A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Another question about searching in the Company Board - lmh

Posted: Nov 12, 2009

When I try to search for some company that has very common words in it like "Transcription Unlimited" my results are really not what I'm looking for - like posts about unlimited long-distance calls.  Is there a way around this problem?

Until the MTStars Board is up 100% and all the bugs are out, I hope we never see - "Check the Archives" -- very rude

[ In Reply To ..]

The only way I have currently found to find a specific company that has a common name without also bringing up garbage is to use the ARCHIVES instead of the SEARCH option and then a standard FIND.   The Archives go back 4 years, but the way large companies are buying out small companies, and the way platforms have been changing, I think if the information is more than 12 months old, it is probably too outdated to be of any use anyway. 

The Archives only pull up one month at a time, so if you want to go back a full year’s worth, you would have to do the search 12 times, starting with the current month and working backwards until the information sounds too old to be useful.  But it is still a lot faster and more accurate than trying to sift through all the garbage that comes up now when you do a Search for common names.

No offense to the Moderators or whoever chose this new format, but it does leave a lot to be desired in the way of searching for older information.  I am going to assume that the Board is still working on improving this feature and that one day it will be a great deal easier to find the company we are searching for.  But in the meantime, this FIND option really does a decent job, in a fairly short period of time. 

So, if I want information about, say, All Type Medical Transcription Service (which would never show up on a regular search even before the new format changes) I go to

1.  ARCHIVES

2.  Company Board

3.  November

4.  2009

Then when that month’s posts comes up, I use the regular Word Find:

5.  [CTRL+F] and type in “all type” and just search down the page. 

If there is nothing useful in November of 2009, I repeat by going to October of 2009, and so on. 

You all get the idea and I am being way too specific.  I know. 

The only other problem is that using Find with [CTRL+F] will only search what is visible ("Subject" words and "Nickname" words) and not any words within the threads, but as far as I could tell when I tried to search using SEARCH it does the same thing.  The only difference is that SEARCH shows the first couple of lines of the thread even though it will not find words contained in those threads.  I also think most of the MTs are pretty good about putting Company names or whatever the post is about right on the "Subject" line, even as the Reply threads go down the page. 

Now that was kind of confusing, so I hope you understood what I mean. 

Lastly but still an option, of course, is the tried and true Google Search:

“mtstars all type 2009

which will also bring up those words, either in the "Subject" or within Reply threads, but Goggle is pretty hit and miss on picking up all the occurrences within MTStars. 

At any rate, hopefully the Board will eventually get a faster, more accurate SEARCH function.  One with wildcards or advance search options so that it will search for only a specific 2 or 3 words as a unit, instead of breaking up the words individually when it does a search. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for your suggestions - Moderator.

[ In Reply To ..]
Your suggestions have been forwarded to our technical support staff.

thanks for the help - ggmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been trying to find old posts here for weeks. BTW, Google search doesn't always work, especially when you're looking through the Google cache for an old post.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Work For B's Keys" I See On Searching The Board That There Have Been Problems In T
Oct 15, 2014

xx ...

Issue With Searching Company Names In That
Dec 16, 2014

Honestly, why when you search a company do tons of posts from 2006 and previous come up and you have to go through pages and pages of old posts before you see the recent info?The posts should be date order, latest first, IMHO. Who cares what people wrote about a company in 2006 when so many things have changed? I think anything older than a few years ago should not even be included in the search results since not only have most companies changed massively, our work environment has as well, i.e. ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

Been Searching And Searching And Cannot Find
Apr 05, 2010

The patient has a few-month history of thigh pain and numbness.  Overall, I suspect the symptoms are likely secondary to radicular origin associated with his L4-5 spondylosis with foraminal narrowing.  However, other causes including meralgia paresthetica or diabetic s/l amioxi should be excluded.   I appreciate any help you guys can offer!  Thanks :) ...

ANYONE NOTICE COMPANY BOARD
Aug 27, 2011

I still browse the site although I have pretty much left the field due to companies such as the ones being mentioned on the company board over and over and over and over ... sorry got carried away.  These type of companies are what ruined this field of work.  It was a field of pride in your job, worked hard for our money always as we were always paid by production.  How is that more and more its required to have a typed document yet our pay has gone down significantly? ?? take not ...

Job Seekers Board Post With No Company Name
Apr 01, 2010

Why is there a post on the Job Seekers Board with no company name?  Also, you can reply by email, but the name is still undisclosed.  I thought that was not allowed.  Who would send a resume to some unknown person/company?     ...

Is The Company Board Shut Down Or Broken? Nm
May 24, 2010

nm ...

ATTN: ALL COMPANY BOARD POSTERS - SM
Jun 25, 2011

Enough of this bickering.  Stop it. Each one of you have to simply accept that there are others out there who have NOT had YOUR particular experience with the company in question (i.e., whichever company is being discussed).  Having a positive experience with a company or simply not agreeing with you does not make the other poster a "suit" or "management" so stop with that labeling.  As well, stop with the accusations that those with negative posts are "whiners" or "babies" or " ...

Job Seeker's Board, Orthopedic MTs; Company Name Not Given.
Sep 08, 2010

nm ...

Whoa, What Is Happening To The Company Board?
Jan 25, 2013

nm ...

How Do I Look Up A Company On The Company Board?
Nov 09, 2009

I'm trying to do research on some companies before applying.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible to do this yet on MTStars?  Also if you know of other web sites that are good for this type of research, that would be helpful as well. ...

No Company Name, Anyone Know Who The QA Position Is For On The Job Seeker’s Board
Dec 09, 2010

How come all the questionable job openings all happen about the same time? Anyone know what company the QA Recruiter is working for?  There is no company name listed and there is absolutely nothing on Google for that Email address.   ...

There Was A Discussion On The Company Board About Tax Deducions And I'm Curious. Sm
Feb 03, 2013

Their discussion got a little heated and I'm not interested in that, but I have been an IC the last couple of years and I have never had enough deductions to itemize -- is that unusual? I am single, no dependents, my office portion of my apartment is only about 10%, so that means only about $100/month for rent/utilities/internet, so still way below the standard deduction. Am I missing something? TIA. ...

Excuse Me, Back To Company Board Business. Any Info On All Physician's Trans?
Apr 25, 2012

TIA!   ...

Job Searching
Dec 28, 2009

I have been recently sending out my resume along with inquiring whether certain companies I am interested in are currently hiring.  About 90% have not had even the courtesy to acknowledge receiving the e-mail.  I am wondering if anyone also recently looking has had this problem and if anyone knows if companies not hiring generally keep this info on file or does it make sense in a month or two to recontact.  I can certainly tell the market has cha ...

Keep Searching
Jun 23, 2011

As I was reading through a lot of the depressing posts I thought I would share my experience. I have been an MT for almost 4 years. I was with the same company for almost 3 as an IC. I worked part-time to stay home with my kids. I completely agree with others about how hard it can be with the being in work mode all the time and the ups and downs. At the time I wasn't the sole provider though. However my husband got laid off the beginning of this year and I started to look for full-time ...

Searching Again
Oct 12, 2010

Does anyone know of a company hiring that supports both satellite and 64-bit windows Vista?  Just found out my hospital is keeping their work inhouse as of the end of this month:( ...

Been Job Searching For 2 Months...
Nov 27, 2009

With no luck. Sent tons of resumes and taken tests without many replies.  I'm starting to get worried now. ...

When Searching For A New Employer
Nov 25, 2010

Check with the BBB.  They shouldn't just have NO activity, but be part of the ongoing audit, not just boast they have had NO activity.  Heck, I have had no activity!!!  It is only as good as what is submitted. You may have been in business 10+ years but screwed people over 5+ years of that time.  If no one reports you, the activity continues.... Watch RIPOFF reports.  They do not lie.  Unfortunately, not enough people file these reports so some of us are ...

Job Searching And New At IC And Testing.
Feb 28, 2013

I know these things have probably been covered before here, but could someone please give me some general advice on what it is to be an IC?  Do you just send the IRS a quarterly payment and that's it?  What about Social Security and matching?  I have always done my own taxes, but I am in new territory here and probably will need a tax preparer now, but until then..... Also, when testing for companies, I find I cannot use my foot pedal with some.  How can I do that?  ...

Wow, I Was Just Searching The Internet For An
Dec 15, 2014

and came up with a listing for it on eBay. I wonder if you get any discount on your hospital bill if it is bidding on your surgical equipment on eBay, or even if you can bring your own.  Forget high surgeon fees, this stuff is radically expensive!!! ...

Searching For School
May 21, 2015

I am in Southwest Washington looking for accredited coding/billing school. should i do online or in class? im brand new at this...please help! ...

Needing Help About Searching People
Sep 13, 2010

I know someone who needs to be checked on and every time I google free public record search, it takes me to a PAY site.  Can anyone direct me to a FREE site to search public records?  TIA ...

Strategies In Job Searching For A New MT Grad
Feb 20, 2011

Does anyone have any strateges for job searching as  new MT grad?  I am willing to do general transcription work. ...

Searching For Doctors In Fluency
May 13, 2013

Is it me or is this more of a pain recently? Seems like the specialities are not listed and instead it just says medicine so it is really hard to find some doctors, and the search by just specialty just doesn't work anymore? I've had to go into the hospital websites several times today to find a doc by the specialty, cause God forbid they spell the off the wall names. ...

Probably A Stupid Question But Do We Get Paid For The CC's I Keep Searching For
Mar 14, 2012

thinking Im not searching anymore and just gonna phonetically spell them and let the doctors office find them ...

Advising The New Coding Students Or Those Searching For Their First Job
Nov 07, 2012

Coders who post on this board need to remind themselves that it is basically for MTs who are networking.    A medical transcriptionist who is a coding student or has become a newly certified coder has now learned in the last couple of days that: 1.      MT experience, other than medical knowledge, means nothing in the coding world.  There IS a big difference between school coding and actual work. 2.      The ...

Newly Graduated. Searching For Companies
May 14, 2013

I recently graduated MT school from Career Step and I'm in the process of looking up companies that would be good to apply for. I have a small list of potential companies but I would rather not apply without any feedback on the company first. I'd rather not be offered a job and take it not knowing anything about them. If you know anything (good or bad) about the following companies I would greatly appreciate your input! MedScribe TriStar RI Transcription Quality Transcripti ...

After Searching The Archives, I Cannot Find Any Recent
Sep 06, 2013

info on companies that use DocQScribe. Does anyone know the companies that use this? ...