A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can anyone provide any insight here? - MDI/Transcend

Posted: Feb 12, 2010

If my account is not located in the mid Atlantic and has had no recent bad weather, why is it so low on work?  If I'm paranoid, please correct me, but what effect could the weather in another area have on my account?

WORK LOAD AT TRANSCEND - SM - Bystander

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been reading the posts on here since THE MERGER with MDI began last year, and have followed all postings with the interest of a passer-by at a car accident - rubbernecking so to speak. The only thing I can come up with about all that is stated here is that - to me- it seems that Transcend is trying VERY hard to get MDI employess to leave their employment without actually coming out and firing them. TO ME - it appears that all work is going to estabilished Transcend workers - perhaps the favorites - before any overflow, after offshoring, goes to former MDI employees, part-timers and IC people. Just my opinion, but after reading all sorts of threads here, I cannot help but come to that conclusion. AND, they have the power to do so by controlling all work pools, picking and choosing who to keep, dependent on whether the TL likes you, your personal agreement with Transcend when you merged, etc...many reasons, but they sure sound like they are doing their best to weed out a lot of people. As to why they have an ad for jobs is mind boggling....Just my opinion.

Your opinion is probably 100% correct - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

I disagree with this viewpoint. - See message.

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes work is just slow. Does anyone not get the feast/famine about this career? It has been this way for 25 yrs (in my experience) way before the supposedly evil MTSOs came on the scene. Just is. Sometimes there is no reason at all - back then and now- for why work is slow.

First off, MDI-MD MTs are still doing MDI accounts. The accounts are finally well-staffed to overstaffed when the volume drops. I am having (as always) no problem getting my lines in and I am not sitting here more than 9 hours (including breaks).

The Transcenders will tell you that your guess here is off too, because they say they have no work and can't even get enough to pay their bills or mortgages.

I used to try to peg it, to figure it out, when I started back in the mid 80s. Impossible to do. The reasons are myriad, and sure, could include evil doing by the MTSOs or Transcend sending work overseas, Transcend is taking MDI accounts and giving it to their current MLSs or MDI is taking Transcend work or the snow or the cold Florida weather or the flu or who in the dickens knows.

Ask for more work. It is there. Ask ask ask.

It appears they ALL do that whenever a merger happens. - They want young/naiive, not older/wiser MTs.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Well, I know that Transcend employees are not - Transcend employee

[ In Reply To ..]
getting MDI's work, at least not this Transcend employee. I am just barely eeking out a living there. I think you might have something when you say that Transcend wants former MDIer's to quit. They are making a much higher salary than what they hire their own employee's so getting rid of the hire salaried MTs put more $ in their pockets. And isn't the goal to make the rich richer?

As far as anybody being a favorite employee at Trancend, they treat us all with contempt.

Another poster said the work is there and to ask, ask, ask. I've found that gets you no place except then they know you need to work. I don't know if they get some kind of personal satisfaction in knowing you are struggling to pay your bills, but I do know it has generated no more work for me.

I think their motto is "overhire" and that is why they are always hiring. That way it keeps us all scavanging for work.

I second that !!! - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

distribution of workflow - pumpernickel

[ In Reply To ..]
Since most of the accounts are mid-Atlantic and they have all been close to zero on work flow this week while the area was snowed in and shut down, that left a lot of MTs with no work and looking for work on accounts that still had some (wasn't me - I'm IC and got kicked off).

Thank goodness they are digging out and my primary finally has some work today. At least there are still a few days to try to salvage my paycheck.

its not just Transcend. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I talked to a person I used to work with who is still in the hospital setting. They are so low on work anymore (no outsourcing) that she has to file records 1 day a week and use vacation and sick days for the other no-work days. Lots of people are too broke to use the hospital if it is not totally necessary.

The economy - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
My business attorney (whose undergrad degree is economics) told me that what we are really in is a global Depression, NOT a Recession, but that no one dares use the D word because they are afraid people would jump out of windows, etc. like in 1929.

interesting, i would like to hear (see) - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
his definitions -- of global depression and of recession -- to better understand from the economic point of view.
The difference between a depression and a recession - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
There is actually a web site is refers to explain it to non-economists like me, but I do not think we are supposed to post web sites on this board. You might try to Google "difference between depression and recession" and it would probably bring it up. Our school system just laid off 500 teachers.
Listing web sites - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
You are not allowed to post specific web sites pertaining to companies policies, I guess inside info, as I have found out. I do not know if the web site you are talking about would fall into this category (it seems to me it would not), but to be on the safe side if someone wants a specific web site you can email it to them.
actually, we are encouraged to post websites - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
That's why the URL/Link box is below in the "post a reply" box.
Please include links to websites - if you are going to cite them - sm
[ In Reply To ..]

Found under 'General Posting Guidelines' on main page of every board on this site.

6.  Use URLs (links to Internet sites) with a summary of the information you are trying to share.

If you are disseminating information obtained from a website, giving the name of the website adds to the credibility of your post and is helpful to those who are interested.  Thanks.

I have been banned 3 times for posting websites .. just so you know (nm) - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
To anon - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
I was banned once for posting a web site pertaining to Transcend's MSL web site. The moderator told me they do not allow posting of specific web sites pertaining to a compan, but rather to email the individual who wants a specific web site.

Similar Messages:

Insight Needed
Jan 15, 2010

I have been reading your posts for sometime now and I can’t  imagine how much this field has changed for some of you who are veterans.  I have been considering going to Career Step through a partnership program they have with Fayetville Technical Community College. I would like some insight from those who are MT’s.  I do not expect to make the salary I am making now working in the legal field but what I am looking for (besides wanting to get away from lawyer ...

Any Insight On Medlinks?
May 03, 2011

Equipment, management, workload (considering for cardiology), insurance, company outlook, anything/everything?  Although entirely pessimistic, I-hate-everything votes will be taken with a grain of salt.  ;-)  Thanks!  ...

Any Insight On MQ RAD Accounts?
Dec 13, 2011

Was emailed to continue hiring process, but don't know much about their radiology accounts.  TIA!! ...

I Want Some Insight Into Why MModal...
Dec 08, 2013

keeps emailing me asking me if I want to come back and work there...UNREAL!  I won't give them the time of day but I worked there and had to put up with the misery and like other OPs here, I got the heck out.  This place is going, going, gone. ...

Insight On Breitner Transcription
Jul 20, 2010

Anyone have any insight on Breitner Transcription.  Was offered a job with them, but as always never know whether to switch companies or not, but the one I am working with now has run out of work. ...

MedRite - Some Insight On This System?
Apr 19, 2011

Can anyone give me some insight on this system? Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Currently Work For SoftScript Have Any Insight? Sm
Apr 23, 2012

I'm considering a position with them.  All the things in the archives are pretty old.  Thanks. ...

Advanced Transcription - Some Insight?
Jun 08, 2012

Does anywho work for this company who could give me some insight? Thanks! ...

Looking For Sound, Knowledgeable Insight...? Anyone?
Mar 14, 2013

http://mmodal.com/partners/greenway/ the course I am taking is explaining how SNOMED in combination with the above-type programs, basically needs to eliminate 'free text' completely from all medical records, and push for template-only documentation.   what does this in reality mean for Coders (because MT is obvious - read the mmodal and greenway info).  Am I wasting my time (and $) taking a coding course, if in a few years the doctors will just need to enter a dx in a ...

Want To Change Companies And Need Insight
May 14, 2014

Been working at a particular company for a few years now and I am just sick of being verbally abused, unappreciated and underpaid. I was considering applying somewhere like Nuance, but I don't have contacts in other companies to give me a clear idea of what they're like. Just browsing the board for other posts has me worried that all these companies are just as bad as where I already work. How painful is it to work for a company like Nuance as compared to some of the smaller ones where ...

Epic - Realistic And Honest Insight
May 02, 2012

Can anyone give me realistic and honest insight as to what effects the Epic electronic record has on employees in the HIM department including transcriptionists, coders, technicians, etc. as well as other employees at doctors' offices. I am contemplating an inside Epic position transferring data from two different electronic record systems into the Epic system. Will this temp position likely be gone after a year or so? I know that a lot of healthcare facilities are moving toward Epic. Epic ...

Newbie Questions- Your Insight Appreciated
Sep 15, 2012

Trying to decide whether to join up and have a few questions.  Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.  And, the reason I am asking here, is that I trust your answers over the suits.  How long from offer to actually starting work? (Since I know they do a background check and have a lot of paperwork.) How long from starting work to actualkly getting a paycheck? How long is training on platform (DQS)?  How long to be fairly productive after training?  What is ...

Which Companies Provide Computers?
Nov 17, 2009

Does anyone know what companies provide computers?  Thanks so much. ...

Can Someone Provide Me With Ventilator Settings? I Mean,
Feb 17, 2010

when doctors give settings for ventilators, FIO2, PEEP and so on.  If someone can provide me a simple list, I would appreciate it.  This isn't for a test and, sadly, I'm not a newbie.  I haven't done these type of reports in a while and my brain seems frozen over.  If anyone can grasp what I'm trying to say and could provide some simple answers, I would really appreciate it.    Thank you. ...

MT Companies That Provide Computer
May 17, 2010

hello: just wondering if anyone can tell me what companies provide computers?  i worked for medigrafix and medquist before.. have been thinking about getting back into transcription but now.. i have to use a company provided computer. thanks for the info. ...

Does Transcend Provide Equipment?
May 17, 2010

Looking for PT work and my personal computer is a laptop with Vista.  Not too many companies allowing that.   TIA ...

Lol...ad To Become An MT Instructor And They Will Provide You With A MT Education
Jun 24, 2010

Transcription Instructor and Will Train (Denver areas) Date: 2010-06-24, 9:43AM MDT Reply to: job-jeudz-1808559848@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] Part time instructor position Med Workshops' Medical Transcription School wishes to hire an Online Instructor. Great opportunity for the right person to work from home in the healthcare and education fields. We may also provide a free education in Medical Transcription to the employee. About Med Workshops Med Workshops ...

What Companies Provide Computer?
Aug 10, 2011

I am thinking about getting back into medical transcription and wondered if there are any companies that provide a computer. I am not interesting in MQ. I don't think there is much job security there anymore, especially since the CEO made that pretty clear in his recent article. ...

Transcription Companies Who Provide PC
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, anyone out there know of any work-from-home transcription companies that provide you with PC?   THANKS!! ...

Transcend....do They Provide Computer?
Feb 02, 2012

I saw their recent ad, just wondering if they provide a computer if you work as an IC.  TIA ...

Please Provide Information On Accentus.
Feb 26, 2012

plotting my escape from M*Modal.  I  was kind of surprised the practicum was all proofreading.  Is that all they have?  How is pay?  Platform easy?  Have 401K match?  Lots of work on weekends?  Any and all reviews appreciated, even bad.  Thanks!   ...

Does M Modal Still Provide Your Computer ...
Apr 26, 2012

It doesn't say in the ad.  I know they used to, just curious.  I have my own computer to use, but wondering if they still send their own to you.  ...

Does M*Modal Provide Computers?
Jul 20, 2012

nm ...

Does MModal Provide Equipment?
Feb 23, 2013

Just curious if M*Modal supplies the equipment (like Medquist used to)?  I haven' worked from home in YEARS and don't have any current equipment (other than my Mac laptop).  Thanks. ...

Companies That Provide Equipment?
Mar 30, 2013

Does anyone know which companies provide the equipment? I need a job desperately. I bought a new computer (HP Pro with Windows 7) but my USB infinity foot pedal will not play the transcription files. I have tried everything, even downloading different programs that were supposed to make it work and still nothing. I installed a foot pedal tester, which shows the foot pedal working, but it won't link up to the files when I test. I need to find a company that will provide the equipment qui ...

Companies Who Provide Equipment?
Jul 30, 2013

Can anybody some names of companies (work from home) who provide all of the equipment?  ty ...

Do Most Companies Provide A Computer Or
Aug 18, 2013

do you have to have one already? Thanks in advance ...

Companies That Provide Equipment
Nov 18, 2013

What are some companies that provide the equipment needed to work from home (computer, foot pedal, etc.). I have worked outside the home doing transcription for nine years and now would like to work from home, mainly due to the fact that I cannot find an outside job, but I do not have any equipment and cannot afford it right now. ...

Does Nuance Provide Equipment?
Nov 28, 2013

Does Nuance provide equipment? I have just started job searching. Thanks! Looking for a nice place to work for from home, been a transcriptionist for 23 years, recently lost my job in work force reduction (outsourcing). ...

Companies Which Provide Equipment?
Aug 11, 2014

Which outsourcing companies provide equipment, i.e. computer and software ? Thanks in advance!   ...