Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Switching from MT to Scoping - Mua

Posted: Nov 20th, 2020 - 6:37 pm In Reply to: Proofreading versus scoping - Jen

Ok, so it sounds like scoping is more the way to go. Would you say scoping was harder to learn than MT? Because it took me many years working as an MT before I did not have a day go by where I didn't have to look up a medical word, it took me years to just be able to go along and type without stopping to do research.

So, $400 a week income scoping will take a while, it sounds like. And, that means I would have to keep doing MT work to supplement, maybe on the weekends. I have a 16-year-old son who doesn't need me as much so I have free time now to really dedicate to scoping. I don't have medical issues except I do take breaks every half hour to hour to move around to avoid getting achy and to give my eyes a break from the computer.

So another question, it seems like the training takes many hours, on ISS's website it said if you dedicate 15-20 hours a week, you can probably finish your training in 5 months. I am curious what is involved in scoping that requires so many hours of training? I am sure there is a lot to learn, but wondering if there is a lot more involved in the transcripts than what I remember from when I was in CR school.

I am a little concerned about the hours of training I would have to complete while still working during the week. I work from 9 am to at least 3:30 pm each weekday and I am pretty brain fried at the end of the workday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)