A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is the limited hours you can claim for UE SM - SBH

Posted: Jan 18, 2013

So far I am 7.5 hours short due to NJA.  I have some PTO time avaialble.  I want to put a claim in to get started, because the last time I filed in October 2011 they held myr first week, and I did not get that money and went without pay.  I cannot go without pay, so I want to get the ball rolling on the partial UE, then I can get checks and not have to use PTO or worry, since I make about min wage nowadays anyhow.

Sorry if this is confusing.

In my state it - is if you

[ In Reply To ..]
are scheduled 40 hours and work less than 40 hours then you can file a claim.

I filed for the exact same reason you have - wanted the first check held to be for least hours

[ In Reply To ..]
I had 6 hours short and I filed and got it, also because I make so much less now than I did a year ago.

Depends on your state. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Check out the UE information on your state's website.

I received a letter from UE today that I was..... - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]
overpaid on wk ending 12/29/12.....it turns out MModal gave the wrong info of "2 week pay amount" of pay instead of "1 week pay amount"..... of course..THIS IS THEIR MISTAKE. I called MModal and was on the phone 2 hours,--transferred to everyone (including IT!!) with everyone telling me that they couldn't help me. I finally was given a name, left a message, but have not heard back yet. I will call UE on Monday and place a complaint of noncompliance with MModal. This company is the worst!!

wonder why they thought IT could help you - LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
IT can't even help with IT problems, much less unemployment problems!
They didn't. They were just giving her the ole - run-around. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
zx

This is what I was saying in another thread about - having to pay money back (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
due to errors, not the employee's errors, but the company's errors and UE's errors. They all make YOU the ultimate responsible party when it's time to be paid back due to overpayment or the company appeals the decision to pay out UE. You are responsible for everyone's errors.

Another reason to keep track and not overspend those UE checks before you know it is truly yours to spend.

Just because they send you a check does not necessarily mean you can spend it. I've seen forums with questions regarding this and people saying do not spend the checks for at least 3 months just to be sure.

UE is not such an easy way out like everyone wants to think, but keep at it. Maybe you won't owe back too much before it's said and done. Sorry for your troubles even when it's not your fault.

Similar Messages:

Limited Plans Which Are Not Discounts, But Limited Health Insurance?
May 23, 2011

Does anyone who cannot get major medical insurance have any of the limited plans which are not discounts, but limited insurance?  I cannot get major medical, but need something.  I have diabetes and am wondering if there are any good plans out there.  Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Ascend Limited?
Apr 14, 2011

Searched the boards and cannot find anything about this company out of Virginia.  Any news?  ...

Limited MRI Of The Knee
Jan 11, 2012

Technique - sounds like "missionaire" procotol.  TIA! ...

What Is Full Time, Limited ???
Oct 23, 2012

I may have to go to full time with MModal but really hate to.  I have always been a part time employee.  What is FT limited?  I know on full time limited you only have to type 120 lph but is there anything else different between regular full time and limited full time.  Is there anywhere on the MModal sites that gives this information?  Thanks so much. ...

Smartronix Limited, Got An Email Saying I Qualified For A Job
Aug 19, 2013

for job interview.  The internet says  there are scams out there for this type of thing.  Anyone hear of this company?  The job is posted on another board.  ...

Limited FTC On Myocardial Perfusion Study. Sm
Jan 30, 2015

Any idea what the "FTC" stands for?  It is in the tech's comments section.  Thank you! ...

Is It Common To Have A Limited Amount Of Work During The Summer Season?
Aug 05, 2012

I'm curious if this is throughout a lot of MT companies where the summer seasons are the slowest in terms of receiving work. I used to have an abundunt amount of doctors to transcribe for across multiple accounts, but now all of a sudden that has changed, and I am almost always out of work and I no longer transcribe for what I'm estimating as half to 3/4 of the list of docs. Is this something normal? Do doctors get together and take a 3-month hiatus at once, or something...? I'm p ...

100% Successful With TAA Claim
Jun 21, 2010

I have read here that people would like to know when someone has been successful with a TAA claim. I have been 100% successful and am enrolled in school. I receive UI benefits. My school is 100% paid for. All of my books are paid for. I am given a supplies allowance per semester. I filed a claim, I was denied, I appealed, I won on appeal. The state of Colorado appealed again and their appeal was denied. There is a lot of paperwork to do, but that can only be filled out one sheet ...

Rather Than Claim 'it's Just Business'...
Sep 03, 2010

I'm wondering if those who claiim that this is 'just business' and it's how business is done everywhere can give a valid reason why it is more beneficial for the company to lay off without giving notice versus letting employees know they are getting laid off?  I'm trying to look at the employer perspective now and see what benefits the company by not announcing future lay-offs. ...

Do I Have To Claim My Last PTO Check On UE?
Apr 21, 2013

I was laid off a few weeks ago and got my PTO check this week-end. Do I have to claim that on UE? ...

Does Anybody Remember The Claim
Aug 31, 2013

How in no more than 90 days, VR would be completely trained to put out perfect drafts?  What the happened to that?  I am going to throw that up to my TL, just for grins, every time they rake us over for critical errors, customer complaints and so on.  Yes, we are making the errors (or at least some of them) but with drafts getting worse, we are being set up! ...

If Income Is Less Than $600 As An IC Do You Have To Claim It On Your Taxes??? Nm
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

Workman's Compensation Claim
Jul 14, 2010

Anyone ever filed a claim against MQ?  I don't even know how to go about it? Any help ...

Can You Claim Unemployment If You Quit One Company
Jan 28, 2010

nm ...

Is There A Way To Only Claim Part Of A Shift Posted
Apr 05, 2010

I thought the CCM said that we would be able to claim part of a shift; if someone posted an 8 hour shift, but I can only work 4 of those hours, I could claim it and someone else might be able to claim the other 4. If anyone knows, it would save me about a week or more of time waiting for a response. Thanks! ...

Where Is The Code To Claim This Wasted Time
Mar 19, 2012

I got no code. ...

Weekly Claim Questions For Partial UE
Jul 18, 2013

I just got off the phone with my state's UE office.  I was told that if I work more than 32 hours in a week, I will not receive partial UE for that week.  One of the questions asked when filing for a weekly claim by phone is:   During the week, did you miss work that was scheduled for you?  Answer "YES" if you did not work all of the hours that were available for you with your current employer.   If I "release" myself from work due to NJA, am I missing "work that ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Can We File A Class Action Disability Claim
Mar 03, 2010

I am feeling a little shell-shocked.   ...

On Taxes, Does Anyone Claim The Home Office Deduction?
Mar 15, 2012

I'm doing my taxes on TurboTax and it says you can claim the home office deduction if you work at home for the "benefit of your employer, ie, if no office or desk is provided."  Does this apply to us ?  I'm worried about taking the deduction and getting audited or something.  I've never taken it in the past.  Wondering if it's even worth it for me if we indeed can take it (I don't own a home).  ...

To All MTs Who Claim To Make More Money Than Woman With BS Degrees.....
Jun 13, 2012

Those of you who claim to make TONS OF MONEY TYPING....  You are not straight typing MTs under regular circumstances IF I believe you...and I don't.   You probably work 7 days a week, all hours of the day like most MTs.  You DO NOT work a regular 8-hour day, 5 days a week and make that much money.  If that were true...there would be much more competition.  The only perk is being at home.  Period...End of story.  Stop trying to sell me your ocean front pro ...

MMMModal's Ad From Monster. Check It Out. Their Claim Of Respect Makes Me-
Feb 05, 2012

Medical Transcriptionist About the Job         We invite you to join the most talented and knowledgeable workforce in the business by introducing M*Modal, the new brand of our industry-leading technology organization. Together, the combination of our collective organizations – MedQuist, Spheris, CBay, M*Modal, Poiesis and others – will enhance the power of clinical documentation to improve patient care.   M*Modal is currently seeking medical trans ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

Anyone Had Successfully Filed A Claim With The Department Of Labor Regarding Unpaid Time?
Oct 03, 2013

I was wondering if anyone had successfully filed a claim with the Department of Labor regarding unpaid time waiting for jobs or being "engaged to wait."  ...

MRI "motion-limited Examination" ?
Mar 28, 2013

"Brain MRI showed no acute stroke that was a motion-limited examination." Does this sentence make sense to you or am I just getting it wrong? Seeing as how you're not supposed to move around during MRIs, this makes no sense to me. Or maybe I need a lot more coffee today and/or a day off... ...

Those Posters Who Claim DIT Has Not Paid Them - SM
Jan 13, 2010

Please contact me about your unpaid work with DIT.  I want to make sure they resolve their pay issues if they are going to advertise jobs here. Moderator   ...

Is It Possible To Get 40 Hours' Work In 40 Hours?
Aug 09, 2014

If it takes more, how many more? I realize this is an answer dependent on many factors, but I'm talking in general terms. Thank you. ...

Less Than 24 Hours PT??
Nov 20, 2009

I understand with 24 hours you get PTO, but can you be scheduled for less than 24. That is a lot for a PT position. Most companies only require 20 per week. ...

Q8h Or Every Eight Hours?
Mar 12, 2010

Which is correct? I thought I had remembered something from the BOS (which I can't find in my office right now) that said if the dictator said q 8 hours then it should be spelled out as every eight hours. Is that correct or am I losing my mind? ...