Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 57)

Switching from MT to Scoping - Mua

Posted: Nov 15th, 2020 - 7:00 pm In Reply to: Scoping - Jen

Thank you for your informative reply. I was on ISS's website earlier today, and they did sound good. I learned there are 3 main schools and that is one of them. I spoke to the owner of the Gibson Training Center yesterday, who is also one of the main schools, her program sounded good too. And her price is comparable to ISS. That is great your CR paid for your Eclipse software. I hear such awful things about Nuance! Monetary punishments for mistakes?!!! Sheese! It does seem like scoping is similar to MT editing. I did not mention it earlier in my original post but in the early 90s I attended and graduated from CR school but I did not get a job as a CR. But towards the end of my schooling I was in an internship, sat in on depositions and I proofread my mentor's work. So, I am familiar with court reporting, but I do forget how to read it and have forgotten a lot about it by now. I have also learned that scopists are in demand. How many CR's do you type for, and how did you acquire more CR's to scope for when you started scoping? Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)