A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Something FISHY about Iridium Services. After passing test and signing HIPAA - they disappear into thin air

Posted: Mar 05, 2010

Did we just help them get rid of their backlog?

Iridium - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I did their test, but did not sign the HIPAA for the testing. I received an email yesterday stating -

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for the position at Iridium
Services, Inc. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to apply
and test with us.

We received a large number of highly qualified applications for the
position. It is our top priority to select a candidate who best
matches the skills and experience required to excel in the current
positions available. After careful consideration we have decided to
pursue other options for this position at this time. Please note
that your resume will be kept on file for 6 months, and we may contact
you in the event that there is another position we feel you are
qualified for.

We appreciate your interest in Iridium Services, Inc., and we wish you
the best of luck in your continued job search and future endeavors.

I wonder what they meant by - kb

[ In Reply To ..]
"we have decided to pursue other options for this position at this time."

I think it's just a round-about way to say... - sosmt

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks but no thanks.

Other opions - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I took it to mean "I was not qualified" for the opening for a neuro MT - even though I have 17 plus years experience in this particular speciality and felt comfortable with the audio. Maybe they wanted someone with over 17 years experience in neurology - lol - I don't know - I am moving on.

other options = other applicants. - no message

[ In Reply To ..]

That would most likely mean INDIA. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I received the same message, - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
but I didn't even take their test! Something is off about this company.

Iridium - tinydancer

[ In Reply To ..]
You know, I understand your questioning but it is very disturbing to me to read these answers and think people might not understand that when you get hundreds of applicants it takes time to get through them all rather than just throw them in the round file. Give the company a chance to get this in control. Jobs are being offered, people are being trained, and if you signed a confidentiality agreement why the heck are you out here discussing this after pledging confidentiality in the first place?? There is nobody helping to get rid of a backlog. Speculation can make a really good thing look like crap.

to tinydancer, thats confidentiality for the patient not the company. - HIPAA NOT required to test unless reports go out.

[ In Reply To ..]

why would anyone make you sign HIPAA for a test? - justasking

[ In Reply To ..]
test files are supposed to be "dummy" dictations, i.e., not real reports to be sent to client, in which case, no HIPAA would be required.

they are getting their work done for nothing and covering their butts with HIPAA.

Call me old school, but they just flunked ETHICS-101 here. what nerve.

Similar Messages:

Iridium. Anyone Hear Back After Passing Test And Signing HIPAA
Mar 02, 2010

Patiently waiting. ...

Iridium Services Testing
Feb 24, 2010

Anyone test for this company and find their multiple choice test to be pretty cheesy?  Something seems odd about it.  I listened to a couple of the dictations..pretty poor quality.  I wonder if all of their work is like that. ...

Iridium Services - Anyone Work For This Company?
Feb 25, 2010

Does anyone work for this company?  Could you tell me about your experience?  TIA     ...

Info On Iridium Services In Miami, Fla.
Dec 08, 2014

Need info on Iridium Services in Miami, Fla. please.  Searched the archieves, but found nothing recent. Anyone work there currently or in the past on their oncology account? Indian based company, lots of work, good dictators, pay on time? Any info would be appreciated ~ Thanks so much! ...

Two Choices, Iridium Services Or Future-Net Technologies
Mar 01, 2010

nm ...

Iridium Test
Mar 01, 2010

Has anyone else who has taken the Iridium test had trouble getting the jobs to play?  I got the first 2 to play with no problem on Express Scribe but could not get any others to play with Express Scribe or Windows Media Player. ...

Update To Below About Passing Employment Test
Jun 30, 2013

I passed the test and got the job. Thanks to all who offered advice and wished me luck! http://forum.mtstars.com/488540.html   ...

After Passing Test, Telephone Interview, And Application Completion,
Nov 20, 2009

offer, or will they let you know one way or the other? ...

HIPAA Test
Jan 10, 2010

Could some kindly let me know where the HIPAA test is located in MQCentral.  Thanks! ...

HIPAA Test - Does Anyone Know How Long It Will Take?
Jun 14, 2011

nm ...

HIPAA Training And Test.
Sep 17, 2012

Could someone please tell me where to find this on mmodal.  In the past, we watched a video and took  the test.  I cannot find this. ...

HIPAA - Trouble Getting In To Do The Test?
Oct 03, 2013

Has anyone  had trouble getting in to do the test?  What is our password? ...

State HIPAA Test
Oct 05, 2013

Has anyone else had a problem with the state HIPAA test part of the HIPAA exam? I passed the first, standard HIPAA exam without a problem, but no matter what I put or don't put on the state exam, I keep getting marked as Incorrect on a couple of them. Going back over the test and re-answering according to the answers given only results in an Incorrect also. I've done this over and over and could cry, but I'm also furious. Any suggestions? ...

Has Anyone Ever Taken The Radiology Test For DTS (digital Transcription Services)?
Oct 11, 2010

Has anyone ever taken the radiology test for DTS? Is it hard?   Any info on the company?   TIA ...

Something's Fishy
Jul 11, 2012

In my BOB, a few accounts have been changed to DQS7 and the rest are still on 6.  I am still on 6.  Well when I get work from those accounts they are straight typing.  I just got one and I put the cursor above the job description at the top and it says (SR), and I have to type it.  Am I being paid ASR rate for typing this report?  This happening to anybody else?  Geez, what's next? ...

HIPAA - Need A Quick Check On HIPAA Rules
Oct 29, 2009

Hi, I need a quick check on HIPAA rules.  With respect to the health care debate, I want to write to my senator, etc., about a situation with a patient I transcribed on.  The only info. I intend to give is that the patient was a:  Russian immigrant, on welfare and receiving Medicaid benefits--when he should not have.  He and his "sponsor(s)" was responsible for his care and living expenses.  Further, I transcribed a note in which the doctor said that this patient wanted to re-sched ...

Fishy (not About Nuance)
Apr 16, 2013

This isn't about Nuance, but as this seems to be the most frequented forum, I thought I would post here. This morning I applied for a transcription position with a cover letter and resume.  The recruiter wrote me back about an hour later explaining the line rate and providing the link to take their test.  I wasn't too thrilled about the pay but went ahead and took the test.  It was the easiest test I've ever taken, comprised mostly of spelling and grammar with a fe ...

QA Are Starting To Seem Fishy To Me
Apr 21, 2013

I saw an error today that I just know I would not make.  It was very simple.  I really think there are some spiteful QA people.  They are mad while they are checking these dictations or something.  The things they count off for!! The "mistake" was placing a too instead of a to.  I am super OCD about that. ...

Does Anyone Think The Nuance Line Count Is Fishy?
May 24, 2012

I think the lines are padded.  After typing all day at break neck speed, I am shocked at the end of the day how low my line count is.  I work for another company doing the same thing, just as fast, and I get double the lines.  Well, we will never know because at Nuance we can't copy the report and paste it into Word to get a line count because it is blocked, I think they do that on purpose and that way we can't check our lines to see if it is accurate, which I know ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

Iridium
Dec 10, 2014

Any feedback on Iridium transcription?  Do they outsource?  Pay on time, etc etc etc?? ...

Work For Iridium?
Nov 19, 2011

Anyout out there work for Iridium?  If so - is the company good to work for? ...

Did Iridium Drop Their Line Rate To Current ICs Recently?
Oct 12, 2009

Did Iridium drop their line rate to current ICs recently?  I heard they did to new ICs to like 1.5 cpl less.. but wondered if they have now lowered all the pay.  thanks ...

Anyone Signing Up For This?
May 29, 2014

Love the title of the presentation! ...

Just Signing On
Oct 29, 2014

or just me?  Thank goodness for MT Stars or I would be perpetually in the dark! Thanks ...

Signing The Petition
Sep 05, 2013

I want to sign the petition to stop offshoring, and also put it on my FB page for others to see, but I'm worried my company is monitoring this and will find a reason to fire me. Are others worried about this? ...

Audit: What Is Passing?
Oct 29, 2009

I have gotten audited twice in the past week!  They have pulled 6 reports on me. I thought that they only do 3 and do it about twice a month.  I think something is going on there.  What is the passing score.  I know it is 98. something.  Thanks! ...

Not Passing Exams
Dec 15, 2009

I just did my final exam and did not pass. I got a 98% on the written and 82% on the practical. What happens if you do not pass (after alotted tries)? Can I still work in a clinic or doctor doing transcription or is all my training a big waste?? ...

Not Passing Audit
Jun 22, 2010

when you are told you didnt pass the audiit test, are you booted out after so many of those or what? I am not even sure if sending a question lowers your score??? anyone know? ...

Everybody Passing QA With 99% No Problem?
Oct 20, 2011

consistently pass 99% with what they deduct for minimum's?  I would really like feedback on this.  ...