A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Requiring email response in 5 min - PedalPushr

Posted: Jun 01, 2010

Got to thinking about this, wouldn't this be something agreed upon (contract?) before starting with the company?  Otherwise, threatening to fire you for not responding to an email sounds like a ripe labor law violation.  Wrongful termination?  Bait and switch?  Plain unethical.  Surprised  

umm, would not work there, sounds toooo somethings - ♪♪ ♪♪

[ In Reply To ..]
what if you took a 15 minute break,
went to the bathroom for longer than 5 minutes, half hour lung. I would not like to always be working under a threat of ...... always having to keep notes to document whatever. I would skip it for sure life as an MT is difficult enough, the speed, the 98% or better with the absolute junk we have to try and transcribe, QAs never on the same page, never quite sure which way they want you to do it

what about all the emails THEY dont answer - aggravating

[ In Reply To ..]
im not a fan of MTSOs. :(

I work for this place. Still deciding if I'm gonna sign. - Sick of crap.

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it's a bunch of crap and the way some of it was worded was condescending and plain wrong. Have to go through so much for this job anyway with the way they transfer files, not going to be tied to my keyboard too.

Similar Messages:

New IC Contract Requiring Response To E-mails In 5 Minutes
May 29, 2010

Got a new kind of rudely worded in places contract from company I've been with a little bit.  I don't care about agreeing to 98% on quality audits, or agreeing to provide a certain number of minutes/lines of work a day and specifying which days, or agreeing to 24-hour TAT, but there is a section that we must respond to e-mails or any other form of communication within 5 minutes during active work hours, otherwise without an acceptable excuse (power/internet outage or emergency) af ...

Response To Email Inquiry About VA Accounts
Aug 14, 2013

My understanding, according to conversations with several people at the Department of Labor in several states, is that anyone working on a VA contract must have employee status and must be paid the wage determination rate, or prevailing wage, for the state and county in which the client (or VA facility) is located.  It does not matter what the wage determination rate is for the state and county in which you reside.  Therefore, if you work on several different VA accounts, there may be ...

Response To Email Saying After 10 Days Of No Work There Is Some Work
Dec 19, 2011

"The dictators are picking back up – would you like some work??  I haven’t heard from you and I am unable to just assign without a work request.   Just let me know - thanks"  My response: Definitely not!!    You have SO screwed me financially by not giving me work for so long and then only 1 or 2 reports for a day for weeks.    You are one of THE WORST managers I have ever encountered.    You have lied to me over and over and ...

What Is With Most Jobs Requiring XP?
Dec 07, 2011

XP is outdated and no longer available to purchase or supported by Microsoft as per my understanding.  Isn't Windows 7 the norm now?  I can understand not wanting 64-bit systems for their platforms.... but ONLY XP ?? ...

Landmark Now Requiring.....
Apr 09, 2014

....line requirements per hour. Did anyone receive this e-mail this morning? It said she will let us what the requirements actually are forthcoming. I know this is the norm with most MT companies, but one of the reasons why I have stayed with Landmark so long was I could basically name my own quota and own hours. Since this was my secondary job, I could fit it in when I had free time throughout the day. Oh well....not really complaining, just surprised a little. ...

Requiring A Business Name
Mar 11, 2015

I have applied to a transcription company that requires me to register for a business name.  I have been in transcription for 15 years as an independent contractor just with a 1099 and my accountant says that it is not necessary for me to register for a business name.  Does anyone have any information on this.   Thank you. ...

Company Requiring Set Hours For IC
Nov 05, 2014

I thought ICs could not be required to work specific shifts and hours, but one company is dogmatic that they WILL do as they say or hit the road.  The hiring person says that you contract to work specific times, which SHE specifies, not your choice.  Doesn't that make you an employee?  Or am I reading the BOLI laws wrong? ...

Jobs Requiring Windows 7
Feb 23, 2015

In scanning the job wanted board, I noticed that many companies only use and accept Windows 7.  Is this pretty typical?  I have Windows 8.1 so I'm wondering how limiting this will be.   ...

Companies Requiring EHMR - A Question
Sep 05, 2013

So where do you get the experience for this. Is it worth taking some type of course? I love transcription, but the future does not look good. I would love to learn something that would include my experience. Thanks for any info. ...

Contract Requiring Transcriptionists To Work For Only One Company
Apr 27, 2010

Does anyone know if it is legal (it could vary from state to state, I know) for a company to require you in their contract to work for no other company?  I have seen this in two different contacts for two different companies in the last few months.  Thanks for any knowledgeable input on this. ...

A Company That I Applied For Is Requiring Business License
Jun 03, 2014

A company that I applied for is requiring that I have myself and/or my company licensed in my municipality as a businessowner before they hire me to work for them as an IC.  I am wondering how do you go about doing this and is this now becoming the "new norm" for working as an IC?  This is the first I have ever heard of such other than having to get an employee identification number through the IRS, which I have already done so.  I contacted my township supervisor and he said he knew nothing ...

Perirectal Tissues Requiring CT S/l (thick Headed Drainage)
Aug 29, 2010

Perirectal tissues requiring CT s/l (thick headed drainage) ...

Pt Developed Acute S/l Fleitus Requiring Emergent NG Tube Placement And A 3 Day Stay In The ICU Wher
May 31, 2010

xx ...

Acute Renal Failure Requiring "slad"?
Jun 03, 2010

x ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Can't Seem To Get A Response
Apr 01, 2010

I'm just curious if others are in the same boat as I am.  I have almost 10 years experience as an MT, both acute care and clinic, and I have been sending my resume to many of the job postings on this board.  I think I have received two replies out of probably 20 resumes sent.  Is this pretty much the way it is for others, or do I need to tweak my resume?  Thanks! ...

This Is A Response I Sent To An For A RAD IC
May 18, 2010

"You might want to consider re-wording your job posting and re-think your position as you can find yourself in serious trouble with the IRS regarding requiring an independent contractor to work a set schedule.  You are wanting an employee, not an independent contractor, if that contractor has to work a set schedule and 'has to work over.'  The IRS will come down pretty hard on you...especially if someone sends them a copy of your job posting.  So you understand ...

Has Anyone Been Able To Get A Response From DIT?
Nov 09, 2010

Has anyone been able to get a response from DIT?  Please let me know because I certainly have not.  This place is the worst.  What is really terrible is that continue to keep hiring new MTs and promise them that everything is now okay.  They are just a bunch of people not telling the truth. ...

Response To Ads
Sep 21, 2011

Can anyone tell me if they ever get a response when applying for positions?  I never seem to hear back from any of them.   ...

Response To
Mar 19, 2015

Just thought you all would like to read this response to a resume I recently sent out.... and what would your feelings be concerning what you read? Hello, Thank you for your interest in providing Transcription services for our company. I have received your resume. I have put some information in the body of the email as well as attached our templates and sample reports so you can see what the reports look like. I would like to mention to you a few things so you can make an info ...

Renal Stone, Staghorn, And 6 Mm Low Stone Requiring...
Jun 12, 2010

Renal stone, Staghorn, and 6 mm low stone requiring s/l fis tell and right stent placed. ...

Anyone Else Have Problems Getting A Response
Feb 05, 2010

I sent to emails and two voice mails, one marked urgent-no response.  Anyone have this issue? ...

Prompt Response
Jun 27, 2010

Does anyone out there have a suggestion as to what a "prompt" response should be for a resume that was sent out? I do not like waiting weeks or months to get a response. ...

Has Anyone Gotten A Response From Oracle??
Oct 06, 2010

They have a job posting that I applied for.  Haven't heard anything back from them.  Has anyone else?  ...

Autotrophic Response?
Jan 06, 2011

"An exercise stress test was performed and she was able to exercise for approximately 8 minutes, utilizing a brief protocol, to a maximum heart rate of 156 per minute.  It was an appropriate (s/l anatropic or maybe autotrophic) response."  I am unsure what word he is dictating here. ...

Response To Resumes
Feb 04, 2011

Yeah for sure.  what goes does it do to send resumes to these jobs posted here, when you get NO response...  I realize they have more resumes than they can probably go through, but when they look at the top of your resume (where it should be) and see you have had over 25 years experience - you think they'd contact you first, yeah whatever.  Not sure, but know MT jobs are scarce!! ...