A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FutureNet Technologies Corporation - anon

Posted: Mar 18, 2014

FutureNet is an actual company, not just the name of a software platform used by other MTSOs.  Has anyone actually worked for FutureNet Tech? Any information on this company from someone who has worked there or is working there currently?

I saw that ad too and was surprised as I thought they - were out of business, but I

[ In Reply To ..]
guess not. I was going to work for them a few years ago but decided at the last minute not to take it. It was a QA position. I did have a friend who took a job with them (QA), but she was constantly out of work. They did offer her editing work when QA ran out, but there wasn't a lot of it. She endd up leaving. From what I recall they did overflow work. Maybe things have changed though, this was about 4 years back. I really thought they had gone out of business.

FutureNet - Just sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for FN for 7 years part-time and full-time as an IC. I have dabbled with the idea of leaving so many times it's ridiculous. But in the end I stayed because they have always been good to me, very flexible with me and my schedule, and if and when I run out of work, they are always ready to give me another account to work if I choose to go that route, or wait for my regular accounts to have more work available... just sayin.. they have been very very good to me. always willing to work "with" you on any issues you have beit scheduling issues, computer issues, dictator issues.. again just sayin.. and I am always on the look out for "something better" to come along, and I haven't found it yet.

Yes I work for FN currently - justworking

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for FN for 7 years, I've had my ups and downs of course but in the end I have stayed with them. They have been good to me and are very very flexible and always willing to work "with" me on any issues. Yeah work runs low and out at times, just like everywhere.. but there is really no shortage of work, you just have to want to work. They will gladly give you more accounts if you would like. Their platforms are easy and very worker-friendly.. their training is great and if you ever need additional help with anything, they will set time aside and help you understand and learn a platform or anything. I am always on the look for other employment and have picked up other PT jobs in addition to FN.. but I have never left them because they are so good to me and these days loyalty pays in the end.

Loyalty? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I will agree that some of the staff at FN are wonderful to work with, but not all. Not all of their current platforms are user friendly or productive.

I would never use the word LOYALTY in the same breath as FN. They are only ever looking out for themselves, not their transcriptionists or editors. The company's owners are more interested in the technical side of the business. Transcription and SR are not their priority.

The lack of work is in part due to the fact that it gets sent to other MTSOs. In recent years, many accounts have been eliminated/ canceled and FN's supervisor does not always have another account to replace that lost work. The work runs low/out very often, i.e., multiple times a week. A person needs to hunt for work on their nonscheduled times to make a paycheck.

Some of us stay with FN because they pay a little more than other companies. I have found that their work is also more complicated and loaded with a higher percentage of ESL dictators.

mind sharing their pay rate? - curious NM

[ In Reply To ..]
please?
variables - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The pay rate is not as important as how many lines a person can do per hour. In the case of FutureNet, this number has decreased because many accounts no longer include payment for demographics, signature lines, and other things we need to spend to complete the reports.

Also, they keep changing what system we are using to perform the work on and most of the work is now speech recognition on the MModal platform which IMO is just one of the worst to do SR on.

It is also possible that the company is currently paying a lower rate than they had previously. I know they no longer offer direct deposit.
well, I asked the 'range' because I once typed for one of their subcontracted - MTSOs, straight typing. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I always wondered what FNs range was compared to what we got from our MTSO in the middle. So, no need to skirt around the numbers, not interested in applying and I am familiar with all you said, which is mostly general knowledge across the board with any company, and the rest FN specific. Not everyone posting is new to the MT circus.

pay rate - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
9/4.5 but there is no straight, only SR...
thank you! - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Run by former YOG employees. - formerYOGer

[ In Reply To ..]
YOG was one of the best to work for way back when. I suppose things do change.

More stable than most - typed for daze

[ In Reply To ..]
FutureNet is certainly not the biggest one out there, but they do seem to keep their clients once they get them. I've been on the same accounts for six years and never had that happen anywhere else. Also heard they just signed some new business. Happy to be with someone who never sends anything offshore.

really? - MTer

[ In Reply To ..]
FutureNet has most definitely lost many accounts over the last few years. I have not seen signs of any new accounts being added lately. Where did you get this information?

I agree that they do not sent work offshore, but they do send work to other smaller services.

I think they started out with good intentions, but are now more involved with being a technical company and not so much about transcription. Keep in mind that they are now "in bed" with a bigger company in regards to one of their platforms. Probably not a good sign.

I agree - yepp

[ In Reply To ..]
That is kinda what I meant.. they do seem stable.. and it's strange I have worked for them for 7 years and have never actually spoken to another MT/ME that worked for them.... like we are not allowed or something..LOL... I have had the same accounts, but some of my original accounts have been 'lost' but they do always seem to be ready and willing to supply work on another accounts, it seems like there is enough to go around.. my gripe is that I do not want to flip flop 6 accounts to work a 4-hour shift.. two should be plenty.
Does FutureNet have Straight Transcription? - mt20
[ In Reply To ..]
Does FutureNet have straight transcription?

Do they have you type in EMR?
FN - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
FutureNet is moving their transcription work over to speech recognition (SR). They use both a dragon platform (EHR) and M-Modal.

You do not type directly into a client's EMR.

I have no idea why they placed an ad for both MTs and editors/speech editors, as there are limited accounts or work on traditional transcription. Note that the ad was loaded with hype about they are at the top of the heap for standards of technical criteria. Interesting that they decided to add that into the ad. That information does not guarantee work is available.
How Does FutureNet Count Lines for Speech Recognition? - mt20
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you anon2 for your response.

FutureNet's ad reads a line is "65 character, incl. spaces." The way MT companies are slashing compensation right and left for MT and speech recognition, I would be sure and ask HOW A LINE IS DEFINED WHEN DOING SPEECH RECOGNITION. That would certainly be a way a company would cut your compensation without you realizing it.

I too thought it was odd that the biggest part of FutureNet's ad was playing up how they are "more secure than HIPAA requires." While HIPAA is important, that is not the most important thing I would look for when applying for an MT job. Sounds like something FutureNet would say to a potential client.
counting lines - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
FutureNet counts the lines the same for traditional transcription as they do for speech recognition, but the pay per line is less. Some accounts, however, do not count the demographic information or signature lines or carbon copies or headings. It varies. You are getting paid for less and less all the time, but they count the the lines within the reports, as far as I can determine, accurately.

Some Truth - TiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
FN has most certainly lost numerous accounts over the past 5 to 6 years. They just lost an account in the last couple of weeks. It has been a long time since any indication of a new account. Many of the accounts have minimal work. Note that their workforce appears to have decreased by at least half over the past 3 to 4 years, which would be an indication of work volume and accounts. FN may not directly send work offshore, but they are in partnership with some companies with very different business plans.

Similar Messages:

Futurenet Group Vs Futurenet Technologies
Jul 15, 2011

FutureNet Technologies is based out of California.  Futurenet Group is separate and apart from but using a similar name.  Be aware and do your homework people. ...

FutureNet Technologies?
Sep 28, 2013

Is anyone working for FutureNet getting any work? This is the worst I have ever seen. ...

Any Information On FutureNet Technologies?
Aug 26, 2010

Any information on FutureNet Technologies?  Good or Bad company to work for?? ...

FutureNet Technologies Hiring
Mar 18, 2012

Anyone know if they are hiring? They used to have ads up on another board but have not seen any in awhile. Are they fully staffed? ...

FutureNet Technologies Corp.
Nov 01, 2013

Is anybody getting enough work from this company (FutureNet Technologies Corp.) to make a living lately?  Am I the only person finding such a drastic lack of work at all hours of the day and most days of the week?  For the record, I work on multiple accounts.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on?  Both the traditional transcription work and speech recognition work is drastically lower in volume over the last couple of months, and not just occasionally.  Thanks for any information, as ...

Anyone Ever Worked For FutureNet Technologies?
Sep 16, 2014

Has anyone ever worked for FutureNet Technologies?  What was/is your experience like with them? ...

FutureNet Technologies Acquired By Nuance?
Dec 05, 2014

FutureNet Technologies acquired by Nuance? ...

If You Have Recently Left FutureNet Technologies Corp
Jun 10, 2011

Did you get your final pay without any hassles?  ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

MIST Corporation
Jul 20, 2012

Any info? ...

Help! My Corporation Just Went To Speech Recognition!
Jul 31, 2010

Hello: I don't know if I am using the right terminology, but my corporation has decided to use some kinda digital voice capture, so the software spits out unedited reports.  meaning, as a hospital trained transcriptionist, I've gone from transcription to pure editing.  And I am quaking in my boots.  I would like to supplement my current job with at home transcription.  Is this even still to be found?  All perspectives welcome.  Thank you. ...

Is Medical Transcription Corporation
Apr 21, 2014

nm ...

Nuance Is A Greedy Grubby Corporation
Dec 27, 2014

Warning to all. As Nuance controls our industry, see coming your way even more drastic cuts in pay to everyone across the entire industry. They have redefined what a line is by halving our speech output. So as I redo my resume instead of producing 344 lines per hr, Nuance says my line speed is only 176 lph.  They have also eliminated the late shift,  weekend differentials entirely as if "What difference does it make?" Rise up those at Nuance. Since they ignore half your output ignore h ...

Futurenet Group/FutureNet
Jun 09, 2010

Is the ad for Futurenet Group the same company as FutureNet?  ...

Anyone, What Do You Know About CPR Technologies In CA. Nm
Sep 04, 2012

nm ...

STAT-Copy Technologies
Oct 28, 2011

OK, I know that probably nobody on here has heard of Stat-Copy Technologies out of Texas, because it is a small company, but I have to warn people anyway.  The wage dispute person from MT Stars cannot help me because I am an independent contractor.  This company now owes me over $2500 for work that I did in July and August.  The last time she paid me was on Oct 10, for a check that I should have had on Aug 15 -- 2 months late.  I have sent repeated e-mails aski ...

Do Not Work For Accentia Technologies Inc Sm
Dec 15, 2011

I went to work for them knowing they were Indian run but had a US address and oh yah the VP's name is the name of a temple somewhere.  Anyway today was pay day and I got screwed out of around 400 dollars!  Do not go to work for this company.  I needed that money for Christmas but guess now I will do without it! ...

Does M-Scribe Technologies Still Do Transcription?
Apr 03, 2015

I'm going through my list of possible companies to work for and am wondering about M-Scribe. Their website only seems to advertise billing and coding so I am wondering if they got out of the transcription game in the last few years. Anyone know? ...

Interactive Response Technologies
Apr 22, 2015

I have just received an email to contact this company for an MT position. I've not heard of this company and would like to hear from anyone who has worked for them - and what you think about working for them...any info appreciated. ...

Beware Of Premier Office Technologies!
Sep 03, 2010

Low budget, unprofessional, and won't pay! ...

Two Choices, Iridium Services Or Future-Net Technologies
Mar 01, 2010

nm ...

STAT-Copy Technologies Filing Bankruptcy
Nov 07, 2011

A few weeks ago, I wrote a post on the company board that STAT-Copy Technologies is over 2 months late paying me (over $2500).  A week and a half ago, she had sent me an e-mail saying she sent a check, which I have not yet received as of today.  I contacted her again to let her know I had not received any check.  I told her I was tired of messing around and begging for my money and she would hear from my attorney.  Well, she just e-mailed me and told me her company is filing ...

FutureNet - What Is Up With Them
Jun 11, 2010

Not sure what is up with them.  They have several ads again but there is absolutely no work for us long timers.  Suspect they are hiring newbies and paying less to get the work done.  BTW, do not ever expect an increase in line rate.  You will NEVER get one.  Also do not expect to attain those bonuses they talk about in the ads - they have now made it impossiible to reach that level by maknig work unavailable, once you get close to making the bonus you can expect to see no work available ...

Futurenet...
Aug 01, 2011

How is Futurenet (Futurenet Technologies located in California) to work for?  Is there plenty of work or do you have no work on a regular basis?  How is administration?  Do they make you stick to a specific schedule?  Are they truly an American only company? Whatever information you can share will be appreciated...don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire!  :) ...

Futurenet???
Sep 14, 2011

How's the workload for everyone else? Mine STINKS!!!!  And then I get a warning email about my direct deposit.  Excuse me? ...

If Anyone On Here Uses FutureNet
Sep 25, 2012

Wondering if anyone on here uses FutureNet (possibly the glitchiest, most annoying transcription software ever created).  I use it at work.  When I started using it, it seemed to have a pretty good medical dictionary in it -- recognized all the medical terminology and almost all of the drugs, so I ASSUMED that all that was included.  So now we have a newbie, and when SHE uses FutureNet, it marks every single drug as an error (red wavy line), as well as all the medical terms.  I'm to ...

Former Futurenet
Jan 08, 2014

The ding at the end of the report.  I know it's crazy but it was strangely comforting.  Ding! you are done! Now sometimes I have to look at the slider (atrocious orange versus comforting Futurenet blue) to be sure I am at the end and not just playing dead silence.    What do my former Futurenet buddies miss? ...

FutureNet Info?
Dec 16, 2009

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me information on this company, especially pay rates, platform, whether it's easy to make lines or not, and all the usual stuff.  Email if you feel more comfortable sharing in that way. Thanks! ~KV ...

What VR Platform FutureNet Uses
Mar 17, 2010

Does anyone know what VR platform FutureNet uses and what they pay for VR work? ...

Futurenet, I Really Do Not Get It. What Am I Missing? Sm
Apr 02, 2010

I recently went back there part-time to supplement my day job after quitting because I got real tired of the highly fluctuating work flows.  My husband really pushed me to do this because we needed the extra money.  Once again, there is never any work for me to do, and yet they are hiring again?  Saying they need 2nd and 3rd shift?  That's what I do.  I'm not even going to bother trying to talk to them about it, because I already tried that and got nothing back ...