A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Opinions on Transtech from current employees? - New TTer

Posted: Jan 30, 2013

I just accepted a position with TransTech.  I feel really happy and blessed to find something FT in this economy, and benefits sound great. 

Current TransTech MTs:  Have your experiences been positive? 

If you are happy, why solicit opinions? sm - To the funny farm

[ In Reply To ..]
You will probably get a bunch of unhappy campers.

Hold on here, can't handle truths..then learn the hard way. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Negative postings do not always mean unhappy. It is just a forewarning so you are not surprised when things turn sour. You do feel good at getting any job...then reality smacks you down.

Well - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think if YOUR experience is positive, so far, then you should steer away from this board, as far as asking opinions and possibly gaining negative feedback.

Sometimes, when we hear negativity it causes us to have more negativity. Every experience is different, it is wonderful that your experience is good so far, so thank your lucky stars and be happy:)

I meant I'm happy - New TTer

[ In Reply To ..]
that I got a job, I was just hired. I have not started work yet.

TransTech - formerTT

[ In Reply To ..]
Congrats on your new job! I agree with the above poster that everyone's experience is so different. I am a former employee of theirs. Here's what I can share.

I felt that they were/are a solid company. They are strict with QA but fair. Some say they run out of work, but this was not my experience. It's a bummer that companies let folks run out of work, and I do believe that happens at TT.

Have a thick skin, some of the folks you'll be interacting with are a bit rude, but if you just follow directions and stay grateful, I think you'll be fine. :)

I worked in oncology and had a really interesting account. I hope you do, too, in acute care or whatever you are going to be doing.

Not the worst company out there - Too Old to Learn Another Trade

[ In Reply To ..]

They do run out of work.  I have several backup accounts in addition to my primary and I have been consistently out of work on all of them since I started working there a year ago.  I've tried flexing my shift when this happens, but this eats into my family time and other responsibilities I should be doing off the clock... and still, there is no work.  I have enough accounts that this shouldn't be happening, and yet, here they are hiring more people.  Go figure. 

As for the company itself, it is a stress-free environment for me.  Very few emails, very little contact with administration or supervisors.  When there is work available, I am able to work uninterrupted and un-harassed, which is a lot more than I can say for the many companies I've worked for in the past two decades.  There are a couple of rude people in management, but not to the point that it makes me want to quit, and if you can let their occasional snotty comments roll off your back, you should do fine. 

You might ask 'why don't you just find another job that has work available?'  Well unfortunately, the lack of work is a common theme in any of these companies.  Every one of them promise there is plenty of work when they are trying to hire you - but it always turns out differently once you begin actually working.  I've quit companies in the past because the lack of work went on for months (not just during a holiday season) only to find the new job also running out of work eventually... and perpetually. 

There needs to be a drastic change in this business.  If I worked in an office and the primary function I was hired to do was out of work one day, I would not be sent home and told to come back when the work arrived.  I would be paid for my time just by showing up for work -- and they would find something else for me to do.  It is highly illegal what these companies are doing by expecting you to be at their beck and call for 14 hours a day just waiting for work -- and then not paying you for anything other than the work you produce. 

I applaud the ladies who are suing Transcend and only wish I could do the same to every company who has ever screwed me over.  This business is a sweatshop.  It's slave labor at best and some drastic changes need to happen.  Those of us who studied hard to learn this business and have dedicated our lives to earning a living in this business deserve much better. 

This is what happened when the govt - started busting unions...

[ In Reply To ..]
the companies had nobody they had to answer to and the workers had no one to support their better interests. Now without unions or some sort of regulation or standardization, these companies are free to do whatever they want to the employees, ICs, or what have you, and we as the workers have nothing to protect our better interests. Apparently the minimum wage standards do not apply to ICs and that is just as wrong as employees not being paid minimum wage. I just received my 1099s for the year and my income has dropped from $48k to a little over $12k! and I am working for three different companies...all proclaiming to be full time, which is just not the case! I am at poverty level and there is no recourse for me as far as any protection. But what can we do??

Transtech - KFF

[ In Reply To ..]
You are so right about this business being a sweatshop/slave labor. It reminds me of the work my Mom used to do in a hosiery mill where she got paid by how many pairs of socks she sewed. Transcription is really no different these days. You have to work your fingers to the bone and barely make enough to pay the bills.

I also APPLAUD THE LADIES WHO ARE SUING TRANSCEND!! They are my HEROS!! We all need to to do it. We need to stop being afraid and stand up for ourselves like they are doing. Why do we all keep settling for this crap? I'm hoping that if those ladies win their suit, then maybe we will FINALLY see some changes being made in the MT profession. Twenty years ago I was proud to say I was a medical transcriptionist... Now it's just downright embarrassing. It's so sad.

Regarding TransTech, I work there now (oncology). For me, management has been so-so (very VERY nice in the beginning, but that slowly fades away). I do run out of work. It's just the same ol' same ol'...

Transtech - SouthernRhapsody

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been waiting from TransTech for 1 month on test results- I have written to them with no avail. I am glad you were successfull. I have 21 years in the field of medical transcription and was told at my last testing, "My expertise had not arisen for their testing". Good luck

7 years. I will retire from there. No major difficulties, - except sometimes work short. (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
But that's everywhere. People say they overhire, I've read it here many times, but they like to keep within TAT and so it requires close monitoring, which they do. I am happy there. Good luck. To your advantage to learn a few accounts.

Similar Messages:

Current TransTech Employees
Jan 20, 2012

I am a former TT employee and I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, but have any of you received your W2's? ...

Question For TransTech FT Employees...
Aug 05, 2014

Can I get feedback from any full-time employees at TransTech as to if you are able to get your 40 hours in.  Do you run out of work often?  How are benefits?  Thanks! ...

For TransTech Employees - Lines
Aug 22, 2014

Is anyone having trouble meeting their quota? Even with enough work available, I cannot reach my required lines per shift. It's a combo of speech (75%) and non-speech (25%). The dictators are fairly decent and the speech engine seems well trained. I'm just wondering if the issue might not be my capability so much as the line-counting feature they use.  ...

JLG Current Employees
Apr 28, 2011

I have recently been offered a position with JLG.  I have checked the archives for info on this company, however, most of them are from 1-2 years ago.  I am interested in any info a current employee of JLG can offer to me regarding this company - good or bad.  ...

Current PF Employees
Jun 28, 2014

To those of you who work for PF, is the second test after the phone interview difficult? I thought the first test was challenging, but not that bad.  If you pass do you get hired? ...

Employees Who Have Left TransTech To Work For TTS
Aug 22, 2014

Positive experience?  Thanks! ...

Keystrokes - Current Employees
Dec 30, 2012

Has anyone received their "follow-up call" yet to the survey the employees were asked to fill out over four months ago now?  We were again assured about a month ago that this would be made a top priority.    Also, is anyone else typing on a radiology account right now at the $1/report rate?  Just curious if anyone would be willing to share on average how many reports they are typing in a pay period at this rate. ...

Any Current Accentus Employees??
May 20, 2013

I will be interviewing soon for a position at Accentus.  Since they are a part of Nuance, I thought I would post my questions here.  I want to get the opinions of any current workers.  Do they run out of work often?  Is the Apex platform anything close to the Escription platform?  Is the STAR team really worth the extra per line or is it too much to take in?  I have seen posts on here from last year, but want to see how they are currently.  Any input is greatly ...

Current Keystrokes Employees
Oct 01, 2014

Keystrokes had an ad on 9/25 and was wondering how they are to work for.  The recent posts are talking about not getting paid on time, etc.  Any feedback would be very much appreciated.  Any happy MTs working for this company? Account is straight typing for pediatric hospital.  What is pay for straight typing and do they pay for spaces?  Also any comments on benefits.  Thank you very much. ...

Questions For Current Spheris Employees
Jan 25, 2010

I have an interviewed set up for Wednesday. From what I've read, I would prefer getting a job elsewhere but when you have bills to pay that's not always a viable option if nothing else comes along.1.  Does Spheris only hire employees, or do they also hire ICs? 2.  What is there requirement in terms of lines per day?3.  Do all MTs get the same line rate or do they pay based on experience? 4.  Are you required to do VR or can you request straight typing?6.  What ...

Candid Opinions From Current/former Employees, Please
Oct 06, 2010

I've read thru the archives and didn't find a lot of recent info on Diskriter.  I've been offered a position with them and would like to hear the pros/cons, good/bad/ugly from current or former employees about this company and what it's really like to work for them.  The recruiter sounds great, but I know that doesn't mean a lot in the big picture. If you've worked for DR or currently work for them, I'd love to hear from you.  Feel free to email ...

ScribeRight - Questions For Current Employees
Jun 01, 2012

I've worked here since the start of the DMT project. I was hired by the person in charge of the project, but have had to deal with the CEO a few times during the past few months. I'm wondering - does anyone else have a hard time with the CEO? She seems to be very.... egotistical. I have had nothing but GREAT experiences with the lady who is the Migration Manager, and the guy who is Senior Project Manager is awesome (in fact, if I remember correctly, he was the person who brought th ...

Softscript Employees Former, Current, Newbies
Oct 06, 2012

claim form was updated only 2 months ago with several details you will almost certainly find useful http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/howtofilewageclaim.htm http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/DLSE-55-overtime-sheet.xls   Note these gems:    [ If you have been retaliated against, you may file a retaliation complaint by filling out another form, “DLSE FORM 205.”] 4. Are other employees also filing wage claims against your employer? âYES âNO â I DON’T KNOW & ...

Current/recent Former Allegiant Employees
Dec 03, 2012

Steady work load? Lots or little ESL? SR or Traditional? Pay scale? Pay on time? Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance. ...

Just Started With Breitner...any Current Employees
Jun 24, 2014

who are using a text expander other than the one in the program?  I'm not having much luck with it.  Also, are you using any macro program?   TIA! ...

Athreon Info From Any CURRENT Employees
Aug 06, 2014

Looking for any info good, bad, ugly, such as pay, pay on time, flexibility, dictators, etc.  Did find some in the archives, kind of disappointing. TIA ...

ProScript Any Info Current Employees
Jan 13, 2015

Looking for information on this company from current employees...how do you like it...do you stay busy...and what do they pay for VR and straight transcription ...

Keystrokes - I Would Like To Hear From Current Employees Please
Mar 02, 2015

New jobs posted today. I would appreciate any information. Thanks! ...

Any Recent Or Current TTS Employees Happy?
May 19, 2015

I did a search for TTS but only old comments are coming up, 2011 is the newest I could find.  Anyone care to comment about this company?  I know companies do change sometimes, so I thought I'd try to find some recent feelings on it. ...

TransTech - Current Info For This Company?
Apr 02, 2012

I looked but do not really find much current info for this company.  They "seem" pretty liget with basic line requirements, decent pay for VR, good benefits, ect.  Has anyone worked there and been disatisfied?  Are there no work issues that mess with maintaining benefits? Just tapping on the walls before rebuilding. Thank you. ...

Keystrokes Recent Employees - Past And Current
Mar 29, 2011

If anyone who recently worked for Keystrokes or still works for them who worked overtime without getting paid for it, please let me know. Thanks. ...

Question For Current/past SoftScript Employees..
Sep 20, 2011

Wondering if anyone has been let go because of sending over 8% of work to QA.  They expect our line count to be at least 135 an hour (which for the most part is easily done), our accuracy to be 98+ and under 8% to QA.  Sometimes this is not possible.  I do everything I can to not send to QA (relisten, utilize google, books, relisten, adjust speed/sound, did I mention relisten, relisten, relisten).....but lets face it there are a boatload of dictators that are just impossible.  ...

Any Current Employees At Keystrokes Care To Comment
Oct 24, 2012

Any current employees at Keystrokes care to comment on how things are there these days?  ...

Former Or Current Nuance Employees, Please Go To Post On That Board Asking
Sep 18, 2014

...be interested in or willing to participate in any litigation against Nuance for lost time or wges stolen. If this does not apply to you but you have friends or colleagues that might, please direct them to that post as well. Thanks in advance.    ...

Any Current Info On Transtech Solutions Out Of Houston.
Apr 23, 2013

x ...

Any Current Focus Employees? Pros, Cons, Good, Bad Comments?
Nov 17, 2010

Is there work?  Do they pay on time?  Any comments on overall experience there would be appreciated.  ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

DSG Employees:
Dec 22, 2009

Did they send out gift cards this year?     ...

Former TRS Employees
Jan 26, 2010

Has anyone received a W2 form from the former TRS?  I received one from Transcend but evidently we will receive another one from TRS? ...