A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Want to change companies and need insight - opqr

Posted: May 14, 2014

Been working at a particular company for a few years now and I am just sick of being verbally abused, unappreciated and underpaid. I was considering applying somewhere like Nuance, but I don't have contacts in other companies to give me a clear idea of what they're like. Just browsing the board for other posts has me worried that all these companies are just as bad as where I already work. How painful is it to work for a company like Nuance as compared to some of the smaller ones where a new MT mentions the name and everyone here literally tells them to RUN AWAY?

Need to change - --

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have been reading these boards and looking at what has been said about the different companies, you probably already know what N and most of the others are like. When you get right down to it, if there are some really good companies to work for, anybody who already works there is not going to give the name up here. I probably wouldn't either. To put it quite bluntly, you have set sail on the Titanic, or any of a number of ships that have sunk. Most of us here are drowning, many have already left this sinking ship. It would be very hard for me to imagine anyone at this late date would tell you to go ahead and take the plunge with N. If you are seriously willing to apply at N, you could apply anywhere and should not worry about how bad it is, because these boards will tell you that N and MM are neck and neck, many of the others are just as bad or not far behind. I have been doing this for 20 years and am getting out and willing to take just about anything to get out. If you are looking for appreciation, kindness and pay commensurate with the work being done, you're definitely looking in the wrong place. Although it is hard to imagine making any less money for what we do than the going rate is right now, I am sure there are suits keeping themselves up at night brainstorming more ways to cut our pay. Most of us who are trying to support ourselves as an MT have more than one job, I have three, they all run out of work. Anybody who is reading this, do you know of any appreciative, sweet-talking, well paying MTSO that you could possibly hook her up with? While you're at it, I'm not so young and I've got a big list that maybe you could help me out with. I'm getting old and tired, need a little R&R, I'd like to hear a little sweet talk myself, I've never been to Hawaii, never taken a cruise, haven't had a real vacation since I went to San Diego when my 26-year-old son was 12, I haven't had any fun in about 35 years. Can you help?

Nuance is the worst of the worst - Abusive to MTs

[ In Reply To ..]
They have an India mentality. US MTs are discouraged and undermined so they can ship more work to India and there is a huge workforce there who do work cheaper than US.

Venture over to Nuance board - and learn about the nasty N

[ In Reply To ..]

I work there and all the ugliness about the company is true and perhaps even understated. 

Yell   Do not go into the darkness of taking a job at nasty Nuance.  Yell

Unfortunately, you are not going to find a company - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
that is good. I have worked at way too many and they are all the same.

Seeking new place too. - Lily

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, this is really disheartening. I too feel a need to get away from the company I've worked for 15 years. I'd have to get paid enough to make the leap and don't want to end up with just more of the same as far as working for a bad company. :( I live in the boonies, so my job options are very limited. I know all companies have bad aspects, but there must be some place nice to work for??

Similar Messages:

Change Companies?
Mar 25, 2013

Just taking a poll, would you switch to Nuance? All things considered, it seems as if both companies are similar? Thought a switch might be a good idea, maybe more work, different environment, just a change. Pay is about the same, would have to invest a small amount for software. Comments? ...

Why Do Companies Change Grammar Rules?
Oct 13, 2010

For example, if the doctor says platelets 277, then that's why you type.  Later on down the road, knock points off my score for typing 277, claiming that we are supposed to type 277,000.  Why does stuff like this ALWAYS seem to happen?  Then I get points off my score because two different QAs are telling me 2 different things.  I can't take this anymore.  The last 3 jobs I have had were like this.  I'm sick of getting yelled at and points taken off ...

Insight Needed
Jan 15, 2010

I have been reading your posts for sometime now and I can’t  imagine how much this field has changed for some of you who are veterans.  I have been considering going to Career Step through a partnership program they have with Fayetville Technical Community College. I would like some insight from those who are MT’s.  I do not expect to make the salary I am making now working in the legal field but what I am looking for (besides wanting to get away from lawyer ...

Can Anyone Provide Any Insight Here?
Feb 12, 2010

If my account is not located in the mid Atlantic and has had no recent bad weather, why is it so low on work?  If I'm paranoid, please correct me, but what effect could the weather in another area have on my account? ...

Any Insight On Medlinks?
May 03, 2011

Equipment, management, workload (considering for cardiology), insurance, company outlook, anything/everything?  Although entirely pessimistic, I-hate-everything votes will be taken with a grain of salt.  ;-)  Thanks!  ...

Any Insight On MQ RAD Accounts?
Dec 13, 2011

Was emailed to continue hiring process, but don't know much about their radiology accounts.  TIA!! ...

I Want Some Insight Into Why MModal...
Dec 08, 2013

keeps emailing me asking me if I want to come back and work there...UNREAL!  I won't give them the time of day but I worked there and had to put up with the misery and like other OPs here, I got the heck out.  This place is going, going, gone. ...

Insight On Breitner Transcription
Jul 20, 2010

Anyone have any insight on Breitner Transcription.  Was offered a job with them, but as always never know whether to switch companies or not, but the one I am working with now has run out of work. ...

MedRite - Some Insight On This System?
Apr 19, 2011

Can anyone give me some insight on this system? Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Currently Work For SoftScript Have Any Insight? Sm
Apr 23, 2012

I'm considering a position with them.  All the things in the archives are pretty old.  Thanks. ...

Advanced Transcription - Some Insight?
Jun 08, 2012

Does anywho work for this company who could give me some insight? Thanks! ...

Looking For Sound, Knowledgeable Insight...? Anyone?
Mar 14, 2013

http://mmodal.com/partners/greenway/ the course I am taking is explaining how SNOMED in combination with the above-type programs, basically needs to eliminate 'free text' completely from all medical records, and push for template-only documentation.   what does this in reality mean for Coders (because MT is obvious - read the mmodal and greenway info).  Am I wasting my time (and $) taking a coding course, if in a few years the doctors will just need to enter a dx in a ...

Epic - Realistic And Honest Insight
May 02, 2012

Can anyone give me realistic and honest insight as to what effects the Epic electronic record has on employees in the HIM department including transcriptionists, coders, technicians, etc. as well as other employees at doctors' offices. I am contemplating an inside Epic position transferring data from two different electronic record systems into the Epic system. Will this temp position likely be gone after a year or so? I know that a lot of healthcare facilities are moving toward Epic. Epic ...

Newbie Questions- Your Insight Appreciated
Sep 15, 2012

Trying to decide whether to join up and have a few questions.  Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.  And, the reason I am asking here, is that I trust your answers over the suits.  How long from offer to actually starting work? (Since I know they do a background check and have a lot of paperwork.) How long from starting work to actualkly getting a paycheck? How long is training on platform (DQS)?  How long to be fairly productive after training?  What is ...

Always See The Companies To Stay Away From, How About Companies To Go To?
Oct 23, 2012

I see many warnings about bogus companies but I need help to steer me to a good company or at least a company that is fair, hiring and gives a fair entrance test.  any ideas?   ...

Sex Change
Nov 22, 2009

I love typing up extremely large reports on a patient with a name that can be either sex (with no info in ADT about the sex either) and then at the very end of a report, the dictator saying:  Ya know, this is a male/female rather than a female/male, please change things around in the report.  Love it! ...

Why Would MME Change
Feb 10, 2010

mom to mother on a VERBATIM account at every instance of dictator clearly saying mom? Is there something I am missing? I wish they would leave some kind of note stating why this was changed. Client profile clearly states "this is a verbatim accouint" and "type as dictated."  QTL does not answer email.  I usually ignore these things, but sometimes it is hard not to get frustrated when you leave 1 blank and get back several corrections for this kind of stuff.  Thanx for th ...

Would U Change This?
Feb 10, 2010

is a 48-year-old gentleman who carries the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis, based on abnormalities separating space and time, MRI changes consistent. ...

Change Is Bad
Sep 11, 2010

There is a book called "Who moved my cheese?" that I would highly recommend for those who are struggling so much with the upgrade.  From this board, it seems that there is no possibility that a major upgrade in a complicated software in and of itself might need some bugs ironed out (anyone heard of Windows?) as opposed to an evil company finding a way for people on the other side of the world to spy on you while you work or a bunch of overpaid executives sitting around a table discussing ho ...

EKG Change. New Q's In II, II, And F And
Nov 18, 2010

My docs are usually ortho - but he threw this in today just to keep me on my toes I guess.    Is this correct? EKG change. New Q's in II, II, and F and a new incomplete left bundle-branch block with poor anterior R-wave progression.   ...

Name Change
Feb 04, 2011

I came across this today, CBay Holdings name change.   http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2011/02/03/medquist-holdings-moves-to-buy-rest-of.html ...

How To Change PSA
May 12, 2011

where do we actually go to sign up for PSA, password change thingie.  I can't figure it out at all.  i am so sick of having to take my time to change all this crap when they should have to pay us to read all this junk and figure it out.  just another thing we don't get paid to do.  i don't even understand why we have to do this either!!!!! what is it accomplishing? ...

MQ Going To Change Their Name AGAIN?
Aug 03, 2011

They have changed their name so many times since I have been with this for the last 25 years.  Gee, wonder what the new name will be??  I can think of quite a few new names for THIS company, but they would not like it!!!!! ...

New 7.2 Anyone Else Have No Change Other
Mar 10, 2013

I heard about the production bar at the top..I dont have that, my icon changed other than that, I dont see a difference ...

Change In QA?
Mar 31, 2013

Just checked FIESA (which I loathe), and now instead of my blanks, which I put in because I cannot understand what the heck they're saying and don't want to guess and get points taken off my score, are now SOMETIMES being filled in by QA and I get points taken off!! I feel they are just trying to find ways to whittle down our scores below 99% so they bonus stays with them and not going to the prostitutes I feel we are (you know, where the pimp keeps the majority of the money and we ...

IDK About This Change....
Oct 01, 2013

We had management changes over the weekend for my new account and the new manager sent out e-mails today that we have to get new e-mails, must start using some probably crap butt IM program (I HATE IM!) and they insist that if your account runs out of work that you wait 10 minutes, then e-mail them then wait up to 15 minutes to see if they can find you some work before you can move to your secondary if that account has work.  Meanwhile that means 25 minutes of no pay time waiting around for ...

About To Cry Over Change
Oct 29, 2014

Before this recent change, I had a pretty good account and nice supervisor and QA person.  Before that account, I had a horrible one, so the second one was like heaven.  I had it for maybe a year, then this switch.  Now I'm getting a lot of muffled reports I can barely make out, and a lot more ESL doctors and mumblers.  I just want to cry.   As far as the sound, I never thought, after all the years I've been doing this, that we'd still be contend ...

ASR Got It Right For A Change
Nov 14, 2014

Instead of printing, signed Dr ** Printed "At this juncture a dementing trip." Sums up MT work pretty well don't you think? ...

Pay Change
Jan 23, 2015

Did anyone get the email about the new way of paying us. Something about monthly which I really don't understand what they are talking about. ...

So, Do You Think Medquist Will Change Their Name?
Jun 07, 2010

They always have in the past.  Medquist/Secrephone merge became MRC Group.  Then MRC Group and Transcription Limited became Medquist.  Since Spheris was bankrupt and every one knows Medquist and they were number 1 and number 2 big companies, I am wondering if they would change their name.  Last time when the company came up with the name Medquist, it was done by a contest and the employes had to vote for the new name. ...