A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ANYONE NOTICE COMPANY BOARD - XMT

Posted: Aug 27, 2011

I still browse the site although I have pretty much left the field due to companies such as the ones being mentioned on the company board over and over and over and over ... sorry got carried away.  These type of companies are what ruined this field of work.  It was a field of pride in your job, worked hard for our money always as we were always paid by production.  How is that more and more its required to have a typed document yet our pay has gone down significantly? ?? take note my fellow MTs EMR is where it is for us now get yourself in with a doctor or office that will need your background.  So many are on deadlines to get this up and running... sell yourself you can transcribe for them to get it up and running, input necessary files, scan into medical records you all know your stuff ... its easy medical records labs, path reports, imaging, hospital notes, consults... medication lists.  I nearly lost everything trying to hang in there and do this work well i took job as medical records lady and I am coming back ! work as MT part time you will make what you need then.  GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

what do you mean by... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
get yourself in with a doctor or office? Doing what? I have no experience getting EMR up and running, or imputting necessary files (as you call it), or scanning medical records. I work from home editing and typing. How will I sell that?

I mean - XMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was same MT/Editor.. applied for job in medical records, I file lab reports (you know what they are BUN, creatinine, CBC ... pathology, progress notes (we type these) and radiology exams look like. You have the terminology and knowledge more so than a person off street. Our field has given us much experience and you would be taught how to use their system. If you are computer literate which we must be to work from home do not think working from home as MT forever is going to be there. prepare yourselves many offices have to convert and will be in need of people to just help even do the initial typing into the patient's files..send out flyers to offices as they will have to employ a service or on-site staff to do this for their records to go to EMR. I hope this helped.

So you're a file clerk- - No thanks...

[ In Reply To ..]
BORING!

company board - nina

[ In Reply To ..]
I sure hope you don't type my medical records. Your grammar, sentence structure, spelling, punctuation (pretty much everything that our job entails) is awful.
EMR - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You all are not seeing the big picture. Look at the message. I have had my pay cut in half in this field because of technology, outsourcing and offshoring. The poster is simply stating what else our skills could bring us and hopefully pay is more than min wage. Technology is the reason we are all taking pay cuts, why not let technology work in favor for some of us.
I agree. - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
Those of you who cannot make a living with MT should find something else. There are still thousands of MTs doing well with this profession. If you can make more being a file clerk, then go for it.
Heed warning - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
You are still one of the lucky ones; however, I once had a doctor say to me
"can't you see the writing on the wall"! I am still making pretty good money, but I live in the real world where this profession is going in the toilet, so I hope to get out before I get flushed down.

gee, I always wanted to be a "medical records lady:" - AnonMt

[ In Reply To ..]
but I'm no lady.

EMR - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much. I was just thinking of this the other day and how I could do that. With Obama administration pushing for EMR I think you are spot on about this. Thank you again for your posting.

Thank you, XMT - cardioMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think what you said is totally on-target. As far as the subsequent posts, the attitudes displayed are horrible. Either we are willing to change and grow with our profession AND, more importantly, improve our attitudes...or we will be left behind as a bunch of grumbling little old lady "typists". We all need to decide which path we will take in this new and changing environment.

Similar Messages:

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

You Quit A Company W/o Notice And
Sep 11, 2011

You are told you are not eligible for rehire.  Then you go to work for another company who is then bought out by the first company.  The one you are not eligible for rehire with.  What happens?  Are you not offered option to stay on with them?  ...

Another Question About Searching In The Company Board
Nov 12, 2009

When I try to search for some company that has very common words in it like "Transcription Unlimited" my results are really not what I'm looking for - like posts about unlimited long-distance calls.  Is there a way around this problem? ...

Job Seekers Board Post With No Company Name
Apr 01, 2010

Why is there a post on the Job Seekers Board with no company name?  Also, you can reply by email, but the name is still undisclosed.  I thought that was not allowed.  Who would send a resume to some unknown person/company?     ...

Is The Company Board Shut Down Or Broken? Nm
May 24, 2010

nm ...

ATTN: ALL COMPANY BOARD POSTERS - SM
Jun 25, 2011

Enough of this bickering.  Stop it. Each one of you have to simply accept that there are others out there who have NOT had YOUR particular experience with the company in question (i.e., whichever company is being discussed).  Having a positive experience with a company or simply not agreeing with you does not make the other poster a "suit" or "management" so stop with that labeling.  As well, stop with the accusations that those with negative posts are "whiners" or "babies" or " ...

Job Seeker's Board, Orthopedic MTs; Company Name Not Given.
Sep 08, 2010

nm ...

Whoa, What Is Happening To The Company Board?
Jan 25, 2013

nm ...

How Do I Look Up A Company On The Company Board?
Nov 09, 2009

I'm trying to do research on some companies before applying.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible to do this yet on MTStars?  Also if you know of other web sites that are good for this type of research, that would be helpful as well. ...

No Company Name, Anyone Know Who The QA Position Is For On The Job Seeker’s Board
Dec 09, 2010

How come all the questionable job openings all happen about the same time? Anyone know what company the QA Recruiter is working for?  There is no company name listed and there is absolutely nothing on Google for that Email address.   ...

There Was A Discussion On The Company Board About Tax Deducions And I'm Curious. Sm
Feb 03, 2013

Their discussion got a little heated and I'm not interested in that, but I have been an IC the last couple of years and I have never had enough deductions to itemize -- is that unusual? I am single, no dependents, my office portion of my apartment is only about 10%, so that means only about $100/month for rent/utilities/internet, so still way below the standard deduction. Am I missing something? TIA. ...

Excuse Me, Back To Company Board Business. Any Info On All Physician's Trans?
Apr 25, 2012

TIA!   ...

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

Anyone Notice This Lately
May 19, 2010

In almost every ASR report lately, there have been gross errors in the dosages of medications.  In 1 report today, it had Colace 70 mg when the dictator clearly said 100 mg.  Then in another report, it had Protonix 3 mg daily when the dictator said 40 mg daily.  Watch your dosages closely!!!!  Something is up! ...

Anybody Notice This With 6.1?
Sep 07, 2010

remember the system used to automatically capitalize the first letter as you were typing..i.e. after a period (.) etc. well, it is no longer doing this....wonder why? wonder if there is a way to get it to do this as I found this to be a time saver...   ....upgrade?   things are seeming to take longer to me ??? ...

Did Anyone Else Notice This On 6.1?
Sep 07, 2010

For some reason I keep thinking they covered this on the tutorial...but I'm a shift and don't have time to figure it out.  When I did the spell check at the end (which took an exceptionally long time), it appeared all my text turned BLUE (liike it does when you highlight) and then disappeared! I didn't just lose my stuff, did I?Also so far, I don't see a big change in the headings. I'm typing them like normal.  And I couldn't remember the new numbering sy ...

NOTICE: Regarding Job Ads -- SM
Jun 15, 2011

Posters, MTStars has a a few requirements for the job ads that are placed on our Job Seeker's board.  These are in place to provide a minimum of information for you (company name, city and state of business and a visible email address) to do your research on before applying.  We also have a minimum pay that can be posted (5 cpl for transcription and 3 cpl for editing, QA, etc.). You can see all of the ad requirements by reviewing the sticky note at the top of the Job Seeker' ...

Anybody Ever Notice
Dec 18, 2011

That sometimes when you complete a job, the next job in the que downloads but then the second job that is supposed to come up in your que takes forever to show up? I sometimes think it has to take a minute to search for the very worst job to send me. ...

Anyone Else Notice That ASR Is A Lot Better
Jul 30, 2012

Easier to send to India this way..just saying. ...

Does Anyone Know If Notice Is Given If
Nov 07, 2012

we are locked out immediately?  ...

You Ever Notice
Nov 21, 2012

in these few posts below that as they go on and you ask more questions, the OP reveals more and more about themselves and they give inconsistent answers and you can tell they really don't work for MM? I think some of these posts are made up. Changing the NJA policy for T-day? Letter of appreciation? Just trying to stir the pot and unfortunately too many people fall for it. Does anybody really believe a CCM sent an email telling us to check every 30 minutes tomorrow? That goes against ...

Job Notice
Apr 29, 2014

Work for a company for over a year, they switch accounts without notice. Is it common to just quit and move to another job, or is it always best to give a notice? I am not sure I owe them one at this point and need to consider my needs. ...

TLs And Notice
Dec 24, 2014

Yesterday, my TSM sent out an e-mail notifying us that in January, the team leads will be transitioning to other positions as that job description is being done away with.  All I can say is I sure hope they had more warning and that it was not a surprise.  The TSM also asked for patience with her as she assumes their duties.  I wanted to laugh as I have not been overall impressed with the duties she was already performing. ...

AP-ers: Anyone Else Notice...
Jun 22, 2015

... a lower rate of holiday pay on their most recent pay stub?  We're now supposedly being paid by the DOL wage determination rate based on where the facility is located. I volunteered to work on one of the new facilities until they got caught up.  The WDR for this facility is considerably less than the other facility I work on. I noticed that the holiday pay was according to the rate for the lower-wage facility that I agreed to temporarily work on.  ...

Laid Off, No Notice
Nov 19, 2009

I just got laid off from Proscript in an email, I think this was very cold, no warning, no 2 weeks notice, nothing......I have worked for them since 2005, this is just wrong..... ...

? About Two Weeks Notice
Mar 02, 2010

What if I don't give a 2 week notice?  Is it really gonna hurt me?  I doubt they give detailed information about what kind of employee you were.  Maybe just dates.  I have been with this company since the mid 90s and I hate to just up and leave like that, but I don't know if I can take it another day.  Every week its something new.  My pay is down to almost nothing.  With the type of reports I get, there is no way I'm making 5% and living with my ...

Leaving MQ 2 W/o Notice What Can They Do?
Mar 21, 2010

Does anyone know if MQ can take some of your check that is due to arrive, already approved, if we suddenly just quit and leave?  What can they do if we don't give a 15-30 day notice?????  How soon do they want their old computer back?  Any information about leaving without notice is really appreciated!!!!  ...