A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any insight on Medlinks? - considering switching

Posted: May 03, 2011

Equipment, management, workload (considering for cardiology), insurance, company outlook, anything/everything?  Although entirely pessimistic, I-hate-everything votes will be taken with a grain of salt.  ;-)  Thanks! 

I worked for them briefly ... - Pumpkins

[ In Reply To ..]
The account that I was on was not a good fit for me, but that was on me, not on them. They were very supportive during the whole time, and we ended our association by mutual agreement. Pay was always on time, every time. Any problems that arose were quickly resolved once brought to their attention. Very responsive. Consistent workload. No insurance as they hire on an IC basis. A big plus is that you don't have to work a schedule (at least that was the case when I worked for them).

If you don't have a need for benefits, I think that they might prove to be a good fit for you. I would go back in a heartbeat if the account were right and they offered a benefits package.

Similar Messages:

MedLinks In TN
Apr 10, 2013

The company I work for has just been bought by MedLinks in Maryville TN.  We were told they are keeping us on, which I am very thankful for, but I am very curious to find out if this is a good company or not.  Does anyone out there currently work for them who can tell me what to expect?  Thanks in advance. ...

MedLinks
Nov 11, 2014

Wham bam thank you ma'am.  That didn't take long, did it?  ...

I Am Very, Very Happy With Medlinks
Sep 06, 2012

I just wanted to share that I am very, very happy with Medlinks.   I have worked for numerous companies over the years, both small and large, on site and remote, and Medlinks is a great fit.  Finally.. I can post happily.  They use infraware platform which is very user friendly.  The owners talk directly to you and genuinely care about their ICs.  They are friendly and compassionate.  The work is pretty steady and I hope keeps growing as this is the best company I have worked for.   ...

MedLinks - Just Sent My Resume
Jan 23, 2015

And 2 seconds later add is down.  I am getting so discouraged.  This must be a pretty good gig with many people applying.  That's just my assumption because obviously the add is now down. Does anyone know if Vista is supported?  They mentioned windows 7 and 8, but not Vista, so I have to assume it's not.  I applied anyway.  Probably won't receive a reply, but just in case I don't want to waste anybody's time.   ...

Anyone Know Anything About MedLinks? I Cannot Seem To Find Anything Current In The Archives. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

Insight Needed
Jan 15, 2010

I have been reading your posts for sometime now and I can’t  imagine how much this field has changed for some of you who are veterans.  I have been considering going to Career Step through a partnership program they have with Fayetville Technical Community College. I would like some insight from those who are MT’s.  I do not expect to make the salary I am making now working in the legal field but what I am looking for (besides wanting to get away from lawyer ...

Can Anyone Provide Any Insight Here?
Feb 12, 2010

If my account is not located in the mid Atlantic and has had no recent bad weather, why is it so low on work?  If I'm paranoid, please correct me, but what effect could the weather in another area have on my account? ...

Any Insight On MQ RAD Accounts?
Dec 13, 2011

Was emailed to continue hiring process, but don't know much about their radiology accounts.  TIA!! ...

I Want Some Insight Into Why MModal...
Dec 08, 2013

keeps emailing me asking me if I want to come back and work there...UNREAL!  I won't give them the time of day but I worked there and had to put up with the misery and like other OPs here, I got the heck out.  This place is going, going, gone. ...

Insight On Breitner Transcription
Jul 20, 2010

Anyone have any insight on Breitner Transcription.  Was offered a job with them, but as always never know whether to switch companies or not, but the one I am working with now has run out of work. ...

MedRite - Some Insight On This System?
Apr 19, 2011

Can anyone give me some insight on this system? Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Currently Work For SoftScript Have Any Insight? Sm
Apr 23, 2012

I'm considering a position with them.  All the things in the archives are pretty old.  Thanks. ...

Advanced Transcription - Some Insight?
Jun 08, 2012

Does anywho work for this company who could give me some insight? Thanks! ...

Looking For Sound, Knowledgeable Insight...? Anyone?
Mar 14, 2013

http://mmodal.com/partners/greenway/ the course I am taking is explaining how SNOMED in combination with the above-type programs, basically needs to eliminate 'free text' completely from all medical records, and push for template-only documentation.   what does this in reality mean for Coders (because MT is obvious - read the mmodal and greenway info).  Am I wasting my time (and $) taking a coding course, if in a few years the doctors will just need to enter a dx in a ...

Want To Change Companies And Need Insight
May 14, 2014

Been working at a particular company for a few years now and I am just sick of being verbally abused, unappreciated and underpaid. I was considering applying somewhere like Nuance, but I don't have contacts in other companies to give me a clear idea of what they're like. Just browsing the board for other posts has me worried that all these companies are just as bad as where I already work. How painful is it to work for a company like Nuance as compared to some of the smaller ones where ...

Epic - Realistic And Honest Insight
May 02, 2012

Can anyone give me realistic and honest insight as to what effects the Epic electronic record has on employees in the HIM department including transcriptionists, coders, technicians, etc. as well as other employees at doctors' offices. I am contemplating an inside Epic position transferring data from two different electronic record systems into the Epic system. Will this temp position likely be gone after a year or so? I know that a lot of healthcare facilities are moving toward Epic. Epic ...

Newbie Questions- Your Insight Appreciated
Sep 15, 2012

Trying to decide whether to join up and have a few questions.  Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.  And, the reason I am asking here, is that I trust your answers over the suits.  How long from offer to actually starting work? (Since I know they do a background check and have a lot of paperwork.) How long from starting work to actualkly getting a paycheck? How long is training on platform (DQS)?  How long to be fairly productive after training?  What is ...