Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Why would they pay US MTs more - Reply

Posted: Aug 28th, 2023 - 9:44 am In Reply to: I chatted with a transcriptionist in The Philippines once. Ready to be angry? - MTGuy

When people in the Philippines and India can do the same job (and it is the same skill because they receive training), when others are happy to have these jobs? Compare the cost of living and the exchange rate and it is probably decent pay for them. It happened with manufacturing jobs too, they’ve mostly gone overseas because workers are willing to tolerate low pay and labor laws and safe working conditions are not enforced. I guess the difference between US based and foreign MTs is that the people in the US are able to make a choice and can change occupations if they’re not happy with the situation. Some posts that I’ve read indicate that people seem to think that this is all they know or all they can do, and move from one low paying job to the next. The MTSOs do this because they can get away with it. There are no restrictions regarding sending work offshore, so anything goes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)