A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone go from MDI-MD to Trans Tech (Houston)? - Former MDI-mt

Posted: May 21, 2010

Would like to hear your experiences.  Would you say Trans Tech is similar to the late MDI-MD (when it was MDI-MD) as far as being responsive to its employees, being left alone to do your job, pleasant QA people, good communication?

I did that exact move and am on a great account - Couldnt be happier

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been there since MDI-MD started jerking us around with the rapidly-disappearing work and am I glad I did.

TT is a perfect fit for me and I've never looked back nor regretted my decision to bail on MDI-MD when they bailed on us.

Feel free to email me if you like.

honestly - non

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you have enough work at Trans Teach? Are you full tine? Do you have consisten daily work?

Absolutely, 100 percent MORE than enough work - But depends on account

[ In Reply To ..]
In all seriousness, there are at any given time at least 200 lengthy reports available. It's a huge account on the eScription platform, probably 85% editing and 15% transcription. The ONLY time it has ever been slow (and I still got my lines with no problem) was Christmas week. Other than that, work is plentiful 24/7 for all shifts.
agree with above all of it, happy TT-er - p
[ In Reply To ..]
xo
Aren't you lucky. My ES is 85% straight and 15% VR - Tired of scrambling for lines and hours
[ In Reply To ..]

So YOU are the one taking all the work!! - just kidding. kind of.....

[ In Reply To ..]
apparently the newbies at TT get the work, or so it would seem -- the first year or so I was there was perfect, the longer I am there the more often I seem to run out of work.....

No, the newbies don't get the work... - easypeasy

[ In Reply To ..]
Here's how it works folks: The work comes through and if you are logged in and willing to work your queue will download jobs. If you are particular on the kind of work you do, for example you won't do speech, op notes, certain dictators, etc, then if that work comes in of course you won't get it. Everyone has the opportunity to get work providing you are willing to do whatever comes to you and not nitpick about work types, etc. I always get a good laugh out of people who come here and say they don't get any work but as soon as they get a difficult dictator in their queue they are the first to log off and leave it for someone else. Work your shift, stay logged in, check your queue when work is slow because if you allow it to sit there it may be removed so someone else can get it done to stay in TAT. Try being an account manager for 1 week...then you'd see how difficult the job REALLY is and what you have to put up with from supposed "professional" MTs who think that just because they work from home they don't have to stick to a schedule and can take time off whenever they want. Believe me, if some of these MTs worked in-house and made their demands they'd be out on their ear in no time.
well,I do any/all work that comes my way, - traditional, VR, any type at all, stay
[ In Reply To ..]
logged in from the minute my "shift" begins and many, many times an hour or so after and STILL run out of work almost every single day, sometimes just for a couple of minutes but sometimes up to 2 hours.........
You cannot blame the MTSO if the docs are not - easypeasy
[ In Reply To ..]
dictating. Think about it, the MTSO isn't making any money if the work isn't there either. Don't any of you get it -- if docs aren't dictating there won't be any work, if people heed to make up time there may not be work available to you, account managers just can't "save" work for you in hopes that you will get it done. Again, try managing for 1 week and I guarantee you would then understand this business and the lackadaisical work ethic that a lot of MTs have and how frustrating it is to try to get some people to work.
not arguing that but you said if we did not have - work it was because
[ In Reply To ..]
it was we were not logged in. It is unfair for people to be allowed to make up work and take away from people who are scheduled. I know everyone has their own side but chances are company is making money even when individuals are not
Don't want to argue either...I know how frustrating - easypeasy
[ In Reply To ..]
it is to have to sit and wait for work. Everyone needs to get their time in and some have to do it on their off hours and play catch up too. I realize this isn't always fair to you if its your shift, but unfortunately this isn't a fair business. I would love to see a day where everyone gets their lines in during their regular shift with enough to go around for all...although you and I both know that is wishful thinking. I have sat and waited for work too and had to work on my days off or stay after shift to make my line count, so I can put myself in your shoes...but I don't know of any compromise that would make everyone happy.
NOT a diva either just seems to negate scheduling to let people - make up any time if we could
[ In Reply To ..]
just work whenever we wanted to get our lines I would not complain either, then I would not be tied to computer for 40 hour shift and still have to work more just to get lines. Anyway, I know it is not a perfect world or system, so it's all good.
TOTALLY disagree with that statement. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
More and more MTSOs are overhiring in an effort to keep up with their ridiculously contracted TAT. It isn't that the doctor's aren't dictating, it's that the MTSOs (not just this one) is overhiring.

Nope, been there over a year, dear... - PT to FT with MDI bail

[ In Reply To ..]
Just not a diva who refuses any work that comes my way ;-)
Thanks for the info, sweetie. Do you have to - be available 18 hours to get in 8 hours work? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Perhaps if you'd actually read my post, you'd see where I said - work is available for ALL shifts
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry you apparently are on an account that's less plentiful...

And even sorrier that negative attitude of yours is likely what is preventing you from getting your lines.

Best of luck to you, but if you're this unhappy at TT, you'll likely be miserable anywhere you go.
I beg to Differ with you. The work is not there. - Tired of scrambling for lines and hours
[ In Reply To ..]
or else it's not given out correctly. I sit sometimes for 5 hours without work and I'm tired of it.

I loved TT. They are good to MTs, but there are some things that are happening that I don't agree with. I do not have a negative attitude. I defended TT a lot of times on this board, but I feel I've been thrown under the bus and that makes me sad.

I have other commitments that keep me from working over certain hours but even with flexing, I struggle to get my lines. I never had that problem before. It's only in the past few months.

I have a question for you who seems to know a lot....how come others on ES have plenty of work while others do not?? How many accounts are on ES compared to the other program??? That is a answer I would like to know.

On my account work is available 24/7 - Beginning to understand the problem
[ In Reply To ..]
Must be reading comprehension. I SPECIFICALLY stated on MY account. I have no idea which account you are on, nor any one else posting. My posts refer to MY account.

Geesh, no wonder you guys have trouble getting your lines in if your inability to read and comprehend simple posts on a forum are such a challenge.

Poor TT.
Work is not always available - Hard working MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Not everyone is as lucky as some people are that have numerous accounts, or an account that is overflowing with work. Right now, I am sitting here with exactly 2 jobs left on my account, and no secondary account because they said there would be enough work on this account. Then, where in the world did all the work go every Saturday night? Please don't be so hard on others.

Same here! (nm) - Tired of scrambling for lines and hours

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Trans Tech Pay
Aug 23, 2010

Does anyone know about what Trans Tech pays per line for second shift very experienced acute care employees?  Really need to know.  Thanks ...

Trans Tech Solutions
Dec 13, 2013

Can someone tell me what the daily line count is for Trans Tech.  What speech recognition platform do they use? Are they flexible with shifts? ...

Trans Tech Radiology?
Jul 07, 2014

Will someone please share what software is used and what the line rate is for radiology? thank you. ...

Trans Tech Medical Solutions
Mar 25, 2010

Does anyone know anything about or work for Trans Tech Medical Solutions?  Do they have plenty or work, pay on time, etc. ...

Trans-Tech W2s. Have Not Gotten Mine Yet. Who Should I Call?
Feb 03, 2011

tx ...

Trans Tech Positions And Flexing
Jul 19, 2013

anyone willing to share about the schedules at TransTech, if you have plenty of work during your scheduled shift or do you have to do a lot of flexing outside your schedule to meet production? . . and also what the ratio is of straight transcription to voice rec on the oncology accounts? Any help is appreciated. TIA ...

Trans Tech Gift Cards
Jan 02, 2014

Did anyone get a gift card for Christmas this year ?   We usually do but I didn't get anything.  Thanks  ...

QUESTION FOR CURRENT TRANS TECH MTs
Mar 30, 2014

Are bonus Emails offered very often where you will work over your lines for bonus lines?   Work is so low! ...

No Work For Weeks At Trans Tech Yet They
Apr 02, 2014

I have been out of work for weeks - having to search through numerous backup accounts (4) and check at all hours and still can't make lines.  I have been there for 5 years and have gone through some low work periods, but this is by far the worst.  Paycheck is cut in half at least.   I know I am not alone here.  I am sick to think they are going to add more MTs when the ones they have are struggling because of overstaffing and most likely now outsourcing via Imedx. ...

Trans Tech, OSi/Nuance, Keystrokes, Web MedX
Jan 28, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on any of these companies?  Also, are their benefits any good?  These are the ones that I've heard about most often on here and have heard the best comments about, so I'm thinking about applying with them...   Positive and negative comments welcome.  ...

Trans Tech-New Hire. Good Company To Work For?
Aug 09, 2010

Is Trans Tech a good company to work for? Just got hired on. Would welcome any feedback. Thanks! ...

Alliance MT Out Of Houston? (sm)
Mar 10, 2010

Back in January someone posted on the board inquiring about Alliance MT, said she had a job offer.  Wondering if you went to work for them and how you like the company, if the pay is good, all the usual questions.  Thanks! ...

Confused About TTS NH/Houston
Sep 18, 2013

Which one is assoicated with Nuance?  On these boards they refer to TTS but which one?  Thanks ...

Anyone In Houston Need F/T In-house? (sm)
Feb 22, 2014

MD Anderson Cancer Care in Houston, TX has an opening for MT F/T IN-HOUSE, with salary $39,500 to $47,400 ($19.53 to 24.68 per hour).  Oncology and CMT preferred.  Go to indeed dot com (illegal to post link on this forum) and search for "oncology transcriptionist" and it will come up with link to apply.  ...

Heads Up To Anyone In Houston, TX -
Jan 22, 2015

I just came across a job on CareerBuilder.com for an on-site pathology transcriptionist at Orion Healthcorp - M-F 8-5 paying $18-$22 an hour!!! I would be applying myself, but I live in PA :-(  Almost sounds too good to be true!  Just thought I would pass it along to anyone looking in that area.   ...

Alliance Out Of Houston
Feb 03, 2015

Does anyone have recent info regarding Alliance out of Houston? Pay, workload.... I was unable to find any recent posts regarding them. Thank you! Much appreciated. ...

Got A Job Offer From Alliance MT In Houston, TX
Jan 06, 2010

Got a job offer from Alliance MT in Houston, TX. Anybody heard of them? ...

Hewson Suture Passer Or Houston...
Jul 09, 2014

I've been typing Hewson, but this doctor (an attending) is clearly saying Houston, or is it Hughston? I see everything conceivable all over Google, but nothing definitive. TYIA. ...

Any Current Info On Transtech Solutions Out Of Houston.
Apr 23, 2013

x ...

Advice Please - EKG Tech/EMR Tech
Jan 13, 2015

For anyone out there working in these fields, I would love a little advice, please.  I am able to take a program in either EKG tech or EMR tech.  I just do not know which to choose!  The programs are through a local college and both prepar for certification exams.  I am interested in both, however, it is a matter of which has the better opportunity to obtain a job.  Thank you. :) ...

Pt Works For "laumber Jey" Previously Stationed In Houston
Apr 20, 2011

Stumped :?   Lumber jay Fumber jey Raumber jey ...

E-TRANS PLUS
Jun 06, 2011

I have just spoke with a recruiter from E-TRANS PLUS who made the job sound rather promising.  I've been reading old posts on MT Stars but would like to hear from somebody currently working with this company.  Thanks in advance! ...

MJ Trans
Jun 02, 2012

Anyone have any info on MJ trans co? ...

Med Trans Inc Anything?
Apr 14, 2013

Does anyone know anything about Med Trans Inc? ...

Med Trans
May 06, 2015

has anyone ever applied to MedTrans or work for them? I am beginning to think they scam people and want them to just join their career program.   ...

Any Info On Med Trans Out Of Az...there Are...sm
Nov 08, 2009

Any info on Med Trans out of AZ.  There seems to be several companies with this name or very similar.  Any info would be great! Med Trans, Inc.4025 E Chandler BoulevardSuite 70-A27Phoenix, Arizona 85048 ...

R All Trans Co., Low On Work Right Now
Mar 23, 2010

i work for two companies, one has plenty of work and the other one seems to only have it late at night....which sux cause I am scheduled to work days....just getting aggravating..and wondering if anyone else is going thru this ...

Anyone Know Anything About GI Systems Trans Co
Jul 27, 2011

Does anyone work/know of this company?  A past coworker is working there and loves it!  She had very little experience at the company where we both worked, and now she tells me she is doing my dream job after only months, she is a part-time QA/part-time MT.  I read they just got a 5 year VA contract for their dict work.  Please, can anyone help.  THANKS@! ...

Anyone Know EMTS Trans?
May 04, 2012

I don't think this is the same company as eMTS.  EMTS Trans is based out of Miami, Florida and they are looking for someone to type rehab reports from written notes.  Has anyone had any experience with them or know anything about them?  I can't seem to find a website on them.  ...

Nuance Met Trans
Nov 19, 2012

QA/QC at Nuance is a joke.  A comma not inserted-points-, a dumb word that even a doctor could care less about-points-, really?  What happened to caring about the quality of the medical field terminology and so on.  I am the MT and I am the proffesional person that is qualified to make the physician sound better than he speaks.  I do NOT need a QA or QT telilng me how to do my job.  And as far as Fiesa goes?  I am not checking it again either.  I have spent all ...