Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Training to Scope - Jen

Posted: Nov 22nd, 2020 - 9:15 pm In Reply to: Switching from MT to Scoping - Mua

Yes, I think scoping is the way to go. I don't think it's harder to learn than MT. In fact, you have a head start because of MT. I still have to research terms but not as much as with MT. I encounter a wide variety of fields in legal transcripts and unfamiliar terms. Plus, I have to research names and places.

Because of your MT training, it may take you less time to go through the training. You could probably sail through the grammar portions. It depends on how your MT training was. I went through Andrews School in Oklahoma, and they were very rigorous.

Also, with scoping training, they are probably assuming you have no experience listening to someone speak through headphones while you're editing. So you have a head start with that as well. It's a matter of being able to know all the things that need to be changed/fixed or watched out for in a transcript while you're listening to the audio. I didn't think there was a whole lot to it until I started doing it. But there's quite a bit. Also, you're learning the software and all the command keys. So, if you could even spend an hour a day on your work days and then extra time over the weekend, you could do it, I think.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)