Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I chatted with a transcriptionist in The Philippines once. Ready to be angry? - MTGuy

Posted: Aug 28th, 2023 - 6:12 am In Reply to: radiology transcription - Betty

My wife is Filipino-American. She has a friend who is a transcriptionist in Manila. I chatted with her on Facebook once 5 years ago. That transcriptionist is... or at least 5 years ago WAS getting paid 2 pesos ($0.04) per line. Granted, she is only capable of transcribing about 100 lines per hour because English is not her native language, but there you have it. She said that more experienced Filipino transcriptionists get paid 2.5 pesos ($0.05) per line, while senior transcriptionists (5+ years experience) get 3 pesos ($0.06) per line.

So, if you wanted to know where American transcriptionists stand in relation to overseas transcriptionists... now you know: If you're working for 4 cents per line, you're paid less for your work than many Filipinos are. Why? Because there are so many stupid American transcriptionist suckers out there who think that just because they are working from home means that it is okay to get paid a shitty rate for their work, even if it is a skilled position. Filipinos KNOW what THEY are worth, and THEY get paid for their skills.

So yeah, screw these 4 CPL jobs and anybody who thinks that's fair pay for this skilled work. You could write to a transcription in company in The Philippines (and probably India, I don't doubt), and there's a fair chance that those companies would pay you more per line than this crappy Stat Transcribe job is offering.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)