Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 61)

Coming from - someone (sm)

Posted: Oct 23rd, 2019 - 8:30 am In Reply to: That’s your choice - No longer an MT

who is no longer an MT, I guess it is easier to give me advice and your last sentence really shows that obviously AAMT never taught you compassion when you visited these operating rooms.

I am looking outside. Unfortunately, I get asked the same questions:
Them: Why do you no longer want to work from home? I'd love to work in my jammies. Me: I am currently seeking a steady income and steady hours of work and MT no longer serves me as it did long ago. Also, I do get dressed every day and shower and show up for work like any other respectable person.
Them: You have a few companies listed here, how does that all come together?
Me: Well, I have to kind of chase work. What happens is the companies lose the account, over hire, and sometimes I even have to work for 2 companies since I am an independent contractor so I have something to fall back on in case I'm out of work for an entire shift, which can happen. Lastly, There are entitled QA people who kind of feel like they heard something I didn't and rather than try to undermine my "superiors," I just kind of go along with it until I get to a point where the company is just no longer a good fit due to reasons beyond my control.

I do believe my current boss has a lot to do with how her business is run, and I also really doubt you're sorry.

How I see it, you left, and now you're coming back here to stir the pot.

If your new "No longer an MT," status is so great, why don't you just take yourself off this board since it's for MTs to talk about issues with this industry? Hmmm.... I guess that statement doesn't feel too good, does it? I've seen threads and threads about how abusive QA can be. Sounds like you may be one of them, always finding something to correct or always with some kind of snide remark that's supposed to sound suggestive. And, before, you come back with "You don't know me," no, I do not, and by God, you certainly don't know me, so please save it.

I stick by my original post because, honestly, I still make the same as anyone else being hired on and have been the past 15 years, young or old who have been involved in these organizations, CMT or no CMT. No one cares anymore.

The hourly hospital job was real quick to go offshore and didn't care that meant no bread for my table. They told me to go with the offshore company and goodbye; I had 17 years in that place. I gave it my all. I kept the work up at an hourly rate and did special requests every day.

As a side note, I had a cardiologist tell me back in 1996 that transcription would no longer be around, and I should have listened. He was referring to Dragon software. However, I came home and raised my kids; I'll never regret it.

I do believe the original post was asking what AAMT has done for our wages? Can we stick on topic instead of attacking me personally and my situation?

In my post, I am referencing the fact that currently AAMT or AHDI or whatever else really do nothing in regard to wages or we would not all be making the same money or less than we did years ago. They sold their idea that being a CMT would be so wonderful and it is not. Pay is all the same. They are still selling third editions of their book as if it's not already played out.

If they are re-training, then sure I'd love to hear their new pitch? Is it hash slinging they offer now or is it telling "no longer MTs" to go and let loose on current MTs?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)