Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

They focus - on (sm)

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2019 - 10:32 am In Reply to: AHDI?? SM - MT1011

MTs becoming certified, which has no benefit as to whether you make more money or not. They focus on putting out Books of Style, which are worthless when compared to account specs or company policies. Their books come last.

They basically are a bunch of cronies trying to sell $hit that is worthless to the MT this day and age. Actually, it never was worth anything.

Currently, there are MT Schools churning out MT certificate holders who are easily able to get hired on because they will accept low pay and just glad to be working from home and taking care of their kids.

The irony of it all is that I just looked up the salary of a nanny, and they make 21 dollars an hour on the average. This profession, you're lucky to make minimum wage. To think all these years after raising my kids, I could have been working outside the home making way more than what I have in this industry.

I would love to see how many of these MTSO owners paying 3 to 4 cpl to ICs and requiring a schedule are actually certified medical transcriptionists.

The owner I work for cannot even form a full comprehensible sentence, let alone her spelling errors. She just plops blurbs of words and could care less what she says. She's passive-aggressive in her messages. Do it now or we'll lose accounts, watch your quality or we'll pass on our fines from Nuance to you... blah, blah, blah

MTSO owners are sales people. They are not transcriptionists who care or really could give two craps whether you are certified or not. They just want the work done now and to their specifications but they do not work and they also do not conform. They just throw you under the bus.

As far as experience at getting to go some meeting for AAMT, who cares? I've seen tons of surgeries and worked with loads of doctors who actually treated me like a human being. I worked at a hospital where they wanted me to learn new things. Unfortunately, the higher ups felt my job didn't matter because they could get it done cheaper by offshoring and it looked good on them and their budget.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)