A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Amphion or TTS - affiliated with Nuance? - nn

Posted: Jun 24, 2015

Both these are hiring for less than 40 hours a week.  See pros and cons for both. 

I had seen where TTS uses Nuance's QA?  Nuance grid system is just what I want to get away from.

Comparison of the 2 companies appreciated.

Considered SoftScript, but see there is no way in *^*&^ to get any day shift hours even with splitting part 1st shift and part 2nd or 3rd.

TTS - Alpha Male

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes they are affiliated with Nuance (TTS) Left there a while ago...no pay...work like dogs....no work lots of time.

Different Story...sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
TTS does some Nuance overflow work. May sometimes be Nuance QA but not always. TTS has their own pay system, and as you are their employee, you don't get paid according to the Nuance Grid. I rarely ran out of work and averaged around $10-$11/hour. The Escription drafts on my accounts were excellent and easy to get more than the required lines. Different experience.

Same song, another verse - OKMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for TTS and really liked the company and the people I had contact with. They do subcontract from Big N, I don't know anything about using the Big N QA. They had their own QA when I was there (left March 2015) and it wasn't bad. Definitely their own way of figuring pay.

AMphion or TTS - ex tts

[ In Reply To ..]
I can see how you can make some money with TTS but you have to get the good accounts. My average with them was about 10-12 an hour. TTS does use Nuance for QA (from India) and a little of their own. But TTS has their own grading system, and not as fierce as Nuance. Again, TTS is not a bad company. Their pay may seem a little lower per line, but they do include spaces and headers and footers, so that basically equals out to what other companies are paying. I had a friend who worked for Nuance (before the degrading new pay system) and we both made about the same. I would have to do 2000 lines a day to equal her 1600 lines a day to make the same, but as I said their pay per line is computed differently. I left because of lack of work on my accounts.

I found a little MT job for a nice young lady who still runs her own business and has her own accounts. It is straight typing and 8 cents a line. It is only for two docs with one specialty. No QA really, although I am sure she looks over my work. So much less stress than the big companies. I actually like transcribing again.

Try to find these little companies. Apparently, they still do exist, albeit as an IC.

Good luck.

Amphion or TTS - affiliated with Nuance? - No - Amphion MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Amphion is not affiliated with any other company, and a great place to work. Feel free to email me.

How can you say it is a great place to work when they - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
don't pay for spaces? Just wondering as I've never worked for a place that doesn't pay for spaces. I just can't wrap my head around why they don't pay for spaces and how much that influences your paycheck. Thanks for any info.

Similar Messages:

Is Amphion Affiliated With Any Larger Companies
Jan 09, 2013

Is Amphion affiliated with any larger companies, or are they their own entity? Anyone know about how they work, etc? ...

Largest Transcription Companies Out There That Are Not Affiliated With Nuance?
Apr 10, 2014

What are some of the largest transcription companies out there that are not affiliated with Nuance?  It is way too hard to get a parttime job with smaller independent hospitals.  ...

Nuance Or Amphion.....
Apr 13, 2013

I have had the interview with Ampion as was said in my previous message.  I've got a good feeling about it.  Last night, I get an email from Nuance that I passed their testing and they want to speak to me about a possible position.  What to do...... ...

Amphion, Diskriter, Nuance
Aug 28, 2012

Looking for feedback both negative and positive on these three companies.  I have been hired by one and have interviews with the other two.  Two of the companies are strictly  VR and one is straight typing.  I am looking for pros and cons on VR versus straight typing, how QA personnel are to work with, difficult dictation, and whether or not the work is steady. Thank you for anything you have to offer.  ...

Is Amphion Part Of Nuance?
Sep 12, 2013

I work for Amphion and I'm generally happy with it. That said, I've seen on here before that Amphion is part of Nuance. Then in one of my emails recently I saw the name Nuance mentioned (in reference to workload). Is that true? That kinda makes me a little uneasy seeing that MM and N are the top two undesirables (that's putting it nicely). I've read through the Nuance postings and see alot of negative comments and I am wondering if some of that applies to Amphion MTs too. My ...

Compare Nuance And Amphion ??
Feb 22, 2015

Anyone have experience with both and able to give a comparison?  Line requirements, benefits, QA, etc. TIA ...

Amphion Or Nuance? Lesser Of 2 Evils....
Apr 15, 2015

I am wondering if there are any current Amphion employees out there that can give me an idea what it is like over there? Pay, accounts, platform? I tested with them yesterday but then saw some poor reviews on another site. I currently work for Nuance and am wondering if just staying with what I know might be better, or should I try to do both part-time until something else comes along??? I am wanting to get into coding but have to bide my time until I can pay for school, which is why I applied f ...

Q For Amphion MTs
Sep 29, 2010

Anyone ever get fired from Amphion for not meeting line requirements? I work for them FT or more as needed and have yet to make the 12,000 line requirement. I've been with them for 6 months now and have not heard a peep about it. My QA is meeting requirements and my attendance is excellent, but I have yet to make the line count. I've switched my schedule, asked for another team, another account, work extra, racked my brain, all to no answer or just "no". I'm not sure what to do a ...

Amphion (sm)
Apr 08, 2014

Considering  applying for work with Amphion.  I understand they do not pay for spaces.  Do they pay for headers or do anything to bring up the line rate?  If not, I won't bother.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Know Anything About Amphion?
May 02, 2014

Does anyone know anything about Amphion.  I know nothing.  I think I'm going to have to find another job because of changes being made in the company I work at currently.  I can't afford such a drastic pay cut as what is coming for me so I'm looking around for a transcription job, not VR.  Any information good or bad is welcome.  Thanks to anyone who responds.  It is greatly appreciated.  ...

Considering Amphion
May 17, 2014

I'm considering applying to Amphion and haven't found any recent posts from MTs. I'd love to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly! ...

Amphion QA
Aug 13, 2014

Can anyone tell me what software is used by Amphion? Is it Editscript? If not, what software do you need to know for QA positions? Thanks! ...

Amphion ?
Sep 18, 2014

I'm applying at Amphion just wondering if anyone could give me some current information on them.  Good company to work for?  Pays on time and accurate?  Enough work to go around?  I did a search for info but didn't see anything real recent.  I'd appreciate any information you can offer.  Thanks! ...

Amphion Anyone?
Dec 02, 2014

Anyone heard of or worked for Amphion??? ...

Amphion Anything?
Mar 17, 2015

Hello!  Can anyone tell me anything about Amphion; specifically how costly is their health insurance?  Do they provide steady work?  Thank you in advance! ...

Amphion - Anyone Work For Them At All?
Oct 12, 2009

how are they to work for?  Are they fair? ...

Horski, How Was Your 1st Day With Amphion?
Mar 08, 2010

xx ...

Amphion Pay Range?
May 17, 2010

Can anyone provide a ballpark range of what Amphion pays for straight transcription per line and for VR? I understood they also offered a shift differential. Thanks! ...

Amphion...anything GOOD To Say About Them?
May 20, 2010

I've narrowed my job search down to two companies with Amphion being one of them. I'd appreciate it if anybody could give me an idea of their experience at Amphion with respect to pay, if their SR platform works well, how long it took you to get up to speed and earning decent money, how much SR and how much typing, etc. Basically the stuff that you would have liked to known before you went to work at Amphion.   Thanks very much ...

Anybody Work For Amphion
Sep 14, 2010

xvxvxvx ...

Amphion And Transolutions
Oct 31, 2010

I have had offers from both Amphion and Transolution. I was just curious if anyone had insight into either of those companies. I am really tired of choosing the wrong company to work for. I think I picked a good one and then end up being so low on work that I can't pay my bills. Please help, I don't want to make this mistake again. Thanks ...

Another Amphion Question
Nov 09, 2010

Do you have to get a 100% QA score to get a raise? What score do you have to get? ...

For Those Of You Who Work For Amphion...sm
Nov 19, 2010

Could you please tell me if you make a decent salary and how long did it take you to reach that.  I will be working for Amphion soon and I am a little leary about it.  Also, how are their dictators and is there plenty of work?  Any other info you have would be helpful.   Thanks for your help! ...

What Is The Pay Like At Amphion? Enough To Pay Your Bills?
Nov 22, 2010

nm ...

Considering Employment With Amphion
Jan 05, 2011

I am considering employment with Amphion.  I've heard it's a great company to work for. Does anyone have any feedback regarding Amphion that they'd be willing to share? Thanks - Joyce ...

I Heard That Amphion...
Jan 29, 2011

pays $10/hr during training process, 2-3 months, or until you get your line count up to exceed that.  Are there any other companies out there that do this or something comparable?      ...

Anyone Interview With Amphion And Now
Feb 14, 2011

waiting to see if they have anything for you? I interviewed with them over a week ago, told them what days I wanted to work. They said they would see what I accounts my schedule fits and get back with me and I still have not heard anything back yet? Anyone know if this is normal for them?  Thanks ...

Amphion - Yes/no? All Opinions Welcome :)!
Apr 04, 2011

My small local service was recently bought by another small service. Love my job, but there's no work available. I've been offered & am considering trying part-time with Amphion just to make ends meet. I haven't been with a bigger company for about 9 years - back in the days of HealthScribe - and have a huge knot in my stomach every time I think about it - lol....anyhoo, I'd love to hear from any current or ex-Amphion employees about the good, the bad, and the ugly :). Th ...

Amphion Question...
Apr 25, 2011

Say you get health insurance, but then for several pay periods they don't give you enough work to make the required lines for health insurance anymore. Do they take insurance away from you or let you keep it? ...

Amphion And/or Archivus
May 01, 2011

Can some of you shed some light on either or both of these companies?  IC/employee, enough work, pay etc?  Thanks! ...