Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Agree -not a union - StillAnMT

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2019 - 8:04 am In Reply to: Apparently what they did or did not do... - has not helped.

AHDI has never tried to be a union. as a professional organization, they have done a great job in setting a standard. They have been a great ongoing educational resource for all of us. They have been a conduit for products to help us find answers. It was so invigorating to go to my state conference every year with all the speakers and all the vendors!

On looking back over the past 2+ decades, it seems they helped me most in the 1990s and 2000s. Every aspect of the MT field has changed and weakened, and that is also reflected in AHDI.

A young doctor once interviewed bemoaned the fact that there were no authoritative resources to go to with questions such as the correct way to abbreviate diseases, etc. It was sad to me that no one around him could answer those questions for him or tell him about AHDI.

We grieve our profession. The biggest reason it is considered a "profession" is because of AHDI. They are now struggling to survive just like we are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)