus Emails offered very often where you will work over your lines for bonus lines?   Work is so low! ...

No Work For Weeks At Trans Tech Yet They
Apr 02, 2014

I have been out of work for weeks - having to search through numerous backup accounts (4) and check at all hours and still can't make lines.  I have been there for 5 years and have gone through some low work periods, but this is by far the worst.  Paycheck is cut in half at least.   I know I am not alone here.  I am sick to think they are going to add more MTs when the ones they have are struggling because of overstaffing and most likely now outsourcing via Imedx. ...

Trans Tech, OSi/Nuance, Keystrokes, Web MedX
Jan 28, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on any of these companies?  Also, are their benefits any good?  These are the ones that I've heard about most often on here and have heard the best comments about, so I'm thinking about applying with them...   Positive and negative comments welcome.  ...

Trans Tech-New Hire. Good Company To Work For?
Aug 09, 2010

Is Trans Tech a good company to work for? Just got hired on. Would welcome any feedback. Thanks! ...

OOW Flexing
Feb 12, 2015

When you say you are flexing, do you still have to wait for permission to sign on later that day and get your time in?  I figure if you are flexing, you can come back anytime that day to finish up.  Used to be we were told to make up time on Friday afternoon/evenings, but too many hours and too many people to do it all then. ...

Flexing At Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

I work for Nuance.  I cannot remember the specifics regarding flexing rules because usually as long as I'm in the vicinity of my lines/hours, I will not bother flexing.  Well, this pay period is not even in the vicinity of having hardly any hours/lines.  I am going to have to flex.  Remind me please, did they change it or is it still flex whenever we want or are there certain times?  I know last year one team lead had said only certain times but I don't th ...

OOW Flexing Question
Jan 28, 2015

If ran out of work today and times out as OOW flexing instead of notifying supervisor and signing off for the day.... are we allowed to come back in that evening and make up hours or do we have to specifically wait for them to say we can make up time? ...

Flexing At Imedx
Apr 30, 2015

I am NOT doing it anymore.  Over the last few weeks when work has been even more scarce than usual, I decided to not flex anymore, and surprisingly, I have more lines that way than when I flexed.  Even though flexing is what they instruct us to do, it's just not right.  I am a good employee, and I show up for my shift every day ready and willing to work.  So now, if I show up and there is no work or little work, I will gladly do all that comes my way (which is what they ...

Nuance Email On Open Flexing Times
Jun 08, 2011

Did everyone get the email that said response needed saying we understood? Now no more flexing outside your regular shift hours. If you do not get in your time/lines, you can only flex outside your shift during open flex time, which is Friday 6 pm until Monday 6 am. I don't guess this really bothers me. As long as we can still flex if we don't have hours in. How does everyone else feel about this? ...

Advice Please - EKG Tech/EMR Tech
Jan 13, 2015

For anyone out there working in these fields, I would love a little advice, please.  I am able to take a program in either EKG tech or EMR tech.  I just do not know which to choose!  The programs are through a local college and both prepar for certification exams.  I am interested in both, however, it is a matter of which has the better opportunity to obtain a job.  Thank you. :) ...

E-TRANS PLUS
Jun 06, 2011

I have just spoke with a recruiter from E-TRANS PLUS who made the job sound rather promising.  I've been reading old posts on MT Stars but would like to hear from somebody currently working with this company.  Thanks in advance! ...

MJ Trans
Jun 02, 2012

Anyone have any info on MJ trans co? ...

Med Trans Inc Anything?
Apr 14, 2013

Does anyone know anything about Med Trans Inc? ...

Med Trans
May 06, 2015

has anyone ever applied to MedTrans or work for them? I am beginning to think they scam people and want them to just join their career program.   ...

Positions Plus
Sep 13, 2011

Holy cow! it is like someone let open the flood gates.  There are so many positions on line for medical transcriptionists!  I have never seen anything like it.  I went on indeed.com and applied.  Check it out. ...

PT Positions
Sep 19, 2012

Hi All -- I am interested in a very part-time, 10-15 hour position.  Anyone know of any companies that will touch this?  Willing to work weekends/nights....Thanks in advance. ...

QC Positions??
Jul 17, 2013

Can anyone tell me what rates/additional benefits etc. QC are offered over MLS? ...

Any Info On Med Trans Out Of Az...there Are...sm
Nov 08, 2009

Any info on Med Trans out of AZ.  There seems to be several companies with this name or very similar.  Any info would be great! Med Trans, Inc.4025 E Chandler BoulevardSuite 70-A27Phoenix, Arizona 85048 ...

R All Trans Co., Low On Work Right Now
Mar 23, 2010

i work for two companies, one has plenty of work and the other one seems to only have it late at night....which sux cause I am scheduled to work days....just getting aggravating..and wondering if anyone else is going thru this ...

Anyone Know Anything About GI Systems Trans Co
Jul 27, 2011

Does anyone work/know of this company?  A past coworker is working there and loves it!  She had very little experience at the company where we both worked, and now she tells me she is doing my dream job after only months, she is a part-time QA/part-time MT.  I read they just got a 5 year VA contract for their dict work.  Please, can anyone help.  THANKS@! ...

Anyone Know EMTS Trans?
May 04, 2012

I don't think this is the same company as eMTS.  EMTS Trans is based out of Miami, Florida and they are looking for someone to type rehab reports from written notes.  Has anyone had any experience with them or know anything about them?  I can't seem to find a website on them.  ...

Nuance Met Trans
Nov 19, 2012

QA/QC at Nuance is a joke.  A comma not inserted-points-, a dumb word that even a doctor could care less about-points-, really?  What happened to caring about the quality of the medical field terminology and so on.  I am the MT and I am the proffesional person that is qualified to make the physician sound better than he speaks.  I do NOT need a QA or QT telilng me how to do my job.  And as far as Fiesa goes?  I am not checking it again either.  I have spent all ...

Med Trans Inc Any Info?
Sep 04, 2013

Looking for any info on Med Trans Inc ...