Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 73)

Quality - sm

Posted: Nov 16th, 2018 - 3:55 pm In Reply to: Not to mention, everyone is so quick to bash QA - on this board, but the

I don't understand what happened to quality either. I see it too. My accounts say it's fine to start a sentence with a number, so I can see where some MTs will have learned it that way, but what I see most are careless mistakes, run-on sentences, odd or no punctuation, wrong verb tense, and just a lot of wrong terms all over. Like not knowing how to spell brand name surgical equipment or bothering to research it.

There are so many errors that jump out when you have experience. But I can't imagine not taking the time to research whether something is brand name or not, or a quick Google search if you aren't sure about some part of the anatomy. I've been doing acute care and multi-specialty for a decade and even I still have to Google things several times a day. Only takes a few seconds and it makes a big difference. That's what I love about this job, still always learning.

So I'm not sure why the decrease in quality unless maybe there really are just too many people trying to get MT jobs without the experience they claim to have. I've been wondering about it. Still lots of great work out there, but way too much shoddy work too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)