Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Reply - No longer an MT

Posted: Oct 24th, 2019 - 8:21 am In Reply to: Coming from - someone (sm)

I’m only on the periphery of MT now but as far as I know this is not a restricted site. For those of you bitching about your pay now, I began working as an MT in 1973 and was paid $2.00 an hour, which I think was minimum wage at the time. Having worked as an MT until a layoff in 2012 when my facility outsourced, I think I’ve seen enough to be able to share some experiences. I loved MT and advanced through the ranks at several different jobs, I didn’t like a lot of my managers either and thought some of them were incompetent but it goes with the territory. All I was saying that AAMT benefited me, and I considered obtaining a CMT by passing the exam a feather in my cap, and back then it looked good on a resume. I knew several people who took that test and flunked. I think AAMT went haywire years ago, I was sharing how it used to be when the world was different and people had a different work ethic.. I don’t think you were ever a member, but you are critical of those that were. I don’t have any control over what you are asked on job interviews and your responses, but attitude goes a long way and yours seems to be pretty negative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)