A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Meridian Healthcare Solutions - Any feedback - bing

Posted: Jan 18, 2012

Any feedback on Meridian? I just got a call from them for an interview. I would like feedback on them before I call them back. What platform do they use? What is their pay like, etc.  Thanks!

I work for them. Please do not e mail me. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
What is it specifically that you would like to know?

What I will tell you is that you will hear and read some bad reviews on this board about them. I totally disagree. They just do not like slackers, and they do not last long.

I have been there a few years and have found that they pay a very fair wage. The schedules are good. Mine is M-F, 8-4. I do not work holidays or weekends. Their PTO and benefits are good. They do not off-shore, and they rarely run low on work.

They take the quality of their work very, very seriously. I think you have to have something like 10 years experience to be hired for any account. Customer service is expected to be first and foremost from the MT and QA, as it should be.

The account managers are great. Once off QA, you hardly ever get audited. They encourage you to send work to QA, and you are not penalized for doing so.

You fill out a weekly schedule indicating when you will work for the next week. You have backup accounts.

They have various platforms for different accounts. They use ChartNet for VR.

Accuracy and reliability is what they look for. I love it here and do not want to ever leave.

Anything else you would like to know? Good luck, and I hope you accept the job. I can e mail you, but my e mail goes to a fake address, so if you would like more info I would be glad to e mail you.

Thanks for that info! I went to the website and noticed - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
They want 10 years of experience (check), but it looks like a Bachelor's degree is also required? Can you tell me if this is true? Do they mean for the MTs? Thanks in Advance!

Kiki - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not sure about the jobs currently being offered, or the requirements. I am not part of the hiring process, but just a lowly MT who does NOT have a BS. However, when I came here I did have over the 10 years required experience.

BTW, I did not mention it, but the minimum line requirement here is very easy. I am quite sure you will receive excellent training, go through the little HIPAA training and test (easy), and will be provided with many samples ffrom the account you will be on.

This company does not over-hire really, and they do not offshore. The QA people are kept quite busy, so it will take a while to get through your training before they let you go and continuously type/edit. Do not get discouraged by the lag in training. Try to be patient. It will be worth it. The pay and expectations are more than fair, and generous.

Again, slackers don't make it here. You will hear bad things about the company on these boards if they were fired or quit for that reason. You must do 3 things. 1. Be reliable and work your shift. 2. Follow QA instructions, client specs, and produce very accurate reports, as well as show that you know when to send a report to QA. 3. Meet the minimal line requirement, which anyone can do if they have 10 years experience. That's it. I think you will find them very accommodating and easy to work with if you do the 1-2-3.

What type account are you interviewing for? What is your average line rate for typing or VR. I think the combined requirement here is 1,800 lines. Don't know about straight typing, we do both. What was your last pay? I think they are very generous with their pay considering....

I also know that you must be a highly qualified MT if they are going to interview you. I wish you so much luck. Come back on and let us know if you get the job, and I will e mail you and introduce myself. Again, good luck.
Thank so much for your reply. Maybe they - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
meant other positions required a BS? Well, like you said, you don't have one and you got the job. I do have more than 10 years' experience.

I actually am LOOKING for a company that is as strict as you describe. I think it is GREAT when a company doesn't allow for slackers of any kind--that's the kind of company I want to work for.

Right now I am working for MQ (argh, I say that WITHOUT pride). I just want to work for a company I can be proud to say I work for. Right now it pays the bills but it's just so degrading.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply--I'm glad this board still has some positive.

This sounds like... - Looking

[ In Reply To ..]
My impression of this statement:

"Customer service is expected to be first and foremost from the MT and QA, as it should be."

is that they have pages and pages and pages and pages of account specs that must be followed.

Is my impression correct, or did you mean something else? Thanks!

Well I can't speak for all accts. Mine is NOT that way. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
What I mean by customer service should be first and foremost is simply this. If you are out of TAT, and you have not worked 40 hours, you are expected to help out (and with extra pay). If there are stat reports to be done, you should not disappear. Lastly, accuracy, which goes without discussion I suppose.

I love it here. The MTs just don't leave, but new accts require new MTs.
Meridian Healthcare Solutions - bing
[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds good - what do they pay per line and how often do they pay. What are there benefits like?
Meridian - justanothermt
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm wondering the pay scale and benefits too. If we can get a heads up saves a lot of time for all of us. The hours flexible to get your 8 in?

My company is continuously running out of work and my FT schedule is working out to be PT which, to state the obvious, don't pay the bills.

Just curious - Beentheredonethat

[ In Reply To ..]
Why would an MT rarely get audited, like that's a good thing? That's like saying you rarely take your car in for maintenance checks.
MHCS - I work there - Briefly
[ In Reply To ..]
Pay is above average offered elsewhere now. Two weeks PTO, earned per pay period, to the 5th year. Good benefits. They only hire very experienced MTs (10+ yrs) so they do not have to edit "often," but depends on type of account you are on. Though QA does "review" your work, no hand-holding. Training good but slow, which is okay I guess. I have only dealt with about 3 QA, but they are good. Work only runs low around holidays or big snow storms, but most have backup accts. You commit to a schedule each week, and yes there is usually enough work to make your lines. I have not run out in a year and a half. I think the expectations are more than fair.
What does that have to do with my post? - Looking
[ In Reply To ..]
Reread the post you replied to.

My post was about voluminous account specs and had nothing to do with audits.
Reread previous post that already responded to you re specs. - no further info necessary. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
s
Actually, I was not replying to any particular post - FYI
[ In Reply To ..]
Simply supplying additional information to anyone interested. I was not responding to your questions about specs, but ALL accounts have specs, some more than others of course. I do have a few, but not too bad. I don't know how anyone could respond to your inquiring regarding specs if they do not know what type of account you would be on.
Not OP or any other poster, but I had applied and (sm) - SillyMTer
[ In Reply To ..]
was wondering how long it took to get hired. Someone has contacted me but she has been difficult to get back in touch with. Is this normal? Can you give me an idea of what the pay is? Please feel free to email me.

Thanks again!

Similar Messages:

Meridian Healthcare Solutions
Jun 30, 2010

Does anyone work for Meridian Healthcare Solutions out of Indianapolis?  Anything good or bad about them would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Meridian Healthcare Solutions Out Of Indiana?
Nov 08, 2011

Anyone have any recent experience with Meridian Healthcare out of Indiana? ...

Meridian Healthcare Solutions - Care To Comment On How It Is Today?
Oct 30, 2012

Any current Meridian employees out there that care to comment on how it is today? Thanks in advance. ...

Meridian Healthcare
Jan 26, 2011

Anyone work for Meridian who can tell me if their tax forms were received yet?  ...

Meridian Healthcare Pay Cuts
May 18, 2011

Is this common practice?  I've worked for them for 7 years and now they are cutting our pay?  I havent had a raise in those 7 years, and inflation just so happens to be raising all my gas bills, grocery, clothes, and utility bills... but i should take a pay cut?   Is there ANY good company to work for out there that will pay 11 cpl or more ?  I mean for heavens sake, I've got about 15 years experience... i'm not asking for more than mere chump change, but the ...

Meridian Healthcare No Work
Jul 09, 2012

Is anyone else having trouble getting work at Meridian?  Looking through the archives, it seems some have plenty and others very little, though the couple with plenty was a few months ago.   It seems the accounts have been on extended holiday since xmas, then New Year's, then Easter, then July 4th, it's never-ending.   We were also told that they were NOT hiring new MTs to service new accounts, yet there was an ad out for 30 new MTs!  ...

Meridian Healthcare In Indiana
Dec 28, 2012

latest victims of the MedQuist "M*Modal" world domination.   I hear they were strong-armed into the buyout because Meridian was using M*Modal's software program (?)  it was a case of "sell out or lose the platform."  another transcription agency to stay the hellions away from.  Meridian ...

Former Meridian Healthcare Workers... How's It Going?
Feb 23, 2013

Hey all, just wondering if by some miracle that everything is working out okay for you ? I was so sorry for all of you when MedQuist took you over, and was so glad I was able to get out last year before it happened.   Is everyone doing okay ? ...

Meridian Healthcare ?s-but Not Naming Company
Dec 08, 2014

Does anyone transcribe for Meridian account in NJ. If so, what are your feelings, love it, hate it, any input at all . . . I have plenty input if anyone wants to discuss ...

Meridian Health Solutions, Inc
May 16, 2010

Does anyone have any personal info on this company?.  I applied for a  position last week and they sent me an email wanting references, which I supplied to them.  I followed up iwth an email as to the position and they stated they would be checking references this coming week.  Thanks in advance.   this coming week.  Good or bad comments are welcome.  TIA. ...

Meridian Health Solutions - Anything
Feb 25, 2012

Found on MTdaily, looks like pay is over average.  Does anyone know anything about this company?  ...

Meridian Health Solutions
Mar 06, 2012

Received a message for interview, have not returned call yet.  Is there any feedback on this company good or bad.  Thanks in advance! ...

Pyramid Healthcare Solutions Is Hiring Remote Coders
Mar 06, 2015

nm ...

QMedET Solutions Feedback
Sep 24, 2013

Anybody hired here recently willing to share their opinion of PATH and beyond?  Please provide as many details as you can, trying to decide.... ...

QMedET Solutions: Need Current Feedback!
Aug 25, 2010

So, I'm an RMT with less than 1 year of experience under my belt...currently working as an IT on an account only paying .05 cpl and also another account paying .07 cpl.  Together, they comprise pretty much a full-time job for me. Meanwhile, I was just asked to test for QMedET Solutions and possibly join their "PATH" program for those new to their practices/platforms/etc. for .07 cpl.  Does anyone have any positive/negative feedback about the company, training program, accounts, ...

Superior Global Solutions - Feedback Good, Bad Or Indifferent On This Company?
May 31, 2012

Can anyone give feedback good, bad or indifferent on this company? I need to work where there is work so I can pay my bills.  Thanks in advance for your time.  :) ...

Seeking Transcription Solutions LLC North Carolina Current Or Former MT Feedback
Jul 25, 2012

Can any current or former MT's with this company give some honest feedback of what on earth this company is about? It is managed by 3 women, and I'm about to blow from the insanity of this place. I wouldn't even know where to begin the list is so long. Anyone want to be anonymous pen-pals? I fully understand and respect discretion regarding such a sensitive subject. Please, tell me somebody else is out there who knows exactly how I feel... ...

Meridian HCS
Mar 30, 2012

Anyone have any info on this company?  Anyone currently working for them? ...

Meridian/KS
Apr 24, 2012

I have been offered 2 positions, any thoughts where to go? Thanks for any input. ...

Anything About Meridian?
May 21, 2012

Anyone know anything about Meridian?  Pay?  Benefits?  Do you like it or not?  VR?  Or Straight Typing?  Anything would help me out! ...

Meridian HCS - NJA
Jun 21, 2012

Is anyone else working for Meridian having problems getting work?  Its a great company to work for, but I can't keep waiting for the work to come.  Did they hire too many MTs?  Just curious to know how other MTs are doing with Meridian. ...

To Meridian MTs
Dec 29, 2012

http://youtu.be/o1tj2zJ2Wvg   It gets worse here every day!   ...

Being Ex-Meridian
Apr 08, 2013

Wonder how many ex-Meridianites got the layoff?  sitting here NJA again...on 3 accounts.  I am so frustrated.  Went into this with an open mind but the only side that keeps getting more evidence is the side that says get the heck out of Dodge (if I don't get kicked out by a layoff first).  actively looking for another job.  It's sad what is happening to seasoned MTs who it seems like they are getting the boot because they are productive.  Me-15 years and&n ...

MERIDIAN MTs
Oct 09, 2013

Just curious about what's happening with the other MTs from Meridian and if any are still with MModal.  I left end of June - Best decision I ever made.  Currently working for a local MD M-F, salary.  My whole outlook on life changed once I made the change in employment.  There is hope out there. ...

Healthcare Employment
Jan 16, 2011

Has anyone else answered ads for them.  You do a really EASY test. They offer to train you for free..  then send you emails... basically to schedule a job interview.  You text them.  They send you this agreement, which says that in order to work for them you need to plunk out $450 to buy their software.. This does not quite seem on the level to me.. I have been working in this industry going on 20 years.  I work in house right now..  but job situation is precariou ...

Healthcare Exployment, Inc.
Mar 25, 2011

Has anyone heard of or done business with this company? They are offering employment after I take their "tests" and possibly purchase software or textbooks. Just wanted to make sure the company is on the up and up. Any information you can provide me would be greatly appreciated. ...

Tracobi Healthcare
Nov 03, 2011

If anyone sees ads for Tracobi Healthcare, don't apply. Just got an e-mail from them (guess they thought I was a company), and they were advertising that although they're a USA based company, most of their work is offshore in India at a MUCH LOWER fee!! Just a warning to save you time in applying. ...

I Want To Work In Healthcare IT
Apr 17, 2012

I am an MT and I need a career change.  I have an Associates Degree in Health Information Technology, and I used to have my RHIT but didn't keep it up.  I want to work in healthcare IT, like software or as an Epic analyst or something like that.  Would I work on a degree in computer science, health informatics, RHIA, ????  Anyone know? ...

Changing To Something Besides Healthcare
May 20, 2012

Well, I've done it -- I've changed to something else for work other than anything in healthcare. I was an MT for many years, and I can't see any future for decent earnings, benefits or growth unless a person wants to be in direct patient care -- if they can even break into it after all of the hard work to earn another degree. I do have a university degree and changed to a job that pertains to that degree. I have seen many organizations go to Epic, which is an excellent system by t ...

Ascend Healthcare?
Jun 23, 2012

Does anyone have experience with this company??  Their ad doesn't give a whole lot of information.  It doesn't state whether it is IC or employee status, and no mention of benefits.  Would like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!  If anyone knows either by personal experience or word of mouth I would greatly appreciate letting me know.  Thanks! ...