Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Medical Transcription is a DEAD profession - redmaj

Posted: May 14th, 2023 - 10:04 am In Reply to: Medical Transcription is a DEAD profession - MTdonenow

I stopped working about 3 years ago-I have been an MT since 1977 and hated Fluency-something that was supposed to be so easy kicked my butt, and I have worked on so many different platforms. I am retired, but believe it or not kind of miss transcribing. I had many good years of in-house working in hospitals, made great money, good benefits, and loved it all. Then of course, voice rec ruined it all. What happened to Nuance? It is a slap in the face what MTs (or Editors now) make-AND they want speed, perfection. I had to go to school and get my associates degree. And those QA people! Most of them loved finding mistakes, or what they thought were. I still don't see how hospitals are saving money by outsourcing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)