Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 48)

Scoping - Jen

Posted: Nov 15th, 2020 - 6:14 pm In Reply to: Switching from MT to Scoping - Mua

So, I just happened to find your post while I was doing a search on a scoping job that I was doing and thought I'd reply. I would run as fast as you can into scoping. I did MT for 10 years. Worked for Transolutions, which turned into something else and then finally became Nuance. What a joke that job turned into. I used to get paid so well on the "Star" team the company had. So, all that being said, I ended up getting into proofreading for Court Reporters through a program I paid for online called Proofread Anywhere. Proofreading is decent, and I did that for a couple of years, but more money can be made doing scoping. At first I was nervous to go into scoping, but it's a lot like doing the MT after voice recognition came into use, and we were just checking the text against the audio. Except, for the most part, scoping is easier and better than using voice recognition with medical editing. This is because they're not actually using voice recognition. The court reporter writes on her machine what she hears and has backup audio. My main client usually has 2 or 3 backup audio sources so if the main source from her machine isn't the greatest, she has her iphone audio, which is almost always better. Now, she trained me to do scoping and paid for the Eclipse software at first. I had to buy a laptop (although you can work on a PC too.) I wanted to be mobile and bought a laptop. I would suggest Internet Scoping School. They are reputable and train well, and you will need training. Your MT training will help things go faster, but there are still a lot of aspects of legal transcripts you will need to learn and the basic functions of the new software, as well. There is a lot of work available in scoping, but you will have to learn how to market yourself and get the word out. I don't know if ISS uses the Eclipse program in their training, though. I like Eclipse. I will eventually branch out into at least one other software like Case Catalyst.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)