A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is the pay like at Amphion? Enough to pay your bills? - nm

Posted: Nov 22, 2010

nm

8/4 is what I was offered and declined. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Depends... - SassyPants

[ In Reply To ..]
(I posted this response elsewhere on MTstars in answer to someone else as well and just pasted it here for you instead of directing you there) Anyway...

What do you consider "decent?" or enough? That could vary by your location, family, bills, expenses, etc. (obviously). Another poster mentioned something about the $10/hr training, that is just to suck you in, IMO. After that 90 days, you will most likely not be making that anymore.

IMO, it is not decent. If I make line count working 35 hrs/week x CPL it comes out to $7-8/hr. Take out taxes and insurance benefits (just for me as that is all I can afford) and it's about $5/hr. Even with working exactly 40 hours (b/c we never get OT approved until summer, of course) it still comes out to $8-9/hr.

Granted, I'm on only 1 team and 1 account and 1 platform (Triton). I have asked for more work and more of everything, but have yet to be able to do that. Like most MTSOs, it is feast or famine.

I like the company and my team and coworkers, but if it was not for the insurance, I would have been gone already. I need benefits badly and have used it quite a bit since I got it in July and am hoping to get all my appts and the like in by the end of the year. (my hubby's job does not offer insurance either).

The best thing is the insurance just by comparison to other people that I know as far as coverage, premiums, flex/HRA, etc.

The dictators I have on Triton are pretty good. There is maybe 1 doc that is horrible, but as far as ST or VR, they are very good.

In all honesty, I have been looking for another position since my 90 days was up (I started in March). I want a FT job with hourly pay and benefits (as don't we all?) so I can get out of MT entirely. OR at least a PT position elsewhere so I can stay with Amphion PT for the insurance.

VR is boring, especially if you only have 1 account b/c it is very monotonous. Even if I am lucky enough to get a ST report, it is usually psych and LONG, which is great on the line counts but he** on the hands! VR to me feels like correcting high school term papers all day and either putting in or taking out stupid commas.

Other MTs thru Amphion make line count and beyond every single paycheck. Probably due to more than 1 account, or Escription, or busier hours available, or a combination of the 3.

As far as plenty of work, I play the every-other-day game. One day I'm slammed my whole shift and the next day I'm sitting on here with NJA.

All in all, I am in the middle as far as being happy with Amphion. They are way better than the previous MTSO I was at, but I just cannot make good enough money to support myself and my hubby even with him having a job as well and just our monthly expenses.

It's not my intention to scare you, just prepare you and to think realistically about this profession in general. But, I still think they are one of the better MTSOs out there compared to others. Just my opinion.

Not to mention, working weekends and holidays is just not worth the money even with steady jobs all day due to them cutting out holiday pay and missing my family and plans as well. It's hard some days because it feels like a bad place to work, but the people are so nice so it makes it hard to leave.

Send me a private email if you would like more info :-)

Thanks so much for your post! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

no to Amphion - Grouch

[ In Reply To ..]
I made a HUGE mistake going to Amphion over a month ago. what a joke this company is. The recruiter assured me that I'd stay busy and I'm out of work after a few hours. Their QA is ridiculous too. I thought I'd do really well on 9 cpl but then it's all editing and I won't be able to make any money on editing. I don't know how some MTs can make money on editing. Triton is a lot of work, not easy at all. if you're thinking about Amphion, good luck to you. get it all in writing first. Since I started complaining, they're trying to get rid of me. I'm not going to sit here and take it... that's not my personality, so I'm definitely not the right 'fit' for this company.

Similar Messages:

For Those Of You Who Don't Make Money At This, How Do You Pay Your Bills? Sm
Jan 21, 2011

Just wondering.  If you don't mind my asking...  I'm thinking about working from home again, but last time I did this I didn't make any money at it.  That was when I only had 2 years' experience though.  I have 6 now.  This time around I HAVE to make a certain amount to pay my bills!  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!       ...

Tired Of Being Lied To And Never Being Able To Pay Bills
Oct 26, 2011

So this last place I started working said "these are old accounts that are not going anywhere."  Hmm, so why did I get an email last night saying they were keeping all work inhouse?  I am so sick and tired of worrying about money.  The really sad part is I have already applied everywhere and no one will hire me (Wal-Mart, McDonald's).  Just so tired of it all.  I wish someone wrote a book and entitled it How to be Homeless because that is what I am going to be. ...

Lawyer Bills And IMEDX
Apr 01, 2015

The idea of class action lawsuits is to get their $500 an hour attorneys looking at mounds of info. You only get attention dipping your hand into their pockets, deep at that. They will take attention then. It is a very valid claim. ...

I JUST WANT TO MAKE SOME MONEY I JUST WANT TO PAY MY BILLS, WHY IS THAT SO DIFFICULT?????
Mar 19, 2010

over 26 years of experience, i have three jobs and guess what?  NO WORK, NO WORK, NO WORK!!!!!  How does one meet their financial needs when you cannot make a living off of 3 JOBS????????  I am working vr on one of them and just started so I am not making diddly there.  So I have two part-times to supplement, but still NO WORK!!  I JUST WANT TO TYPE!!!!!  I JUST WANT TO PAY MY BILLS!!!!  Thanks for letting me vent!!!!!! ...

Acusis Pay Is So Depressing! After Paying Bills
Sep 22, 2011

Does Money Buy Happiness? No But It Helps Pay The Bills!
Apr 18, 2012

Saw this on another blog, thought immediately of the implications as it relates to hardworking MTs and the repeated pay cuts we have taken in this industry. Read and weep! www.livescience.com/19727-price-happiness-survey.html   ...

Haven't You All Noticed How Our Health Care Bills Have Gone Down Since
Aug 05, 2011

cutting the throats of MTs.  LOL ...

Q For Amphion MTs
Sep 29, 2010

Anyone ever get fired from Amphion for not meeting line requirements? I work for them FT or more as needed and have yet to make the 12,000 line requirement. I've been with them for 6 months now and have not heard a peep about it. My QA is meeting requirements and my attendance is excellent, but I have yet to make the line count. I've switched my schedule, asked for another team, another account, work extra, racked my brain, all to no answer or just "no". I'm not sure what to do a ...

Amphion (sm)
Apr 08, 2014

Considering  applying for work with Amphion.  I understand they do not pay for spaces.  Do they pay for headers or do anything to bring up the line rate?  If not, I won't bother.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Know Anything About Amphion?
May 02, 2014

Does anyone know anything about Amphion.  I know nothing.  I think I'm going to have to find another job because of changes being made in the company I work at currently.  I can't afford such a drastic pay cut as what is coming for me so I'm looking around for a transcription job, not VR.  Any information good or bad is welcome.  Thanks to anyone who responds.  It is greatly appreciated.  ...

Considering Amphion
May 17, 2014

I'm considering applying to Amphion and haven't found any recent posts from MTs. I'd love to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly! ...

Amphion QA
Aug 13, 2014

Can anyone tell me what software is used by Amphion? Is it Editscript? If not, what software do you need to know for QA positions? Thanks! ...

Amphion ?
Sep 18, 2014

I'm applying at Amphion just wondering if anyone could give me some current information on them.  Good company to work for?  Pays on time and accurate?  Enough work to go around?  I did a search for info but didn't see anything real recent.  I'd appreciate any information you can offer.  Thanks! ...

Amphion Anyone?
Dec 02, 2014

Anyone heard of or worked for Amphion??? ...

Amphion Anything?
Mar 17, 2015

Hello!  Can anyone tell me anything about Amphion; specifically how costly is their health insurance?  Do they provide steady work?  Thank you in advance! ...

Amphion - Anyone Work For Them At All?
Oct 12, 2009

how are they to work for?  Are they fair? ...

Horski, How Was Your 1st Day With Amphion?
Mar 08, 2010

xx ...

Amphion Pay Range?
May 17, 2010

Can anyone provide a ballpark range of what Amphion pays for straight transcription per line and for VR? I understood they also offered a shift differential. Thanks! ...

Amphion...anything GOOD To Say About Them?
May 20, 2010

I've narrowed my job search down to two companies with Amphion being one of them. I'd appreciate it if anybody could give me an idea of their experience at Amphion with respect to pay, if their SR platform works well, how long it took you to get up to speed and earning decent money, how much SR and how much typing, etc. Basically the stuff that you would have liked to known before you went to work at Amphion.   Thanks very much ...

Anybody Work For Amphion
Sep 14, 2010

xvxvxvx ...

Amphion And Transolutions
Oct 31, 2010

I have had offers from both Amphion and Transolution. I was just curious if anyone had insight into either of those companies. I am really tired of choosing the wrong company to work for. I think I picked a good one and then end up being so low on work that I can't pay my bills. Please help, I don't want to make this mistake again. Thanks ...

Another Amphion Question
Nov 09, 2010

Do you have to get a 100% QA score to get a raise? What score do you have to get? ...

For Those Of You Who Work For Amphion...sm
Nov 19, 2010

Could you please tell me if you make a decent salary and how long did it take you to reach that.  I will be working for Amphion soon and I am a little leary about it.  Also, how are their dictators and is there plenty of work?  Any other info you have would be helpful.   Thanks for your help! ...

Considering Employment With Amphion
Jan 05, 2011

I am considering employment with Amphion.  I've heard it's a great company to work for. Does anyone have any feedback regarding Amphion that they'd be willing to share? Thanks - Joyce ...

I Heard That Amphion...
Jan 29, 2011

pays $10/hr during training process, 2-3 months, or until you get your line count up to exceed that.  Are there any other companies out there that do this or something comparable?      ...

Anyone Interview With Amphion And Now
Feb 14, 2011

waiting to see if they have anything for you? I interviewed with them over a week ago, told them what days I wanted to work. They said they would see what I accounts my schedule fits and get back with me and I still have not heard anything back yet? Anyone know if this is normal for them?  Thanks ...

Amphion - Yes/no? All Opinions Welcome :)!
Apr 04, 2011

My small local service was recently bought by another small service. Love my job, but there's no work available. I've been offered & am considering trying part-time with Amphion just to make ends meet. I haven't been with a bigger company for about 9 years - back in the days of HealthScribe - and have a huge knot in my stomach every time I think about it - lol....anyhoo, I'd love to hear from any current or ex-Amphion employees about the good, the bad, and the ugly :). Th ...

Amphion Question...
Apr 25, 2011

Say you get health insurance, but then for several pay periods they don't give you enough work to make the required lines for health insurance anymore. Do they take insurance away from you or let you keep it? ...

Amphion And/or Archivus
May 01, 2011

Can some of you shed some light on either or both of these companies?  IC/employee, enough work, pay etc?  Thanks! ...

Amphion Any Opinions?
Jul 22, 2011

I am considering this company, VR.  Any opinions? ...