Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

That’s your choice - No longer an MT

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2019 - 6:50 pm In Reply to: They focus - on (sm)

I dropped my membership years ago but I enjoyed the educational opportunities that were offered. I lived in a small community and didn’t get to see “tons of surgeries.” A few of us made a day trip to a teaching hospital to observe the bypass; I worked for cardiologists at the time and found it to be very worthwhile. AAMT has been in existence since the 1980s and I belonged when transcription was a viable career. The majority of us worked on site in hourly, benefited positions and you are comparing apples to oranges if you are comparing the current state of MT to what it was back in the day. AAMT afforded many of us learning opportunities that we otherwise would not have had. I’m sorry you don’t like your boss, that has nothing to do with AAMT. I worked in QA for a while, and our client and the facility where I worked adhered to BOS guidelines, so I beg to differ. If you haven’t been a member and don’t know the history of the organization, maybe you shouldn’t be so critical. If you think your job is
s—t, maybe it’s time to take that nanny job or go sling hash for a living.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)