Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

More info - Jen

Posted: Nov 18th, 2020 - 6:22 pm In Reply to: Proofreading versus scoping - Jen

I also have to say it only took me 5 months to get up to speed in scoping is because I already had a client. I didn't just go from scoping training to scoping work. I had an established proofreading client already who trained me to scope. She taught me some basics in the software over a few hour sessions and gave me 2 or 3 practice files that I didn't get paid for. After that, I started scoping paid work. It was slow, and I didn't make much at first. But like I said, it took me about 5 months of gradually building up speed and confidence in my work. For others, it could be faster. I have kids at home so that limited my "quiet" time. I would ask any scoping school what their plan is to help students market themselves after they graduate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)