Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Perfect description - Agree

Posted: Oct 12th, 2021 - 1:48 pm In Reply to: I have left as well - Will not miss it

You described it perfectly, a pitstop while one is in between jobs. That is exactly what it was for me. My last MT job that I had been at for almost 5 years went down the tubes due to COVID, so I needed to find something else quickly, which is when I found WWD. I wasn't the least bit crazy about the fact that they mailed physical checks, but the pay was a lot better than any of the other companies I had checked out, most of which were paying the standard 3-4 cpl for editing, so I decided to take it until something better came along.

I cannot even begin to imagine anyone sticking around there for any longer than they have to. I completely agree that this is not a gig that is meant to be long-term for most people. It's very difficult to earn a decent living doing those insurance interviews. You have to bust your behind working 12-14 hours a day just to make even close to $100, and that's only possible when there's enough work. I found it exhausting to the point that I just couldn't do it anymore. I would literally dread logging on to start my day. All of that was coupled with the fact that this is obviously not a company that cares about worker retention since they refuse to do anything to fix any of their major issues (i.e. lack of direct deposit and nonexistent communication). Oh, well. It's not my problem anymore. I left them in the dust and couldn't have been happier to do so. I'm now back to MT doing VR editing at 5 cpl and I'm loving it. The VR is actually very decent and most reports require very little editing, so I can usually average $18-20/hour. It's so much less stressful than WWD and my hands and wrists are getting a much needed break from all that nonstop typing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)